The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need help finding manufacturer

AlexanderCM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Dec 10, 2013
Colorado
I need to find a manufacturer that can make medical supplements. They need to be able to fill the capsules and bottle them (And possibly label the bottles as well?). If you know of any manufacturers (preferably trustworthy ones) that can do this, or you know where I could find some, that would be super helpful!

I look forward to any input you may have, thanks. ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
How many people have you called?

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky

AlexanderCM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Dec 10, 2013
Colorado

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
I haven't called anyone but I have been surfin' the internet for some. I need to be decently discreet for certain purposes.

Thanks, I'll look into that :)

Depending on what it is you can do this yourself. Im not sure of the quantity but you can get little manual capsule filling machines. Im thinking about doing this to make my own supplements for personal use.

AlexanderCM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Dec 10, 2013
Colorado
Depending on what it is you can do this yourself. Im not sure of the quantity but you can get little manual capsule filling machines. Im thinking about doing this to make my own supplements for personal use.

I definitely thought about that, but I need to be able to make hundreds of bottles worth every month.

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
I definitely thought about that, but I need to be able to make hundreds of bottles worth every month.

Well since you said hundreds it might be cheaper to get a nice little capsule filling machine and do it yourself. Im not sure what the moq's are like on filling pill bottles but they might want something in the thousands. I think there is a list of manufacturers on thomas.net that you can check with though.

AlexanderCM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Dec 10, 2013
Colorado
You're too lazy to Google "private label supplements"?????

I never tried that phrase. But no, I'm not too lazy to google stuff. :meh: Knowledgeable insight and advice is always helpful, which is why I was asking.

McCoyH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jul 28, 2013
Iowa
What type of supplements are you going after? PM me

TopChef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
May 22, 2013
Near San Diego
Well since you said hundreds it might be cheaper to get a nice little capsule filling machine and do it yourself. Im not sure what the moq's are like on filling pill bottles but they might want something in the thousands. I think there is a list of manufacturers on thomas.net that you can check with though.

Its a mistake to try and fill capsules yourself.

On the surface it may seem easy to do, but to do it right you need to bring together a lot of different disciplines, skill, and equipment beyond just the capsule filler. Fall short of this and you can end up doing someone real harm.

Unless you already have experience doing this, you should just go through a professional company.

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013

On the surface it may seem easy to do, but to do it right you need to bring together a lot of different disciplines, skill, and equipment beyond just the capsule filler. Fall short of this and you can end up doing someone real harm.

Unless you already have experience doing this, you should just go through a professional company.

Yeah i would not recommend filing the capsules with something potentially harmful like zinc or caffeine. If it was something like green tea extract or cayenne pepper you would be pretty safe.

AlexanderCM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Dec 10, 2013
Colorado

Yeah i would not recommend filing the capsules with something potentially harmful like zinc or caffeine. If it was something like green tea extract or cayenne pepper you would be pretty safe.

I've never used equipment like that before, but I have the ability to sanitarily fill the capsules myself so that isn't my biggest concern with that.
I'm not filling capsules with some random commoditized 'vitamin' product, I'm filling them with a unique, newly invented, complex formula. (Working on patents)

So accidentally putting something dangerous in the capsules is not my main concern with filling the capsules myself, it's that I don't want to spend more money than I absolutely have to by having to pay for the machines then having to upsize later on to a manufacturer, instead of going straight for the manufacturer.

On second thought...

Another option: I could spend some capital so that I could manufacture the supplements myself and have full control over the manufacturing process. But I would set it up so that I could manufacture the product properly and also be able to mass produce it, as well as other similar products later on.

So I could either save some money and hard work for some good money, or I could follow the commandment of control to the letter and spend some more money and hard work for the possibility of big money...hmm

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
I've never used equipment like that before, but I have the ability to sanitarily fill the capsules myself so that isn't my biggest concern with that.
I'm not filling capsules with some random commoditized 'vitamin' product, I'm filling them with a unique, newly invented, complex formula. (Working on patents)

So accidentally putting something dangerous in the capsules is not my main concern with filling the capsules myself, it's that I don't want to spend more money than I absolutely have to by having to pay for the machines then having to upsize later on to a manufacturer, instead of going straight for the manufacturer.

On second thought...

Another option: I could spend some capital so that I could manufacture the supplements myself and have full control over the manufacturing process. But I would set it up so that I could manufacture the product properly and also be able to mass produce it, as well as other similar products later on.

So I could either save some money and hard work for some good money, or I could follow the commandment of control to the letter and spend some more money and hard work for the possibility of big money...hmm

I was just suggesting you try this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006OQ4316/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

its a little 15$ capsule filler that you fill caps manually with. I bought one a couple days ago, and once it comes in, i will try and let you know how it works out. I just bought it to make my own supps instead of buying them already bottled. I would still look for a manufacturer but if you're still in the start up stage and you are short on cash it might be a little different to pay for an moq of 500k capsules. Plus you can test the waters before jumping right in if you like. So find out what works best for you. best of luck

G

Guest3722A

On second thought...

I noticed you're in Colorado... You're not talking about cannabis oil, are you?

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
I haven't called anyone but I have been surfin' the internet for some. I need to be decently discreet for certain purposes.

Thanks, I'll look into that :)

Hi! Where are you located, I know of plenty of private labeling companies in So Cal

AlexanderCM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Dec 10, 2013
Colorado
I noticed you're in Colorado... You're not talking about cannabis oil, are you?

Nope. Not even close. Like I said: it isn't anything generic. But I see where you were going with that. :D

Hi! Where are you located, I know of plenty of private labeling companies in So Cal

That could be useful, I'm in Colorado. ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.