The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Game?

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
So it seemed like most of us enjoyed playing the guessing game that MJ started a few days ago. It got me thinking maybe that is a good idea for a board game. I was thinking like trivia pursuit except you would land on a category and then you would hear the ingredients of something from that category and have to guess what it was. I mentioned this idea to my wife who got a good laugh out of it ( she hates these types of games ) She said who is gonna want to play that game scientist? She may be right but I still think there is a good idea in there somewhere, so I thought for fun we could brainstorm and see what blossoms. I already have 4 categories for the game.

1)Health and Beauty
2) Food
3) Medicine
4) Household cleaners

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scout

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Apr 24, 2009
NJ
I would add:

5) Pet products (Alpo ingredients would be interesting
6) Automotive and engine (oil, anti-freeze, trans fluid, car wax, car polish....
7) Lawn and Garden (what is in miracle grow

You could also flip the questions, give the product and you have 1 min to name three ingredients…

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Not bad, not sure if the game would be appealing to normal adults, but it certainly would appeal to the media. You'd get free publicity for producing such a game because it is new and newsworthy. Its a PR dream.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Hmmm.... this could be pretty simple to test.

Catchy name? WhatsInIt.com is taken. So is hidden killers. Bottled killers to limited possibly?

Controversial?

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Could really catch on if you brand and promote it properly.

I'd market it to the health food set.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
A great idea for a game. Gives a new perspective on products we use everyday. I see this game as a good Iphone/Ipod Application. A list of ingredients is given, and you have to type in the product.. If kept simple and fun, it can crush other competing apps for the #1 download spot. :thumbsup:

son_of_slim_jim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Mar 11, 2008
Ohio
I think that would work out well. But i was wondering if so many categories would work? Maybe just one... I dont know? Keep at it. And the Ipod app idea is great

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.