The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need Recommendations and Ideas

Idea threads

Midnight Sun

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 17, 2024
Currently i'm in position where i don't have anything but few couple hundred dollars, laptop, phone, and internet, and still lives in my parent house. as 22 YO i don't really have any experience in making money from internet, i already tried business but finally ended up badly few months ago. is there anything you guys would do in my position?

Sorry for bad english

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Entrepeneurista

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 30, 2024
Currently i'm in position where i don't have anything but few couple hundred dollars, laptop, phone, and internet, and still lives in my parent house. as 22 YO i don't really have any experience in making money from internet, i already tried business but finally ended up badly few months ago. is there anything you guys would do in my position?

Sorry for bad english
Hai,

What you could do to make money depends on what skills you have. If you think that you dont have monetizable skills, nowadays you can teach yourself a lot of things for free on the internet.

Maxkaz

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Jul 19, 2023
Israel

Sorry for bad english
I once was in the same position. My line of thought was: "Ok, here I am with my laptop and almost no marketable skills. What should I do? Let us first make a list of what can I do. Fusion 360 - check. Adobe After Effects - check. Let me set a Fiverr account for those skills"

Then I sat on that Fiverr for a month and my stomach became quite empty with zero sales (for now after 6 months it is 2 sales already there for $30 total). So my next line of thought was: "Ok, there is an Internet marketplace full of people from around the world where I seemingly do not have any advantage over competition. What should I do next?"

And then I dropped my laptop, put up a screwdriver and went outside. Because no Indian or Ukranian freelancer will be able to fix a leaking tap for an old lady in Nazareth suburbs in the near future. And that was my competition advantage - an ability to serve my local area.

Vntonio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Aug 18, 2023
Earth
And then I dropped my laptop, put up a screwdriver and went outside. Because no Indian or Ukranian freelancer will be able to fix a leaking tap for an old lady in Nazareth suburbs in the near future. And that was my competition advantage - an ability to serve my local area.
That's gold!

I'm tired of people who say: just pick any skills and get yourself on Fiverr.
Sure, a place with millions of people like you, where you compete on a few dollars.

Tho, if you want to have a chance, Twitter/YouTube and word of mouth are great for the moment.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.