The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

NASA scientist to Ecomm Girl, completely FREED from slowlane!!!

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Cashflow Queen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
470%
Mar 6, 2018
Long Beach, CA
20+ jobs I’ve had so far, at the tender age of 28 now running an ecomm business with complete freedom! I spend months traveling at a time for fun.

1.5 years ago, was stuck in 9-5 working contracts on the Mars mission for NASA after training a lifetime in academia. It was the dream job, but I felt the chains of servitude big time. So many years of my life at university with top grades and training under famous people led to that. I left it All behind for good. I’m on my way to major wealth now and am happier and more fulfilled than I have ever been in life. It has not been easy.

After I reach complete financial freedom in 12 months, I have plans to be a serial entrepreneur and open many businesses in many areas, including real estate, restaurants, app building, writing books; I’ll probably come back to science as a CEO much later. I will enter the 1% in the next 3 years! My fiancé will also be wealthy in his own way (slowlane but a handsomely paid doctor). So excited for this period of life! Thank you for joining me in the mission.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
So what you’re saying is you’re the next Elon Musk?

Welcome to the forum!

MiamiFastlane

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 1, 2017
Miami
20+ jobs I’ve had so far, at the tender age of 28 now running an ecomm business with complete freedom! I spend months traveling at a time for fun.

1.5 years ago, was stuck in 9-5 working contracts on the Mars mission for NASA after training a lifetime in academia. It was the dream job, but I felt the chains of servitude big time. So many years of my life at university with top grades and training under famous people led to that. I left it All behind for good. I’m on my way to major wealth now and am happier and more fulfilled than I have ever been in life. It has not been easy.

After I reach complete financial freedom in 12 months, I have plans to be a serial entrepreneur and open many businesses in many areas, including real estate, restaurants, app building, writing books; I’ll probably come back to science as a CEO much later. I will enter the 1% in the next 3 years! My fiancé will also be wealthy in his own way (slowlane but a handsomely paid doctor). So excited for this period of life! Thank you for joining me in the mission.

YAS! Living!
Hope you get around to sharing your ecomm journey one day!

Cashflow Queen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
470%
Mar 6, 2018
Long Beach, CA
Wow, very impressive!
As a fellow scientist: do you have any advice on how to make the lane change? How did you do it?

I don’t think of it as quitting but about going off to learn new skills so I can come back to science as a better person who can actually contribute meaningfully. I know I have a large role to play in the science world in the future, and I observed how many decades it would take to become a director or something, and how little impact I still would have then. It was a personal decision that I will be more useful to science as a CEO and innovator than lab rat.

Cashflow Queen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
470%
Mar 6, 2018
Long Beach, CA
So what you’re saying is you’re the next Elon Musk?

Welcome to the forum!

Yes I think Elon Musk is my spirit animal. When I read his biography I felt a connection like finally someone understood me. We’ll probably be friends eventually I think.

4symmetry

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 31, 2018
Munich/Germany
Yes I think Elon Musk is my spirit animal. When I read his biography I felt a connection like finally someone understood me. We’ll probably be friends eventually I think.

Okay, wow, are you trolling or just hugely overconfident? [emoji2]

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Okay, wow, are you trolling or just hugely overconfident?
emoji2.png

She's not overconfident, just confident. There's nothing wrong with having a high image of what you plan to be.

I have plans to be a serial entrepreneur and open many businesses in many areas, including real estate, restaurants, app building, writing books

Great intro post, but make sure you don't get distracted. Being a serial entrepreneur is a lot harder and lower EV than being a great entrepreneur in one vertical.

The areas you mentioned: real estate, restaurants, app building, writing books ... they're completely different and largely unrelated. Chasing success in each of those spaces comes at the opportunity cost of scaling in one space.

A business's growth is commonly shaped as a hockey stick. Opening unrelated businesses that compete for your time extends the amount of time that it takes you to hit ultra high growth.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fsageworks%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F10%2FHSP_Graphic1_11_16-2-1200x659.jpg

Here's a graph.

Yeah, you can have 5 businesses that are at stage 3.

Or you can have one business that's already at stage 5: the exit where you're stupid rich and buying restaurants and real estate for fun rather than to make money.

Cashflow Queen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
470%
Mar 6, 2018
Long Beach, CA
She's not overconfident, just confident. There's nothing wrong with having a high image of what you plan to be.

Great intro post, but make sure you don't get distracted. Being a serial entrepreneur is a lot harder and lower EV than being a great entrepreneur in one vertical.

The areas you mentioned: real estate, restaurants, app building, writing books ... they're completely different and largely unrelated. Chasing success in each of those spaces comes at the opportunity cost of scaling in one space.

A business's growth is commonly shaped as a hockey stick. Opening unrelated businesses that compete for your time extends the amount of time that it takes you to hit ultra high growth.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fsageworks%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F10%2FHSP_Graphic1_11_16-2-1200x659.jpg

Here's a graph.

Yeah, you can have 5 businesses that are at stage 3.

Or you can have one business that's already at stage 5: the exit where you're stupid rich and buying restaurants and real estate for fun rather than to make money.

The plan is to open the restaurants and write the book after being stupid rich, and each one at a time, not all at the same time of course! I don’t plan to make a living from those endeavors at all. Those are passion projects, but I’m planning ahead since I will hit “stupid rich” in a matter of a short 2-3 years. I’m definitely not distracted! I have had ultra success in everything I have ever done and complete all my dreams. I just work... a LOT.

Cashflow Queen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
470%
Mar 6, 2018
Long Beach, CA
Okay, wow, are you trolling or just hugely overconfident? [emoji2]
Why would I be trolling? I thought this forum was supposedly full of people who accept this mentality? And I’m not OVER confident. I have good planning, excellent execution and quite a brain. What isn’t possible?

4symmetry

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 31, 2018
Munich/Germany
Why would I be trolling? I thought this forum was supposedly full of people who accept this mentality? And I’m not OVER confident. I have good planning, excellent execution and quite a brain. What isn’t possible?

It’s not about what’s possible. Rather that you state it as probable that you will be friends with Elon Musk. That you compare yourself to someone who has already reached entrepreneur heaven, works on changing our world and is a household name, while you clearly aren’t yet.
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t believe you can’t do it. I absolutely hope you do.
But it really doesn’t hurt to be a bit humble in the face of uncertainty.
„Be humble. You could be wrong.“

Mr.Brandtastic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Sep 27, 2017
Parents' House
I’ll probably come back to science as a CEO much later.

Definitely update us when you do. Would love to know when it happens. NASA is fascinating stuff. My grandfather worked for them in the 60's as an electrical engineer. He had to work with big rubber gloves extending into a glass case to build parts, because the room had to be completely sterile without human touch.

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
It’s not about what’s possible. Rather that you state it as probable that you will be friends with Elon Musk. That you compare yourself to someone who has already reached entrepreneur heaven, works on changing our world and is a household name, while you clearly aren’t yet.
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t believe you can’t do it. I absolutely hope you do.
But it really doesn’t hurt to be a bit humble in the face of uncertainty.
„Be humble. You could be wrong.“
I absolutely don't see any undue pride or "lack of humility" in her statements, and I honestly don't see anything wrong with her degree of confidence either.

What I see is more of a realistic assessment of her abilities evidenced by her performance so far, combined with an optimistic projection into the future based on her natural abilities, her performance so far and her plans for the future.

She's obviously a high flier, intelligent and a hard worker and a serial performer (from her comments). She's done a lot in academia, worked at NASA (which is something significant for someone in the science field), and built a successful ecommerce business, successful enough to give her financial freedom, all at the age of 28.
And she's projecting that with her abilities, performance so far and plans for the future, she's going to be quite wealthy and possibly, friends with Elon Musk.

I don't see where she compared herself to Musk. Scot asked whether she'll be the next Elon Musk, and she replied that she'd researched him and felt a connection to him, and could possibly be friends with him in future.

I don't get why you think its far fetched that she could be friends with him in future, in this era of social media, LinkedIn and virtual networking, where all it takes could be one tweet or DM and he could check out your profile, be impressed with what you're doing and a connection would be established.

And who says she couldn't be as great or even greater than Elon in the future? She probably has at least 50 years of her life ahead, and with where the world is going, an intelligent tech+business oriented mind could blow up to billions in less than a decade.
If Elon came on this forum 10 years ago and said he believed would be a billionaire and a household name in a decade, you would probably have told him to keep his grandiose delusions to himself.

I think you should keep your implied self-limiting beliefs to yourself rather than dampen her aspirations or insinuating that she's just proud.
Anything is possible in this era for those with abilities who are willing to work crazy hard for it, and will become more and more so in the near future.

Last edited:

TinyOldLady

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

I can't get this response out of my head. It reminds me of how I used to think. Have to get that confidence in my abilities back.
Thank you for this, @Cashflow Queen and all the best for your journey!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

You don't need to answer this unless you feel so inclined. No matter what the context, no matter what the Forum, it's always a rude question. Disclose as much or as little as you want but we will be happy to walk with you along your journey. The specifics of your personal income is really Nobody's Business.

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
The specifics of your personal income is really Nobody's Business.
I used to think it was rude. But then I hear Grant Cardone (worth half a billion) ask this question to every single person he interviews. It cuts through all the b.s. That's why he is getting more and more popular. I could have saved myself thousands of dollars if I started doing this to any random person with a proposition for me

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

HAHAHAHA Totally agreed... Inappropriate question no matter who you are. Please nobody strive to be like Grant Cardone... I love GC, but he's a douche of epic proportions.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

We accept the mentality, but this is CLASSIC excitement from someone that hasn't gotten to the sacrifice yet. I have no doubt you are as sharp as a tack and worlds ahead of a lot of people, but you wait and see... You sound like me 10 years ago. Let me be blunt, it will be a rocky road. Rewarding, but rocky.

Wisdom is knowledge only after the process basically strangles the BS out of you.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJXwjNAwFZ8

Last edited:

memelia

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 25, 2013
great to meet a fellow female entrepreneur! do you have a blog? would be interested to follow your journey :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...