The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need help with prototype

Gsr2011

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 28, 2019
Hello! I've had a great idea for a tangible item for kids after having my first child (now onto my second ) that is a life saver for parents while out at dinner at restaurants.

My problem, I don't know where to start with prototypes or design as I can barley draw a stick person properly. Is there a service that you can describe your designs too and they render you something or 3d print it?

My idea utilizes plastic for its entire structure and is two pieces that need assembly with a sort of spring clamp, think Clipboard style spring to clamp.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
How can you hack something together with parts from elsewhere? Like, from Home Depot, or an office supply store, or from other miscellaneous stuff around your house--just to build a super rough-n-ugly prototype to see if it solves the problem?

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
Hello! I've had a great idea for a tangible item for kids after having my first child (now onto my second ) that is a life saver for parents while out at dinner at restaurants.

My problem, I don't know where to start with prototypes or design as I can barley draw a stick person properly. Is there a service that you can describe your designs too and they render you something or 3d print it?

My idea utilizes plastic for its entire structure and is two pieces that need assembly with a sort of spring clamp, think Clipboard style spring to clamp.

Thanks
I was in the same boat as you maybe 6 months ago. I can't draw to save my life, but I had a general idea of how I wanted my product to work. I went on upwork and hired an engineer to refine my idea and make a 3D model of it. How much that costs will depend on the complexity of the product and how refined you want the design.

I would make a post on upwork just to consult with an engineer to get an idea of what it would cost.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.