The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

My weight loss journey. Need advice with weight loss goal.

flaster

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Oct 9, 2023
Long story short, I am obese, which is why I am pre-diabetic, my bad cholesterol level is in the warning zone, and my weight problem is inhibiting my body’s ability to absorb Vitamin D.

Because of this, I had to make snap judgments. I spent quite a chunk of money on gym memberships, then I wagered money on Healthywage.com.

The latter choice was not so smart; I read on the internet that they make money off people’s failed wages, and give minimum profit to those who DO WIN. Example, I wagered money on a step challenge, where I must increase my steps by 25%. Sounds easy, right?

Here is the catch, they need data on you, which is at least 10 days of you doing 4000 steps minimum. If they don’t have that data, your goal is 10k steps a day. Add 25% to 10k and you have to make 12,500 steps a day, which is exhausting in and of itself. So I already lost money.

MJ DeMarco stated how important it is to have a good system in order to profit. I can see that now, your system is your foundation, and right now, it is weak with a lot of cracks.

Then again I wagered money on a weight loss challenge, and I am doing much better; I need to lose 10 lbs. and I am almost halfway there…for now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
637%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
You have almost-diabetes because you eat more sugar than a king would have access to in old times.

Your blood sugar is F*cked.

Your body releases insulin to unfuck your blood sugar and it’s so common in your body it doesn’t even want to respond anymore. You live in a constant state of F*cked blood sugar.

You need to fix your diet and here’s how.

Protein is okay.
Fat is okay.
Your carbs should come from beans and legumes.

Go through your house and throw out any candy, chips, ice cream, snacks, bread, buns, sweet yogurt, soda, etc. anything that raises your blood sugar.

Just throw pretty much everything out.

So much crap raises your blood sugar, even dairy.

Go buy a book: (4-hr body by Tim Ferris) and then follow the slow carb diet.

Your new diet will be things like eggs, black beans, spinach, ground turkey, etc. Drink water.

Go to chat gpt and ask for it to make you a slow carb diet meal plan.

Then, give yourself one cheat day every week where you can eat anything you want. Chug cocktails, eat donuts, slam down a whole pizza, deep fried sushi, a whole box of Golden Grahams, and cold stone ice cream.

The goal for the rest of the week should be to conquer hunger. Right now you are addicted to food. Think about how sad that is. Little Timmy can’t go a day without stuffing his face…how embarrassing. The best way to conquer things is shame and embarrassment. I have stopped many bad habits by just being flat out embarrassed to be doing it. Imagine having big goals and being someone people look up to, but you CANT defeat hunger just for a little while….how sad. This thought process will help you put things in perspective and get over hunger.

You don’t need more food. You have months of meals on your tummy. There is no danger of you starving. That’s why it’s there, so let your body work its magic and rely on your standard equipment doomsday food storage (fat) and survive off of that for a while.

Cut out drinking, unfuck your blood sugar, follow a weight training program, cheat day on Saturday or something, and watch the pounds fly off.

If you’re being told to lose weight you should be cutting like 40 lbs not 5-10.

Forget all the wagers and bets.

Aren’t you ashamed of being fat? Does nobody laugh at you? Does nobody make jokes about you? Do all the ladies love you? Do people treat you like you want to be treated? If so, congrats.

You should join something for workouts. You need a gym partner, a running partner, etc. some sort of scheduled thing that you must show up to.

Let’s be realistic, you’re not gonna go to the gym by yourself every day for a year. No chance. You need some sort of appointment.

I meet my buddies at the gym at 6am 4-5 days a week and get roasted if I’m 3 minutes late. That’s what you need. A routine, an appointment. That’s better than betting.

Also, F*ck any advice about a calorie deficit of 500 a day. That’s a tiny margin. Starve your fat a$$ and eat when you’re feeling like passing out. Hang out with a 110lb 20 year old girl and see how she eats. She eats like a bird. You should eat like a bird. You know what sounds like a big breakfast? A single egg. You want a big lunch? Caesar salad. Have a steak for dinner. A few bites should do. Change how you view food. 2 meals a day is plenty. A handful of something is a lot. Eating should be when you are hungry and can truly feel it in your stomach that it’s been a long a$$ time since you had food. Your body needs time to burn its own fat. Only giant, sick F*cks eat appetizers, entrees, AND desserts. Eat just enough to stave off starvation.

Last edited:

Paydette

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 14, 2021
Look up bulletproof coffee....basically coffee with butter.

Go for a walk in the morning then drink bullet proof coffee.

When you get hungry, eat protein and veg. That's it. Salads are great for this...put anything you want in there as long as it is protein and veg. Spinach and bacon salad? Go right ahead. DO NOT USE STORE BOUGHT DRESSINGS. MAKE YOUR OWN USING OLIVE OIL.

Commit to eating the exact same meals every day. The next week, a new set of meals. Most people eat bc they are bored. Bake the boredom into it.

Go for a walk after dinner.

That's it. Eventually your going to have a massive drive to work out. It will come naturally

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.