The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Guy Here! Introduction and Some Thoughts

McDrummerSLR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jul 20, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Hey all,

Just joined the other night and I'm excited to be able to be a part of this community and to have found these books! I finished my first read through of Unscripted , and it was amazing. Per the referrals in the book to TMF , I'm now reading that one as well. So much learned so far, and yet I'm only just scratching the surface. I feel a sort of enlightenment and excitement about everything and it's cool to be able to associate with all of you that are like-minded. So many stories on here are mind boggling and crazy awesome.

A little bit about me: I'm 26 and am currently working a Slowlane job. I'm a flight instructor and manage a team of instructors at a big flight school, and while I worked my a$$ off to train and get where I am now, I feel shackled and no longer fulfilled by it. (my current job I mean; I still absolutely adore flying and I mean to keep it that way). Unfortunately COVID resulted in my airline start date getting cancelled indefinitely before I could go and now I'm watching my company slowly sink, dragging me along with it. They won't admit it either which is ironic. Anyways I could stand here and b%$#h and moan about it but that certainly won't change anything and really it's on me for choosing a volatile career path; I knew that going in. BUT: in a way for me it was a blessing in disguise because I realized that there has to be more. There has to be more than 1) just waiting for the next step and 2) relying on the industry to recover enough for me to stand a chance at getting hired at an airline where maybe I might make it all the way to a point where I move to a bigger airline where maybe I get to a point where I'm making the big bucks everyone talks about in my world. Slowlane much?

Anyways, I'd go so far to call this chain of events my FTE, albeit one that occurred over the course of a couple months. It led me to seek knowledge relating to finance and business, which led me to the books and to try thinking outside of the box a bit. And that's where I'm at now; working on an idea that came to mind based on a funny issue that a lot of people have with cockpit management whether they realize it or not, and even though the industry is decimated there are still plenty of pilots who might find it to be of value. Getting it to a prototype stage while I'm at my current job would be cool because I could have some of my team give it a test run, including myself.

Very much looking forward to mingling with all y'all! Thanks again for adding me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Sounds like you have your idea and you're all ready to go! You're further ahead than most...

Maybe your existing knowledge could be transferred into an app or on a web course as well....

You can do this! :bicep:

McDrummerSLR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jul 20, 2020
Phoenix, AZ

Thank you!

Sounds like you have your idea and you're all ready to go! You're further ahead than most...

Maybe your existing knowledge could be transferred into an app or on a web course as well....

You can do this! :bicep:

Thank you very much! That's a good thought, certainly one that occurred to me and one I've been thinking about. You know what's funny is the more concrete my idea becomes and the more into it I dive, the more motivated I am to see it through. Like today I've adjusted the idea some based on some light polling and I'm even more excited than before.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NT2

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 21, 2020
Texas
Hey all,

Just joined the other night and I'm excited to be able to be a part of this community and to have found these books! I finished my first read through of Unscripted , and it was amazing. Per the referrals in the book to TMF , I'm now reading that one as well. So much learned so far, and yet I'm only just scratching the surface. I feel a sort of enlightenment and excitement about everything and it's cool to be able to associate with all of you that are like-minded. So many stories on here are mind boggling and crazy awesome.

A little bit about me: I'm 26 and am currently working a Slowlane job. I'm a flight instructor and manage a team of instructors at a big flight school, and while I worked my a$$ off to train and get where I am now, I feel shackled and no longer fulfilled by it. (my current job I mean; I still absolutely adore flying and I mean to keep it that way). Unfortunately COVID resulted in my airline start date getting cancelled indefinitely before I could go and now I'm watching my company slowly sink, dragging me along with it. They won't admit it either which is ironic. Anyways I could stand here and b%$#h and moan about it but that certainly won't change anything and really it's on me for choosing a volatile career path; I knew that going in. BUT: in a way for me it was a blessing in disguise because I realized that there has to be more. There has to be more than 1) just waiting for the next step and 2) relying on the industry to recover enough for me to stand a chance at getting hired at an airline where maybe I might make it all the way to a point where I move to a bigger airline where maybe I get to a point where I'm making the big bucks everyone talks about in my world. Slowlane much?

Anyways, I'd go so far to call this chain of events my FTE, albeit one that occurred over the course of a couple months. It led me to seek knowledge relating to finance and business, which led me to the books and to try thinking outside of the box a bit. And that's where I'm at now; working on an idea that came to mind based on a funny issue that a lot of people have with cockpit management whether they realize it or not, and even though the industry is decimated there are still plenty of pilots who might find it to be of value. Getting it to a prototype stage while I'm at my current job would be cool because I could have some of my team give it a test run, including myself.

Very much looking forward to mingling with all y'all! Thanks again for adding me.
Welcome! I look forward to watching your evolution...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome neighbor, by chance is your flight school in Chandler?

McDrummerSLR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jul 20, 2020
Phoenix, AZ

Matixpilot

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Feb 15, 2020
@McDrummerSLR Ah another fellow aviator looking outside the window at all the possibilities! I was in your shoes years ago as a flight instructor chasing the airline "dream job." There is so much opportunity in the small niche world of aviation that hasn't even been scratched yet. Good luck with your idea!

McDrummerSLR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jul 20, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
@McDrummerSLR Ah another fellow aviator looking outside the window at all the possibilities! I was in your shoes years ago as a flight instructor chasing the airline "dream job." There is so much opportunity in the small niche world of aviation that hasn't even been scratched yet. Good luck with your idea!
Thank you! Honestly it's still a dream job for me, but I feel like it'd be better as something I can do because I want to, not because I need to.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...