The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need your opinion on my new website

Scout

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Apr 24, 2009
NJ
The concept seems good, but you need to create a security about sending a prized possession or an expensive item to a unknown firm. Warranty, Guarantee, "an estimate and quote will be sent back before any work is done on your prized watch". Before and after photo's of past work...

For the site design, I would go for a more high-end feel, the fonts and language give a college or Ikea feel. Please don't use words like "bummer".

I would visit all the high end watch companies web sites and mirror their fonts, colors and images. They all spent the big bucks studying their target markets and have identified what appeals to their demographics...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
hat if you did an add-on to your service where for $5 or whatever you sent the client the proper mailer/box with bubble wrap or whatever they needed to get it to you safely, already self addressed to you?

I think this is a solid idea, but I would offer it for free. Build it into your prices. Also, like the others said, offer a money-back guarantee (including if UPS/USPS loses it) as one of your Value Propositions. Carry insurance if you have to.

Start marketing the site. Text me or hit me on up Skype if you want help setting up PPC campaigns.

djax06

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Jan 16, 2013
I'd send my watch if it said free fragile shipping/if its damaged we buy it from you! or something along those lines, but I dont own a 5k dollar watch :)

Like the site! Good luck!

Xyros

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 28, 2012
Hi,

Although this is not fast lane, but it definitely caters to a niche for anyone that wears a watch or has a watch they would like to sell. I've just officially launched this site tonight. I wanted to collect some honest opinions on how I can improve this site. All opinion are appreciated! :)

Watch Tune Up | Get A Tune Up!

What do you guys think?

I think your site looks good enough for what your offering!
It is a good idea because I just sent out my Rolex Datejust for a service, which costs quite a bit.
Do you also service these watches?

X

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.