The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Story

spotcam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2022
Hey guys, so this is my story of what has brought me to this forum and this new way of life.

Grew up in a middle class household, parents work a lot and don't get paid enough. When I was younger I would hear how they hate work, constantly being told to do well in school to get a higher paying job than what they were able to get. Anyways, I go through life not knowing what I wanted to do as a career, I follow the normal scripted path of going to university. As someone who loves art and media, I found the idea of being an author or director extremely cool but, the adults in my life told me it just wasn't realistic and that I should pursue something in STEM that "guarantees" me a job. So I do Engineering & Design in relation to Media at university, even though I had no F*cking idea what it was, I wasn't thinking for myself and simply doing what others wanted me to do.

I loved my time at university, not because I got a degree or anything, I loved the freedom to move out of home, meet new people and do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I get a graduate job almost straight after graduating a few months ago not knowing much about it... within 10 minutes of starting I know I'm going to F*cking hate it. 12 hour days, underwhelming pay and shitty co-workers lead to my F*ck this event, I quit and really thought "is this it? Is my life going to just be working some shit job with no freedom or autonomy whatsoever like a F*cking slave?" I had already read The Millionaire Fastlane a few months prior to taking that job and I knew what I had to do.

So here I am, I am an entrepreneur, I absolutely adore writing, editing and creating my own mini documentaries on YouTube. I have studied YouTube extensively, the type of videos I make are in very high demand and I have a plan in place to get my videos noticed. I am networking with huge creators and becoming very good friends with them, I am expanding my income streams to Ad revenue, Patreon, Ko-Fi and affiliate links. In the future, once my subscriber count is at large enough I will sell courses that provide as much value as possible, I am going to get sponsorships, I am going to get brand deals and am going to open up my own merch store.

Right now I am on 2,700 subscribers on my main channel and am branching out and starting a podcast with my good friend who has close to 200,000 subscribers himself. I have had to move back to my parents house, leaving my friends and my girlfriend behind (momentarily) due to not being able to afford expenses. Whenever I am not working my part time coffee shop job I am grinding my a$$ off producing value rich content, aimed to entertain, inspire and spark curiosity.

It's not easy, it's extremely lonely and very tiresome but I am doing it for a great reason. I want to make great content, I want the freedom to work with who I want, whenever I want to, wherever I want to. I want to inspire and spark curiosity in others. I want to move back to the city to re-join my girlfriends and close friends. I don't want to answer to shitty bosses who tell me when I can and can't go to Spain for 3 weeks. I want to be able to outsource my research and editing to give me more time to ski in Italy.

I will be posting somewhat regular updates of my progress and strategies, lets F*cking get it unscripted chads.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...