The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need help changing my life..

Anything related to matters of the mind

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC
I always go through constant phases where I want to be an entrepreneur, get comfy with my 8-5 and then get lazy with starting something. I have come into some funds to invest and I truly feel like I should start now, what are some things i can do to help motivate me to not being lazy? Like I get easily distracted and don't know how to help it.. I want to make a plan but don't know where to start. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I always go through constant phases where I want to be an entrepreneur, get comfy with my 8-5 and then get lazy with starting something. I have come into some funds to invest and I truly feel like I should start now, what are some things i can do to help motivate me to not being lazy? Like I get easily distracted and don't know how to help it.. I want to make a plan but don't know where to start. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

You don't have a strong enough "why". Your why is what keeps you motivated and focused when it is all a grind.

Along the same line... there is not enough pain involved in the status quo to make you determined to change. This all sounds like a good idea but you are not dedicated to it.

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC
I've just deactivated my Facebook and uninstalled all my games off of my computer. That's a start, and I definitely do have a "why" but you're right it may not be strong enough.. I'm in debt right now, living literally paycheck to paycheck and sick of living this slowlane life working for someone. I just started a job where I get to work from home (not being watched all the time so I can listen to podcasts, and have a decent amount of downtime) that's why I thought I am in a decent situation to be able to start, my only issue is actually keeping focused. I don't know how or where or what to start and it's bugging me so much. I've had ideas in the past but I'm always comfortable knowing I can take it slow since I have a job. I don't have enough money to quit my job and be able to live so that's not really an option but I honestly think that would obviously push me a lot harder.

kbrenda

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Oct 23, 2016
Dallas, TX
I've just deactivated my Facebook and uninstalled all my games off of my computer. That's a start, and I definitely do have a "why" but you're right it may not be strong enough.. I'm in debt right now, living literally paycheck to paycheck and sick of living this slowlane life working for someone. I just started a job where I get to work from home (not being watched all the time so I can listen to podcasts, and have a decent amount of downtime) that's why I thought I am in a decent situation to be able to start, my only issue is actually keeping focused. I don't know how or where or what to start and it's bugging me so much. I've had ideas in the past but I'm always comfortable knowing I can take it slow since I have a job. I don't have enough money to quit my job and be able to live so that's not really an option but I honestly think that would obviously push me a lot harder.

I'm in a similar position. I would deactivate mine too but I am in a FB group for the business I am working on but try to avoid my timeline. I've had to install extensions to block sites like instagram b/c i get depressed browsing it lol

I think my WHY is strong but I suffer from severe anxiety which is very limiting in anything I want to do.
Thats awesome that you get to work from home but I can see how that would be distracting. Maybe you can go do your work at a library or coffee shop. I used to do this for my school work b/c I had less things out there to distract me.

Sorry...i don't have the best advice. Just wanted to say I'm in a similar situation :)

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I'm in a similar position. I would deactivate mine too but I am in a FB group for the business I am working on but try to avoid my timeline. I've had to install extensions to block sites like instagram b/c i get depressed browsing it lol

I think my WHY is strong but I suffer from severe anxiety which is very limiting in anything I want to do.
Thats awesome that you get to work from home but I can see how that would be distracting. Maybe you can go do your work at a library or coffee shop. I used to do this for my school work b/c I had less things out there to distract me.

Sorry...i don't have the best advice. Just wanted to say I'm in a similar situation :)

Not trying to belittle your anxiety...If you took action what would be the worst that could happen? If you position yourself to survive the worst then why not take action?

B V Marlon

Connecting Dots
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
Oct 29, 2016
UK
Have you tried meditation or hypnosis for your anxiety? I used to dismiss it all as woo-woo, but it's done wonders for me over the last few weeks. I wouldn't describe myself as having anxiety, but more a fear of failure that I didn't realise I had.

There's loads of free ones on YouTube, here are a couple of channels whose hypnosis/guided meditations I've tried and they've helped:
https://www.youtube.com/user/elliotthenrymartin/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelSealey/videos

Brandon Bunch

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Sep 26, 2016
maybe instead of trying to become an entrepreneur when you have have the funds and ceasing to be one when you run out or get lazy. realize you are an entrepreneur regardless of your bank account. you are always an entrepreneur. if what pays your bills is slowlane it is now your side gig and it is your job as an entrepenuer to make your idea work on what you have or fund it. every part of entrepreneurship isn't fun and exciting you can't quit just bc you are bored you need to make yourself prove to yourself that it won't work b 4 you quit or it simply wont work just bc you are bored. my thoughts atm.

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC
maybe instead of trying to become an entrepreneur when you have have the funds and ceasing to be one when you run out or get lazy. realize you are an entrepreneur regardless of your bank account. you are always an entrepreneur. if what pays your bills is slowlane it is now your side gig and it is your job as an entrepenuer to make your idea work on what you have or fund it. every part of entrepreneurship isn't fun and exciting you can't quit just bc you are bored you need to make yourself prove to yourself that it won't work b 4 you quit or it simply wont work just bc you are bored. my thoughts atm.

This is great to think, or how i interpreted it anyways. I should see my 8-5 as my "side gig" and my entrepreneurial endeavors as my full time. I'm only 21, and I keep telling myself "I've got time, don't have to take it fast" But I think that tactic is keeping me in my safe zone. I'm 21, and I know a lot of people wish they were in my position making 50k/yr working from home and just being my age in general and I think that I should really take advantage of the position that I'm in.

What are some things you'd tell your 21 year old self?

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
This is great to think, or how i interpreted it anyways. I should see my 8-5 as my "side gig" and my entrepreneurial endeavors as my full time. I'm only 21, and I keep telling myself "I've got time, don't have to take it fast" But I think that tactic is keeping me in my safe zone. I'm 21, and I know a lot of people wish they were in my position making 50k/yr working from home and just being my age in general and I think that I should really take advantage of the position that I'm in.

What are some things you'd tell your 21 year old self?
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...9/?q=your+younger+self&o=date&c[title_only]=1

kbrenda

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Oct 23, 2016
Dallas, TX
Have you tried meditation or hypnosis for your anxiety? I used to dismiss it all as woo-woo, but it's done wonders for me over the last few weeks. I wouldn't describe myself as having anxiety, but more a fear of failure that I didn't realise I had.

There's loads of free ones on YouTube, here are a couple of channels whose hypnosis/guided meditations I've tried and they've helped:
https://www.youtube.com/user/elliotthenrymartin/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelSealey/videos

I'll check those out. Thanks! I have tried meditation before but i get distracted easily and didn't last a day or 2 doing it. But I'll give it another try. Tried working out but didn't notice a difference....in the anxiety. I'm taking these natural supplements which I hope will work.

kbrenda

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Oct 23, 2016
Dallas, TX
Not trying to belittle your anxiety...If you took action what would be the worst that could happen? If you position yourself to survive the worst then why not take action?

Really, nothing would happen and I KNOW that. Frustrating part is I KNOW that but when I have a moment of thinking I can do this, my anxiety quickly reminds me why it always wins. I'm trying to work on it though...

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Really, nothing would happen and I KNOW that. Frustrating part is I KNOW that but when I have a moment of thinking I can do this, my anxiety quickly reminds me why it always wins. I'm trying to work on it though...

Well that's not entirely true. Something would happen, there would be a result, positive or negative.

I remember our first rental we bought. My wife and I were all excited, totally emotional. Our first year or so were punctuated by emotional ups and downs depending on how business was going. Now it's mostly numbers and logic.

If you try something, anything, you get a result. If the result is positive try it again. It the result is negative, learn from it and don't repeat it.

Interesting thing is, if you do nothing you still get a result.

I wish you well.

kbrenda

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Oct 23, 2016
Dallas, TX
Well that's not entirely true. Something would happen, there would be a result, positive or negative.

I remember our first rental we bought. My wife and I were all excited, totally emotional. Our first year or so were punctuated by emotional ups and downs depending on how business was going. Now it's mostly numbers and logic.

If you try something, anything, you get a result. If the result is positive try it again. It the result is negative, learn from it and don't repeat it.

Interesting thing is, if you do nothing you still get a result.

I wish you well.

Good point! You reminded me of something Grant Cardone says in the 10X Rule: 4 degrees of actions: do nothing, retreat, take normal level of action, and take massive action.

This week I will be taking steps to do something that my anxiety is saying NO! to but I will keep that in mind... "If you try something, anything, you get a result." By staying away from doing it, I am getting no results, which is something.

Thank you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.