The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

nameboy.com appraisals credible?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I found a listing while browsing the business section of CL and found an ad for domains. They were all crap but had supposedly nice appraisals on them. I contacted the seller to ask where the appraisals where done and she pointed me to nameboy.com. I found some recommendations over to them via google search so i figured i would dump the 50~ domains i have in there. In total it was almost 180K value for all of them most ranging from 2500-6000 one being 15k. Do those apraisals hold their weight at all. I would like to beleive so just for the fact of getting domains to start acting like the e-real estate they are but... who am I!

Has anyone used them in the past and sold a domain from the valuation or atleast used it as a reference? I understand they are free and you get what you pay for....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
Except for real top of the bill generic domain names, I don't put any value in such appraisals. I had 12 of my domain names appraised by greatdomains.com resulting in values in excess of $5k for each of them. I ended up selling them for amounts between $200 and $1500, which given the fact that I only had them for 2 years, was not bad at all. Two years registration fee (@ $7.95 per year) meant an investment of $15.90. So, even the names that I sold for $200 (which were 5 in total) gave me an annualized ROI of more than 500%.

When I offer domain names for sale I don't use appraisals anymore. I just request offers and follow my gut feeling for judging the fairness of an offer.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.