The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

need some input ASAP for my companie's name

Do you like the name visiposure

• i like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i dont like it

Votes: 11 100.0%

• Total voters

Steve K

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 9, 2008
new york city
how does the name "visiposure" (visi-posure) strike you ?
it a fusion of two things that all companies need to succeed, vision and exposure

yay or nay ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Steve K

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 9, 2008
new york city
its a marketing/consulting company geared to small business'
it offers sales training, and strategies to increase growth , and sales.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
I don't care for it because:

1) It's too hard to pronounce when reading it
2) If you have a website for the company, people are constantly going to be mis-typing it and won't be able to find you because they mis-spell the name.
3) Because of it being a hybrid of two half-names, it doesn't tell me, the customer, what your business is or what you can do for me.

As a customer, I would rather just see "John Doe Marketing" or "John Doe Consulting", that tells me that you're a marketing company or a consulting company. Visiposure doesn't tell me that, it just confuses me.

Steve K

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 9, 2008
new york city
im not sure if i want to use my name because i wont be the only person working with the company, and the goal is to generate a good amount of growth (but leaving some on the table) and then sell out

Smooth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Mar 20, 2010
not a fan either. you need to be sure that a) when you pronounce it, people can spell it correctly 99% of the time -- if not, you can easily spell it out for them, and b) the domain is not too confusing, available, and easy to transfer from word-of-mouth to text.

Smooth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Mar 20, 2010
Also, what helped me when I was trying to decide on my company's name were a bunch of domain name generators-- nameboy.com comes to mind, but there are a bunch more. You can kill 2 birds with one stone...get cool company and domain name ideas, and see if the domain names are available so you are not wasting your time checking godaddy.com for every idea you come up with.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
off the cuff, brain sleep deprived idea-

Top Dog Consulting
- Learn how to become the top dog in your industry through our total profit maximizing..... ok the idea just ran out of steam in my head, but you get the idea.

Steve K

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 9, 2008
new york city
smooth
actually ive been doing that quite often

the moment something would come to mind, i would immediately look to see if the domain was available

Smooth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Mar 20, 2010
@steve k: would you develop it and resell? turn it into a valuable website & collect income? flip the domain instantly w/o developing it?

sparechange?

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jan 11, 2010
nope I don't like it either.

I'm still stuck on my company name :(

It's 3am or I'd suggest some names for you.

maybe tmrw.

m'kay I dance now :groove:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.