The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need Help Picking a Book Cover! (:

Marketing, social media, advertising

What Book Cover Do You Like?

• Total voters

Uly Sambrano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 15, 2015
Hey you guys I need help picking a book cover for my book to for it to sell, let me know what you guys like or think! and thank you for all the help!:)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• ulysambranoebookbw032915.jpg
    ulysambranoebookbw032915.jpg
    999.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Workout cover edit.jpg
    Workout cover edit.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Book Cover edit 2.jpg
    Book Cover edit 2.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 43

Sisyphus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Feb 4, 2015
Toronto
I dont like any of the them to be honest..

The typography looks really strange, especially on the second and third one

EDIT:
I figured it out! The typography looks strange because its not anti-aliased. Google that if you dont know what it is. If you are outsourcing the design, ask the typography to be vectorized.

Last edited:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Same here. The covers look very old fashioned which would lead the viewer into subconsciously thinking the book is outdated and so of little use (we seem conditioned these days to want the latest version of everything however absurd that may seem).

Personally I would check out the covers of the best sellers on Amazon in my niche and de-construct them. I'd look at what appealing similarities they have. What worked and why. I might discount or give less gravitas to the more famous authors as the cover might have less significance on sales or more established books that might be selling due to their high customer ratings.

I would then check out similar niches and do it again to see more clearly any emerging patterns.

Uly Sambrano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 15, 2015
Same here. The covers look very old fashioned which would lead the viewer into subconsciously thinking the book is outdated and so of little use (we seem conditioned these days to want the latest version of everything however absurd that may seem).

Personally I would check out the covers of the best sellers on Amazon in my niche and de-construct them. I'd look at what appealing similarities they have. What worked and why. I might discount or give less gravitas to the more famous authors as the cover might have less significance on sales or more established books that might be selling due to their high customer ratings.

I would then check out similar niches and do it again to see more clearly any emerging patterns.
Good tips right here thank you!

Peakdesire

Burning Desire to Succeed
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
None of them will sell your book.

My advice would be to use Canva.com You can create extremely professional looking covers for free. Stock photos there cost $1. So it's $1 per cover.

Of course you could use fiver and get a cover for $5.

MayaMagpie

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 11, 2014
London, UK
I would also suggest a simpler design, especially with less text. People won't read it anyway.
Canva is a great tool, and also picmonkey (only if you already have a stock photo).

Uly Sambrano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 15, 2015
I would also suggest a simpler design, especially with less text. People won't read it anyway.
Canva is a great tool, and also picmonkey (only if you already have a stock photo).
I read a book, called book launch, and in it the guy suggest title lIke that. He also goes on to give alot of other information about people choosing it because of the title. So I thunk ima keep the title on this one since his books have been at the top of Kindle before. This is my first book so I'm def gonna learn from trying but thank you guys for the input I do appreciate it :]

MayaMagpie

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 11, 2014
London, UK
What I meant was not the title, but the lengthy subtitle - It just takes up a lot of space on the cover. I prefer the short version that was posted by Grzegorz. So, slight misunderstanding... I think the subtitle as you wrote it has its place, but rather in the description than on the cover.

Uly Sambrano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 15, 2015
I get what you mean, yea I thought the subtitle was long kinda to. But ima try it out for this book see how it goes then try shorter for the next one I'm planning

Uly Sambrano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 15, 2015
None of them will sell your book.

My advice would be to use Canva.com You can create extremely professional looking covers for free. Stock photos there cost $1. So it's $1 per cover.

Of course you could use fiver and get a cover for $5.
dude i checked out that canva website its bad a$$! thanks for telling me about it

doncruz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 14, 2014
Mexico
None of those covers look decent enough, too dark, I guess. And they do not convey the idea in the title.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.