A
Anon34885
Guest
Even though I've just joined, I reckon now's a better time than ever to put my plan into writing.
I've never written any kind of concise and structured 'plan', so to speak, for anything. I just do things.
But I figured this'd be a great way for me to kind of map out where I want to go.
So, without further ado, and without giving too much away:
My last class is on Monday, and then I have around 3 weeks to study for my university exams.
Following my last exam, which is in early November, I have a 4 month break til classes start next year.
During this time, I'm going to be making some money on websites like 'fiverr' and 'odesk' (Not really sure which one to choose, as there are numerous websites like this. Suggestions?)
I'm a pretty decent writer, and have a few other skills that I could put to good use.
Of course, I'm not afraid of acquiring new skills either, so if I think I could make money by learning a new skill and offering it, I'd be more than happy to do that.
This way, I could provide people with a service for a reasonable price,make a pretty penny or two, and build up a portfolio of sorts if I ever want to do some 'real' freelancing.
I'm pretty certain I can start making money this way once my exams are over, unless I've sorely underestimated the difficulty of doing this.
While I'm doing this, I'm going to be coming up with business ideas that I'll be able to implement next year.
There was a comment in a thread on this forum about the book 'Choose yourself' by James Altucher.
I haven't read the book, but supposedly he says something about thinking up 10 ideas for a business every day. I think that's pretty cool, so that's exactly what I'm going to do.
I'll jot down 10 ideas every single day; good ones and bad ones.
Once I've filled up this little notebook I have, I'm going to look back at all of my ideas, find the ones that I think are the best, and expand on them.
I'm estimating by around march next year, I'll have developed one of these ideas enough to be able to act on it.
I'm aware that this isn't the best of plans, but it's better than what I've been doing up until this point, which is nothing at all.
So that's that.
I'll probably update this in December.
Thoughts?
I've never written any kind of concise and structured 'plan', so to speak, for anything. I just do things.
But I figured this'd be a great way for me to kind of map out where I want to go.
So, without further ado, and without giving too much away:
My last class is on Monday, and then I have around 3 weeks to study for my university exams.
Following my last exam, which is in early November, I have a 4 month break til classes start next year.
During this time, I'm going to be making some money on websites like 'fiverr' and 'odesk' (Not really sure which one to choose, as there are numerous websites like this. Suggestions?)
I'm a pretty decent writer, and have a few other skills that I could put to good use.
Of course, I'm not afraid of acquiring new skills either, so if I think I could make money by learning a new skill and offering it, I'd be more than happy to do that.
This way, I could provide people with a service for a reasonable price,make a pretty penny or two, and build up a portfolio of sorts if I ever want to do some 'real' freelancing.
I'm pretty certain I can start making money this way once my exams are over, unless I've sorely underestimated the difficulty of doing this.
While I'm doing this, I'm going to be coming up with business ideas that I'll be able to implement next year.
There was a comment in a thread on this forum about the book 'Choose yourself' by James Altucher.
I haven't read the book, but supposedly he says something about thinking up 10 ideas for a business every day. I think that's pretty cool, so that's exactly what I'm going to do.
I'll jot down 10 ideas every single day; good ones and bad ones.
Once I've filled up this little notebook I have, I'm going to look back at all of my ideas, find the ones that I think are the best, and expand on them.
I'm estimating by around march next year, I'll have developed one of these ideas enough to be able to act on it.
I'm aware that this isn't the best of plans, but it's better than what I've been doing up until this point, which is nothing at all.
So that's that.
I'll probably update this in December.
Thoughts?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
