The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My strange idea

Idea threads

JackWhite

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 17, 2022
Hello everyone! I had an idea a couple of years ago about a concert in space, or rather on the moon. It may sound crazy (many people who heard the idea from me thought so), but I think it's very interesting. Let's say we organize a company that is ready to sponsor a certain group of musicians and their performance on the moon. Firstly, the performance will be under the dome, where there is oxygen and, of course, the opportunity to play). Secondly, there will be equipment that will broadcast sound to Earth, or rather, to television. And some satellite cameras manufacturer will film all this and people will be able to watch live broadcasts from a real performance on the moon! It's incredible. What do you think? I will be glad to your feedback.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
Sounds like a moonshot of an idea, heh.

In 2008, it cost about $10,000 to send 1 lb of material to space. That's about $13k in today's money. I'm not sure if this accounts for the cost of the rocket itself or literally just the fuel.

So we can wager that between all the equipment (+500lbs or more of guitars, drums, microphones, audio processing equipment, etc), cameramen and the band themselves, it could cost anywhere from $15mm to $25mm, just for the basics.

So realistically, between all the unaccounted factors, we can safely assume this kind of thing would probably cost anywhere from $250mm plus, but probably much closer to $2.5b, and I would *have* to think thats on the LOW, LOW end.

Could you recoup $2.5b from this one concert? I don't know... can you get 250 million+ people to give you $10+ to see it performed "live" through a television set?

I don't see this being too realistic, man....

That's not even to mention the cost of building a "dome" as you put it, and to contract "satellite cameras" to film the event...

But hypothetically if you could get enough sponsors and maybe a little help from Elon Musk, well.. we already went there once, right?

...Right?

Last edited:

JackWhite

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 17, 2022
Sounds like a moonshot of an idea, heh.

In 2008, it cost about $10,000 to send 1 lb of material to space. That's about $13k in today's money. I'm not sure if this accounts for the cost of the rocket itself or literally just the fuel.

So we can wager that between all the equipment (+500lbs or more of guitars, drums, microphones, audio processing equipment, etc), cameramen and the band themselves, it could cost anywhere from $15mm to $25mm, just for the basics.

So realistically, between all the unaccounted factors, we can safely assume this kind of thing would probably cost anywhere from $250mm plus, but probably much closer to $2.5b, and I would *have* to think thats on the LOW, LOW end.

Could you recoup $2.5b from this one concert? I don't know... can you get 250 million+ people to give you $10+ to see it performed "live" through a television set?

I don't see this being too realistic, man....

That's not even to mention the cost of building a "dome" as you put it, and to contract "satellite cameras" to film the event...

But hypothetically if you could get enough sponsors and maybe a little help from Elon Musk, well.. we already went there once, right?

...Right?
Hmm, about the sponsors, I think it's more real than it seems. After all, how many strange and unusual things are created, what people invest in, and then it also has a demand.

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
Hmm, about the sponsors, I think it's more real than it seems. After all, how many strange and unusual things are created, what people invest in, and then it also has a demand.
Well, you'd have to be one hell of a salesman to pull that kind of a contract.

Buuut.. dude, if we really went to the moon and I wasn't just NASA and the illuminate hoodleydaddling us... I don't see why it couldn't happen. So go for it man but I don't have any tips for you haha

JackWhite

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 17, 2022
Well, you'd have to be one hell of a salesman to pull that kind of a contract.

Buuut.. dude, if we really went to the moon and I wasn't just NASA and the illuminate hoodleydaddling us... I don't see why it couldn't happen. So go for it man but I don't have any tips for you haha
In any case, thanks for the feedback!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.