The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My startup needs help

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Really? I had no idea. I'm supposedly using a mobile friendly website but everyone I know uses iOS. Can you send me a screenshot to share with developer
The problem is here

HTML:
<div class="et_pb_slide_content">
<h1 style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: #ffffff;">Get Paid More For Your Totaled Car</span></h1>
<p style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: #ffffff;">Let Us Do The Work</span></p>
<p style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: #ffffff;">And Don&#8217;t Pay Us A Dime Unless We Make You Money</span></p>
<p style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: #ffffff;">(Yes, We&#8217;re Serious)</span></p>
</div>
I would change this text

"Let Us Do The Work

And Don’t Pay Us A Dime Unless We Make You Money

(Yes, We’re Serious)"

to a text rotator. That will fix your mobile problem.
Example: http://rhythm.bestlooker.pro/mp-index-05.html

Liz Be

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
May 23, 2015
Santa Monica, CA
The problem is here

HTML:
<div class="et_pb_slide_content">
<h1 style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: #ffffff;">Get Paid More For Your Totaled Car</span></h1>
<p style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: #ffffff;">Let Us Do The Work</span></p>
<p style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: #ffffff;">And Don&#8217;t Pay Us A Dime Unless We Make You Money</span></p>
<p style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: #ffffff;">(Yes, We&#8217;re Serious)</span></p>
</div>
I would change this text

"Let Us Do The Work

And Don’t Pay Us A Dime Unless We Make You Money

(Yes, We’re Serious)"

to a text rotator. That will fix your mobile problem.
Example: http://rhythm.bestlooker.pro/mp-index-05.html

it just so happened that yesterday, the creators of Wordpress update that screwed up the line spacing in the slider.. it should be all set now. thanks for the heads update though!

GMJimmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 19, 2015
it just so happened that yesterday, the creators of Wordpress update that screwed up the line spacing in the slider.. it should be all set now. thanks for the heads update though!
Looks a lot better now!

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
35332f3ed002c7b2e67ec5e06ad9985e.jpg

Back

2eb48129d6a546244ac48932545dc92a.jpg

Front of the flyer is too wordy in my opinion. Be concise. People's minds are not focused on what you want when you hand this to them. It will be a 'read later if I have time' thing. Even then they'll be going through a lot more in their life than they're used to. I'd also flip the wording a bit to take away the 'cost' concern up front.

Get Paid More for Your Totaled Car.
Don't Pay Us Unless We Make You Money*
Let Us Negotiate for You.
(*...and yes, we're completely serious)

It needs work but I think you get what I'm saying.

The watermark image also doesn't resonate with me. It looks like MJ's book to me.
upload_2015-10-22_11-6-25.jpeg
What about a pile of cars at a wrecking yard waiting to be crushed?

On the Back, I think you need to streamline the "What we do" piece. You have two options there. Don't give customers a choice. Leaving it up to the customer to understand and decide how to handle the relationship with you is a barrier for people to contact you. Think about it. People are already stressed out and having to deal with everything this situation has brought on to them. Make it easy for them. Forget the consulting angle and just offer the full negotiating to help easy their anxiety. Make it simple.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Maybe a wad of cash next to a totalled car, even a smiling person holding the money next to the car could be a good image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liz Be

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
May 23, 2015
Santa Monica, CA
The business is picking up for sure. Much of that has been in terms of people learning about us from towing companies.

But online, I've gotten 560 clicks (all via paid google traffic) and it's only resulted in about 25 emails requesting interest in our services.

Curious if some of you could look at my site www.totalloss.co , put yourself in the position of someone who has just totaled their car, and make some recommendations as to what should be different on the site.

Michael Burgess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I was in an accident this summer that totalled my truck, and from my perspective the first image and text I see aren't very appealing -- it takes up a lot of space and doesn't say much.

Have you considered taking all of the points you have beneath it (eg. time worth more than $800 for a few minutes, you work hard for your money, nothing to lose, less frustration, etc..) and making those a much smaller infographic? It would be nice to see those in a very short list, almost like bullet points. Also, definitely emphasize the fact you help with / do the documents on behalf of your client. It was a pain in the a$$ filling out the crash documents and dealing with the police and insurers.

Finally, while the content in all of your pages make sense - if you work on it, you could probably get all of the content comfortably into a page or two. Might be better to minimize the amount of reading your client has to do, and let them ask you questions if they have them - not attempting to answer them all in advance.

On the plus side, the website does look pretty good and your service seems valuable. Do you also operate in Canada, or just the US? If I'm ever in an accident again...

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
The business is picking up for sure. Much of that has been in terms of people learning about us from towing companies.

But online, I've gotten 560 clicks (all via paid google traffic) and it's only resulted in about 25 emails requesting interest in our services.

Curious if some of you could look at my site www.totalloss.co , put yourself in the position of someone who has just totaled their car, and make some recommendations as to what should be different on the site.

It may have more to do with the keywords you are bidding on.

If I totaled my car, I don't think I would be going to Google to search. I'd be calling my insurance company. That's just me and it could be that I'm not your target demo either.

Have you tried FB? Maybe there is a way to target people who have posted pics of their totaled cars even if you have to hunt them down via search.

I think it's a good product, but I don't feel like Google PPC is the way to go.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I would do a "Better Call Saul"-style video, a bit more serious but still kinda funny, and advertise it on fb/youtube. Make its good so it goes viral.

You can also do Google display ads instead of just search for building awareness. There are always reports in local newspapers about crashes. Your ad should be next to the picture of the wrecked car...

BrianPM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Oct 9, 2013
Cleveland, OH
"Who has already acquired my customer, but is not in direct competition with me? What incentive can I give them to refer the customer to me?"

Excellent way to network. Other complimentary individuals in the same industry

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.