Hi, guys i recently purchased a domain name and came up with a business plan for a website. I have the design aspects made up, logo, basically all of the development has been thought through just need to be implemented.
I spoke with a developer who has done some excellent proven websites. The initial development for launch is about 150hrs at $15,000. The marketing of the site once development is completed will be $15,000 as well.
Here is my question:
I have a relative who has proposed a 50/50 partner in the company to fund the initial 30k. They bring nothing to the table besides capital. I would not do a 50/50 atleast a 49/50.
Does this seem to high? i was think a 35 percent ownership in the company for them. I would like to leave a remaining 15% for another investor incase the website starts to take off. I will be doing all of the work and managing everything. Am i being greedy? It seems to me that if everything works out i would be doing alot of work for 50 percent and if things catch on ill be dumping more than 30k in marketing anyway after some success. So if you think about it 30k is really not much at all so does 49 percent seem to high to give another person just to fund initial launch?
Thank you very much, appreciate the advice, i want to get working on this ASAP.
I spoke with a developer who has done some excellent proven websites. The initial development for launch is about 150hrs at $15,000. The marketing of the site once development is completed will be $15,000 as well.
Here is my question:
I have a relative who has proposed a 50/50 partner in the company to fund the initial 30k. They bring nothing to the table besides capital. I would not do a 50/50 atleast a 49/50.
Does this seem to high? i was think a 35 percent ownership in the company for them. I would like to leave a remaining 15% for another investor incase the website starts to take off. I will be doing all of the work and managing everything. Am i being greedy? It seems to me that if everything works out i would be doing alot of work for 50 percent and if things catch on ill be dumping more than 30k in marketing anyway after some success. So if you think about it 30k is really not much at all so does 49 percent seem to high to give another person just to fund initial launch?
Thank you very much, appreciate the advice, i want to get working on this ASAP.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
