• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Need A Partner for your Gazillion Dollar Idea?

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by MJ DeMarco, Jan 20, 2008.

1. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,776
    Admin Post
    Found this website

http://www.partnerup.com

Says "The social network for entrepreneurs"

I haven't joined (yet) so I don't know how valuable it is. It might be worth a look for those who need to partner with resources not within their skillset.

2. WestCoast

WestCoast Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,789
    This PartnerUp site is basically what I was looking for when I stumbled onto this forum.

I joined up, but am always leary of new sites that try to network a whole bunch of people. I've found forums to be a better way of connecting, as there is actual dialog, as opposed to just some job postings on a site.

Anyway, I joined up PartnerUp, and if it works out as intended, I'll say so :)

3. Luke12321

Luke12321 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $934
    Keep us up to date!

4. WestCoast

WestCoast Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,789
    well, I signed up, and spent some time goofing around with it.

It seems to want to be the next LinkedIn, if you are searching for a business idea then it is free and decently easy to use.

People have posted all sorts of ideas and tidbits about new businesses, and are looking for interested parties to connect with.

If you are running a business and searching for a person though, they very much try and push the subscription fee on you. I strongly dislike sites that try and act Free, and then want a fee when you are somewhat involved. Personal thing, but it always seems dishonest....:tdown:

Also, a site like LinkedIn, you know the people you connect with. They are at least friends of friends, but there is some logical way you got there. On a forum, people are self policing as well, they know when to call B.S. at someone.
    This site lacks that. It is hard to tell if these are all legitimate ideas (assume so, nothing stood out as

The layout is poor and crowded, again they are trying to cram in a few banner ads that blink and such, which seems unprofessional for a 'professional' site.

The idea is EXCELLENT, that's exactly the type of site I'm trying to find. A place to meet people similarly motivated, to find the *next big thing* or profitable idea nugget.

I'd honestly need to spend a bit more time really getting down deep to give a final verdict, and I don't want to write it off, because it's what I am looking for, but I can't say if PartnerUp is the solution, quite yet, to a professional way to link up with others looking to be movers and shakers in industry.

Yankees338 likes this.
  5. kurtyordy

kurtyordy Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $235
    Westcoast- curious, what exactly are you looking for? Are looking as someone to partner in someone elses idea, or are you looking to build a team for your idea?

I am just curious which perspective your drive is coming from.

6. WestCoast

Rep Bank:
    $2,789
    A good question that might shine some light on my response to the site!

I'm looking for a combination. I'd like to lead a small team to grow someone else's idea (not sure what yet). I'm a big believer in getting the right group together first.

So, I try to find ambitious, level headed people willing to work very intensely for a defined period, and either have success, or have learned things and move on.

It's hard to find these type of people who aren't over committed to all sorts of other work.

Normally I would just stay local, but it's harder and harder to cut through the jabber at networking meetings and such. I want to see the vision others have, see what I am looking for, and ask them to come with me. I have chosen my main man, but want a thinker and a financier, and then we roll.

You bring up a good point, which is perhaps I'm being too picky, or looking for too much on the web. I don't get discouraged easily, but this has been more of a hassle than I wanted this time around:)

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.