The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My story (Farming to the Fast Lane)

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
Congratulations! Life's biggest blessing :) Enjoy!

Thank you! it is indeed a real blessing! Now the catch is to see how the big daughter (23 months old) will deal with her!

Congratulations!!

Thank you!

Takes a lot of work, but the profits and fruits of success are pretty staggering compared to even tech startups. Eventually marketing can become more creative, by creating mascots and cartoon characters. Take a look at Hello Kitty, I'm not sure if there's even a structured storyline behind the character and yet its merchandising in the form of cafes and such is overwhelming!

Thank you for your input.I want to make it more clean as a marketing strategy. white green black colours and a hind of farming on the label.
Maybe later when my "farm" will be running full time i may create a mascot for the online kids section. Thanks for that!

You may be interested in the documentary of Burt (the guy from Burt's Bees Wax) how he got started and you'll be surprised how he is living his life now.

Below is the documentary.

I have seen his documentary. Currently working on similar recipes on lip balms and hand creams. Also he died last year.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
a while ago(15-Oct-2016) i posted on this thread(Andy Black) : https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/sales-solve-everything.69823
and shared some insight of what i was at that time doing with my ventures. I also wrote the following:

also due to the fact that this book and this forum have made me a more active human beeing, i went down to my basement one night in this week and after almost three years i finally began to take all the stuff i have there and put everything to the correct place.for example all of my tools in one shelve, not all around my basement.
p.s. my wife is amazed by my change. she said that she has not see me do things so activelly never in the past and she likes it.

and now:
right now something wonderful happened and i must share it!
i went down to my basement , the next days after this post of mine, fixed everything up, sourced some nice shelves , a big size freezer and some other stuff. and finally fixed my basement. I even made a small desk for me to chill (not the best location/view but i like it - it gives me strength)
after that my head had one less thing to worry about. i even crossed it from my trello board.
and today my father. the man that cannot say a nice word to me no matter what , came to visit us (100 km away), and after he saw the basement said: Wonderful job! Nicelly done! I cannot believe you did this.

And i felt very very nice with myself.
As i m preparing for my other venture, i said to him. Wait to the end of this month and you will be really amazed by your son!

Thank you MJ ! Thank you MJ ! May you have health for the next 100 years!

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
You may be interested in the documentary of Burt (the guy from Burt's Bees Wax) how he got started and you'll be surprised how he is living his life now.
Thanks for the recommendation. I watched that documentary...what a sad story. The poor man lost the love of his life and untold millions too.

It strongly reinforced the idea that one shouldn't engage friends or family in business. No business partners for me thank you.

Mr. Gray

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Nov 8, 2016
Thanks for the recommendation. I watched that documentary...what a sad story. The poor man lost the love of his life and untold millions too.

It strongly reinforced the idea that one shouldn't engage friends or family in business. No business partners for me thank you.

I remember listening to Joel Salatin (farmer) and if I recall right, he won't take you on as a business partner until you've worked with him for four years at his farm.

I definitely wouldn't let the effects of what happened to Burt stir me away from a business partner. It's just about being aware of what can happen.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

recon187

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Dec 14, 2013
Don't get caught up in the Honey would be my advice, as a avid bee keeper for hobby, You might want to look into raising queens. at $25 a piece raising queens in a nuke. 10 - 15 queens each would be a nice little bump using what you already have. Also Collecting pollen is another money maker. multiple ways to get more money out of each hive. I don't see you getting rich unless you start renting them out also. We rent about 50 hives to the local amish every year to help with the pollination of their vegetable crops. add it all up and you can make a living but not become overly wealthy. when you start renting out like the guys in California do. they send their hives into the almond tree fields by the semi load. Now your making some real money and honey.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.