The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Book Cover, Cover Testimonial, Your Thoughts?

Illusion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Sep 2, 2011
Montreal
No wholesale book buyer (ppl that buy for bookstores) would ever put TMF on a book store shelf with BALLS and CRAP on the cover. This is an issue. Don't get me wrong; I love it. My book is finally making it into the bookstores and the last thing I need to do is to douse water on the flames by having unprofessional language on the cover.

you might want to consider editing out the real in real truth. Doesnt sound proper.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
you might want to consider editing out the real in real truth. Doesnt sound proper.

Yes, I did do that in the rough drafts ... real X 2 is bad use and real before truth adds nothing. Thanks for being on the same page! :smxB:

deepestblue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 11, 2011
Arizona
2) Seriously, you'll learn more in 2 days from this book than you will in 2 years of business college courses, and it's 1/100th of the price!

Like this one because it resonates, it has #s which quantify the purchase and after reading it, readers will realize it is actually an understatement: The fact is you'll learn more in 2 days from the book than FOUR years of business school.

Illusion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Sep 2, 2011
Montreal
Yes, I did do that in the rough drafts ... real X 2 is bad use and real before truth adds nothing. Thanks for being on the same page!:smx8:

Whats with the :smx8:?

Im just trying to help...

By the way, how do I get the fastlane graduate banner? I bought,read and enjoyed your book!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I like number 3 the best. To me it seems the most professional.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Illusion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Sep 2, 2011
Montreal
My bad, wrong icon! It was meant to be a winkie!! As for the icon, just post over in the "I read The Millionaire Fastlane " thread. :smxB:

I know this probably isnt the thread to say this in, but I gotta admit, being able to communicate directly with the author of a book I read and loved is pretty amazing.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
No wholesale book buyer (ppl that buy for bookstores) would ever put TMF on a book store shelf with BALLS and CRAP on the cover. This is an issue. Don't get me wrong; I love it. My book is finally making it into the bookstores and the last thing I need to do is to douse water on the flames by having unprofessional language on the cover.

Ah, did not realize that. Makes good sense though, too bad though. I would have bought another copy just because that would have been a sick though.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Just seen this thread...

I'm going to have to vote for #2, hehe.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm meeting with a book buyer today (buyer for bookstores), Ill let everyone know if she has the same thoughts about "crap" and "balls".

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
(2) Seriously, you'll learn more in 2 days from this book than you will in 2 years of business college courses, and it's 1/100th of the price!

I could probably edit out BALLS to GUTS and CRAP to JUNK.

3, 4, 5, 7 are too vague and somewhat cliche. If I read that testimonial, I immediately think, "Ya, ya, ya."

6 and 8 are a little better than the ones above, but are missing some POP!

1 and 2 are the best, but I like 2 best, even with the word BALLS in the first one. 2 is specific, measurable and makes you think of what it would be like to learn more in 2 days instead of 2 years for less money. Total mental picture!

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I'm meeting with a book buyer today (buyer for bookstores), Ill let everyone know if she has the same thoughts about "crap" and "balls".

And you could always replace balls with &@*%$ or something...

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Well I met with the buyer on Saturday and she confirmed that BALLS and CRAP was a risk, but not for her. She loved the new cover and the testimonial but did say that other wholesale book buyers in the space might perceive it as a risk.

The testimonials that resonated with her were #1, #2, and #6.

I also learned something far more valuable than the testimonial itself - never put "amazon" on a book cover if you want your book to be in the book stores!

MartinV

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Sep 17, 2011
(6) This book is a wake up call of epic proportions and I think some of those talking head gurus are going to put a price on his head.

BUT, if it's ok to selectively quote, I think this is much stronger. The last part of the sentence just muddles the message.

(6) This book is a wake up call of epic proportions...

hrishikesh

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 8, 2011
Split test between 1 and 2.
Put it in 2 different identical shops and put the book near the entrance or something.
Also put a cardboard cutout or poster of the book cover.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

Strongly agree.

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
This personal attention to users is probably why Limo.com did so well.

People love to know they matter.

This is something we've implemented in a big way this year.

(thanks, MJ, for indirectly influencing my decisions to do this).

Lots to tell you all about at the next B&P . . .

-Russ H.

PS speaking of which, we're almost done w/the sign up site. :banana:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
(2) "You'll learn more in 2 days from this book than in 2 years of business school. And you'll save about $100,000."

(never hurts to contact the original reviewer, and ask them if they're OK w/the change)

-Russ H.

nuwav

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Mar 4, 2011
London, UK
I like number (2), Because I can relate to it, I did a business/IT related degree. I learnt more from your book, because your book provides a methodology that can be used in the real world and digital world.

I do like number (1) also, only because I have not seen any other business/finance book with that type of testimonial, it could make your book stand out. But the question is will it encourage people to buy your book? it's a shame you can't split test.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
(6) This book is a wake up call of epic proportions and I think some of those talking head gurus are going to put a price on his head.

To me, this one's superior to other options without second thought.

Kid Money

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 1, 2012
1 0r 8...... nobody wants to read the same ole books about wealth....people want you to cut out the BS and give it to them straight!!!!!!!
do not go with any other than 1 or 8. That would have got my attention over some other book......its ballsy!!

jessica_david

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Mar 15, 2012
I will go with 5 & 7, Or you can combine both like 'The Last Book You Will Ever Buy on Wealth Creation and Business & 7 This book will open your eyes to how the rich really get rich.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.