The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Story (26/Berlin)

jts

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 16, 2018
Berlin
Hi everyone,

Before reading the book, i already collected a lot of doubts about my career ambitions. A few years ago, during undergrad studies in management, my dream was to become a successful strategy consultant, make lots of money, travel the world. Live the fancy life.

Part of this journey, i thought i would have to join one of the elite business schools out there. So for my masters, i took a financial risk and went to one of them. Before attending, i enjoyed life, have been focused, made many work experiences in Consulting, as a Growth Lead for a German startup, interned at SMEs and big corporations, became part of scholarship programs and lived/ worked/ studied/ travelled many countries largely on my own budget or through my own efforts. Although I am still proud of it, it doesnt feel that important anymore. Now, other things matter more. The many people i met in the industry working for these firms seem smart but so adjusted, so homogenous. Among many other reasons (this post shouldnt be too long i guess), i felt so in doubt of this path and were afraid of becoming the "same". I also feared to wake up one day and realise that i just did in life what everyone had expected me to do. Was that really all? I admit it was and is not easy to change sth i ve been working on for a long time now just to realize that behind the curtain it might not be as expected. In fact, the life imagined as such is still desirable but not if it means to sacrifice the own personality while working my a$$ off for someone else. Anyhow..
I came across Unscripted (and hence the forum) through a post in a post in a post on fb, saw an interview with @MJ DeMarco and decided to buy the audio version (it feels like the book wanted to be found by me). It has been eye-opening for me and i also want to thank you for it!

What now?
I changed my life for now, don't consider the big-paid consulting job as my best option anymore but instead joined my mother's business which she built on her own 27 years ago. She raised me on her own and sacrificed a lot in her life to offer me a lot. It feels time now to give back, especially since health started to become an issue.
It now runs well but time and expertise in how to grow the business have been the limiting factors for greater success. I thought: why would i want to join a "prestigious" company when instead i can help my mum succeed with her translation agency?

So yeah, according to "improvement" not necessarily "innovation", i look forward to the next adventure and to gain more experience!
It feels good to be here. :)
Until soon
Jts

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ahrius

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 20, 2018
Great story. Something similar happenend to my mind while reading DeMarcos book. Its time to go another way.

Grüße aus der Nähe von München.

Kade

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 6, 2017
France
Hey Buddy,
Welcome to the forum.

Greetings from a fellow german, Godspeed on the Fastlane.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...