The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need Direction

calebbschilling

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Apr 25, 2018
Waterloo, IL
Hey everyone. I'm currently stagnant in the sense of where to take my life. I have all these ideas that have potential, but no idea as of where to start. I get mixed signals on the forum about where to start; learning to program/web-design or learning to write copy. I just need some direction and/or even a mentor. I desperately want to get to where I want to be in life, and I'm willing to go the extra mile. I can do whatever I put my mind to. It's just this part (starting) is holding me back. I know that I should be thinking for myself as of where to go, but I need to hear from people who have experience. I know I have a lot of potential to do great things and help a lot of people out there.
Please help!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

adidier17

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 25, 2018
I totally understand you man. I wish I had more knowledge to offer but I only have my empathy to provide. I’m in a very similar position to you as well(i also have been searching for a mentor/direction), and I want to take advantage of the time while i’m still young (18). I have the mindset, the hunger to help others, the work ethic, and the willingness to commit, but it seems to be that understanding where I want to go and committing to a skill/business to learn is an extremely difficult and daunting part of the process. If anyone with more experience with this situation and some wisdom to offer it would be greatly appreciated by me as well as calebb i’m sure.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
What do you want at this moment in your life?

Do you have any other obligations you need to attend to as well?

adidier17

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 25, 2018
Thank you for your response Ninjakid :)

In one word, freedom. Freedom from the monotony of the average life, freedom to live my life the way i desire, and freedom from living an existence of being told what to do by/working for others.

Personally I have an obligation to my parents (they most likely would support my decision of pursuing my goals) and a job I'm willing to quit as soon as a better opportunity arises. I will be graduating high school within a few weeks and I plan on pursuing a degree at my community college in Computer Science and Business. The tuition is being paid for by a scholarship, but i'm most worried about wasting valuable time. I have 3 months of summer where I'll be immersing myself in self-improvement through learning, exercise, and saving more money until I find a business I'm confident in pursuing and investing in. At this moment I would be willing to move countries and do whatever it takes if it means that it will bring me closer to achieving my entrepreneurial goals; my only problem is deciding on the right action that needs to be taken.

calebbschilling

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Apr 25, 2018
Waterloo, IL
What do you want at this moment in your life?

Do you have any other obligations you need to attend to as well?​
In this moment in life I want to start my road to the fastlane. I want that freedom to be wherever I want to be in the world and buy whatever I want to buy without having to think about whether to buy it or not. I want to prove everyone that's doubted me, wrong.
I have a website idea that I think has a lot of potential. But idk whether it's worth it. It's a lot of time to be invested into considering I haven't taken any other action. As of now, it's the only road I have towards the fastlane. So I'm going to pursue it. If it fails, it fails. I'll start another one. Within that time I'll be more experienced than I am now and will be more educated.
I'm headed to a university this fall and I have a part time job at a hospital.​
Those are my only 'obligations' right now in my life. I'm going to the university to expand my knowledge and hopefully meet like minded people with the same goals and ambitions as myself.

calebbschilling

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Apr 25, 2018
Waterloo, IL
Try it. Put all your guts and grit into it, and see what happens. Worst case scenario? You fail.

Yeah you're right. F*** it. I have to start somewhere. Thank you for your reply :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.