The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Name Your Own Price - Learn to code bundle

Albert Liao

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 22, 2014
Hi everyone,

Just a heads up: There is a crazy deal going on right now where you basically only have to pay $15 to get access to 826 total lectures, 86 hours of high quality content, that's worth about $893!

Link here: https://stacksocial.com/sales/the-name-your-own-price-learn-to-code-bundle

**This is not a referral link, just really want people to know about this!**

[referral portion of link removed by AllenCrawley]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

You indeed had a referral code embedded in the link. I've removed it.

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
interesting. @ $893 that comes up to $10.40 per lecture hour. @ $15 that comes up to $0.18 per lecture hour. Not bad. I would definitely point some of my employees to the deal (If I had any lol). Hell I'd even pay for it for them too. For now the occasional youtube and google search will do.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This effectively annihilates two of the most used excuses:

"I have no money" and
"I have no skills".

Everyone of us can scrape up $15.

Invest in yourself. Take a few days, weeks, or months, turn off the TV, and learn some new skills that can improve your life forever. $15 might teach you how to build something small, but later turns into greatness. $15 can't buy you anything outsourced at Elance. Worse case? You can find a job making $50K a year. Now that's a "fall-back" that actually includes a net.

NoLackey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jan 1, 2014
Nice f
Hi everyone,

Just a heads up: There is a crazy deal going on right now where you basically only have to pay $15 to get access to 826 total lectures, 86 hours of high quality content, that's worth about $893!

Link here: https://stacksocial.com/sales/the-name-your-own-price-learn-to-code-bundle

[referral portion of link removed by AllenCrawley]

Nice find. Ive decided to go the hire a programmer route but will probably work these in my spare time. Too great of an opportunity to pass up.

Spartan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 3, 2014
Albert, thanks for posting this. Bought it almost immediately considering the amazing deal it was. I have been meaning to get around to coding for a long time. I don't plan to be a coding master, but I want to know enough to understand the logic behind it. Plus I feel that learning coding is almost like proving to myself that I have passed a barrier of entry.

D

Deleted15476

I purchased this bundle along with One Month Rails. Have been on the lectures for 5 hours now. Great content.

rblitz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 11, 2013
Germany
I purchased the bundle too. If there is anyone, stuck at one point following the courses or having trouble adapting the things for his own needs, just drop me a line and I will try to help you out.

Ashta

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 24, 2014
United Kingdom
Oh wow thanks for this :) Bought! Nice to see the money goes to a good cause too. I know what I'll be doing today other than looking for lanyard prices...

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Whelp, between these two courses theres more value for under $100 than I got in 5 years of college. I can throw in 10 business books for another $100 and for $200 any non-college graduate has everything they need to succeed.

No excuses.

Its too bad a stupid piece of paper is so overvalued.

Thoelk

Artificial Psycho
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 18, 2014
Belgium
Whelp, between these two courses theres more value for under $100 than I got in 5 years of college. I can throw in 10 business books for another $100 and for $200 any non-college graduate has everything they need to succeed.

No excuses.

Its too bad a stupid piece of paper is so overvalued.

So true, I'm not really into coding myself but still bought this super cheap deal. And promoted it to my brother who is an IT'er. He told me this is a no-brainer and I had to get it, if I ever want to start understanding (=/= learning) to code..

OMEK

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 7, 2012
Thank you for this! I immediately bought it!

Andrew C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Feb 25, 2014
Central Florida, USA
FANTASTIC DEAL.
I couldn't pass it up.

I taught myself coding a few years ago, and it has literally been life-changing.
To be able to launch your own websites at will for a few bucks each, and manipulate every aspect of it..

There are smart ways to monetize it, and then there are VERY LOW-PAYING WAYS (ask me how I know this lol).

MJ, one of the best things I liked about your book is that you actually ADVOCATE learning website coding so you can build your own sites.

I hadn't heard any of the "gurus" say this, everyone seems to be of the "4 hour workweek" outsourcing mentality.
It has come in handy greatly, even while running my own web development company on mainly outsourced labor.

I think that coding (especially HTML, CSS, wordpress, Javascript) is some of the most VALUABLE skill a person can have today, ESPECIALLY if you have something of real value to sell but the budget is slim.

Thanks for the recommendation everyone!
Gonna brush up on my own coding skills!
:)

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
I hadn't planned on learning code. But a major skill for $15? You'd have to be nuts to not take them up on that offer. It's lifetime access too. Thanks for the link!

funkj25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 5, 2011
I was thinking about passing it up, then the power of social proof got me hooked into looking at it (gotta get some testimonials for my current project) and just purchased it.

Seriously, like MJ says, anyone who wants a 50k fall back plan just needs to learn the skills ($15 and some time) and put them to use (action forward). I'm going to use this to augment or replace my Craig's List Hustle. I've done some coding in the past and have thought about trying to learn more to freelance in it. Didn't know where to start for a really good comprehensive learning experience, now there's no excuse.

People, buy it now. You'll thank yourself in 6 months when you've freed yourself to do this and work on your Fastlane project.

ck4750

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 17, 2014
Missouri
Bought. Killer deal and thanks for pointing it out. I guess this will be next up after copywriting!

Christos

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Jan 21, 2014
Germany
Thanks a lot. One of the best deals with so much power. Great post! Once again you show us that fastliners give to the community without expecting an exchange!

Aimee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 3, 2014
Whilst I do agree this looks good, I think it's definitely worth checking out YouTube for free tutorials, too.
My favourite teacher is Derek Banas - I've used his tutorials to learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP but he does all sorts of stuff. All of his tutorials are free and he's a lovely man, definitely check him out! :)

Schmidty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Jan 19, 2014
Santa Barbara, CA
Sold.

For those that have just started or maybe are deep into the coursework, which lesson did you start with? Is there any particular order that one (who has no experience whatsoever) should go in?

Thanks
-NS

OMEK

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 7, 2012
Sold.

For those that have just started or maybe are deep into the coursework, which lesson did you start with? Is there any particular order that one (who has no experience whatsoever) should go in?

Thanks
-NS

I'd go with "Become a Web Developer from Scratch!"

fuller

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jan 28, 2014
Los Angeles
Sold.

Thanks
-NS

I'd go with the "Build a Website from Scratch with HTML & CSS." The "Become a web developer from scratch" is a great class that covers a wide array of topics, but I found it easier to learn the scripting languages after a solid HTML/CSS foundation. Just my 2 cents

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.