The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need A Partner for your Gazillion Dollar Idea?

Idea threads

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Found this website

http://www.partnerup.com

Says "The social network for entrepreneurs"

I haven't joined (yet) so I don't know how valuable it is. It might be worth a look for those who need to partner with resources not within their skillset.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
This PartnerUp site is basically what I was looking for when I stumbled onto this forum.

I joined up, but am always leary of new sites that try to network a whole bunch of people. I've found forums to be a better way of connecting, as there is actual dialog, as opposed to just some job postings on a site.

Anyway, I joined up PartnerUp, and if it works out as intended, I'll say so :)

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
well, I signed up, and spent some time goofing around with it.

It seems to want to be the next LinkedIn, if you are searching for a business idea then it is free and decently easy to use.

People have posted all sorts of ideas and tidbits about new businesses, and are looking for interested parties to connect with.

If you are running a business and searching for a person though, they very much try and push the subscription fee on you. I strongly dislike sites that try and act Free, and then want a fee when you are somewhat involved. Personal thing, but it always seems dishonest....:tdown:

Also, a site like LinkedIn, you know the people you connect with. They are at least friends of friends, but there is some logical way you got there. On a forum, people are self policing as well, they know when to call B.S. at someone.
This site lacks that. It is hard to tell if these are all legitimate ideas (assume so, nothing stood out as

The layout is poor and crowded, again they are trying to cram in a few banner ads that blink and such, which seems unprofessional for a 'professional' site.

The idea is EXCELLENT, that's exactly the type of site I'm trying to find. A place to meet people similarly motivated, to find the *next big thing* or profitable idea nugget.

I'd honestly need to spend a bit more time really getting down deep to give a final verdict, and I don't want to write it off, because it's what I am looking for, but I can't say if PartnerUp is the solution, quite yet, to a professional way to link up with others looking to be movers and shakers in industry.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Westcoast- curious, what exactly are you looking for? Are looking as someone to partner in someone elses idea, or are you looking to build a team for your idea?

I am just curious which perspective your drive is coming from.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
A good question that might shine some light on my response to the site!

I'm looking for a combination. I'd like to lead a small team to grow someone else's idea (not sure what yet). I'm a big believer in getting the right group together first.

So, I try to find ambitious, level headed people willing to work very intensely for a defined period, and either have success, or have learned things and move on.

It's hard to find these type of people who aren't over committed to all sorts of other work.

Normally I would just stay local, but it's harder and harder to cut through the jabber at networking meetings and such. I want to see the vision others have, see what I am looking for, and ask them to come with me. I have chosen my main man, but want a thinker and a financier, and then we roll.

You bring up a good point, which is perhaps I'm being too picky, or looking for too much on the web. I don't get discouraged easily, but this has been more of a hassle than I wanted this time around:)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.