The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

naming my app

julien515

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 19, 2011
Hey guy's

I'm trying to come up with a catchy name for my app. It is a service based app which will make retailing shopping easier for both customers and businesses. I was thinking about calling it "Shopora" but I'm not sure if that is good enough. I also am looking for a logo, if anyone knows a good logo company with affordable prices please let me know.

Also does anyone have any experience with crowd funding, I was hoping to use kickstarter or some other crowd funding site to raise money. Thanks all!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alanchavez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 14, 2012
Brownsville
Don't think too much about it, I'd rather focus on developing the app rather than thinking about the name, if you don't have a product to sell, it doesn't matter if you have the best brand name in the world, it's completely worthless.

A good example of a simple brand name is "Zynga", (creators of Farmville), Zynga was the name of the dog of Zynga's founder, that's also why Zynga's logo is a bulldog, pretty simple.. yet they make millions of dollars a month.

Tarheelfan2009

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Apr 15, 2012
One thing to remember about apps is that about 95% of searches in the app store are based on the functionality of the app. So if you go with something completely original, then you may have trouble being found in the app store.

I've not done any crowd funding projects personally ,but from all cases I've seen with crowd funded apps its vitally important you have an app video or something to prove your app woul be worth investing in.

If you are wanting an app icon design- then 99designs.com is the best I've seen. If you are just referring to a 'logo' then Logo Geeks is probably the best value I've seen.

Future Ed

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Dec 8, 2011
UK
How does your app make it easier to shop? How would a person describe your app to a friend of theirs? Think about the name from a functional point of view; a name that describes what your app does. It is true that people search for app based on the apps functionality. When I'm looking for new apps, I will describe what I want the app to do in the search field rather than what I think it might be called.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.