The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need feedback: Web Application that verifies any drug

jemoh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 15, 2017
Nairobi, Kenya
I'm thinking about an idea for a web application & I wanted your advice. Here's what it does:

Users can search, find & verify details of any genuine drug by scanning the barcode, qrcode or verification number through the app. It then gives you instant feedback.

What do you think ? Is it feasible ? Would you buy a product like this ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Locomote

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Feb 10, 2017
Canada
I'm thinking about an idea for a web application & I wanted your advice. Here's what it does:

Users can search, find & verify details of any genuine drug by scanning the barcode, qrcode or verification number through the app. It then gives you instant feedback.

What do you think ? Is it feasible ? Would you buy a product like this ?

I was just talking with my brother about this the other day (brief conversation with second hand information). He has a summer internship lined up with a German tracking and tracing company that is trying to execute this.

The European Union are introducing legislation that all over the counter drugs sold at pharmacies need to be traceable back to their point of origin, batch number, source of ingredients etc, at the point of sale.

Here's the tricky part the company have to develop a unique code that relates back this info (the current barcodes aren't designed to carry this info), print a label, stick it to the box of the supplier and send it on its way. But because its such a large industry the time and cost completely out weigh the benefits at this point in the supply chain when compared to past projects the company have undertaken.

They discovered that there are roughly 4-5 box manufactures globally that provide packaging for to pharmaceutical suppliers and are trying to put a system in place to have the codes printed at the source on the box itself to make the process much more cost effective and eliminating the need to print labels.

--------
Big big money maker if it can be achieved, but sounds like a missive project to undertake.

What details exactly would you be verifying for the customer and what is your execution plan to do this?

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen

what kind of information would they get from this app whats not already described on the packaging or found on google?

jemoh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 15, 2017
Nairobi, Kenya
What details exactly would you be verifying for the customer and what is your execution plan to do this?
I don't have an execution plan just yet. I am trying to validate the idea & see if it is feasible....
From your reply, "looks like having unique code that relates back this info", would be a great start but needs massive capital.....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jemoh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 15, 2017
Nairobi, Kenya
what kind of information would they get from this app whats not already described on the packaging or found on google?
Most drugs have a scratch identification number used to verification. Using this app, you would insert that number & it would tell you if that drug is traceable back to the supplier ( genuine ) or not ( fake )

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.