The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My perspective is finally open now all I see is pain!

premeddc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 15, 2010
Hello, all
My name is Sterlin Walker, I actually came to this site about seven months ago and consumed every article like a sponge. In the end, I decided that it wasn't time to give my two cents quite yet. Kudos by the way to the author,those articles were very well written.

Well anyway, to give you a little info about myself. It was about a year ago that I was fired from my job. Long story short, management and myself didn't get along very well.

Now, I realize it took getting fired for me to come to the conclusion that being an employee was never in my chemical makeup and definitely wasn't the way to massive wealth. Which Im sure everyone here feels the same way.

During the months of being unemployed, I constantly looked for a job. The only problem was, the only jobs calling me back were those horrible companies wanting money up front, or conning you into purchasing what the were selling for you to get on board (fortunately for me, I had no money. Otherwise, I would have been broke from all the promises of getting rich).

Months and months went by with these horrible call backs. But, on one particular day, this company called me and explained that they were doing some thing like "The Secret". I had seen "The Secret" on the shelves at my local library every time I went to take out books and movies. Which for me, was like every day lol. I finally decided to bite the bullet and pick it up. Lets just say, that was the only movie I watched for the next two months. From the time I woke up, till the time I went to bed.

After watching "The Secret", my curiosity peaked, and I started reading every thing I could get my hands on. It got sooo good :), that I would take the maximum amount of books out at a time. Consuming them like being found on a deserted island, having my first drink of clean water in weeks.

I have read all the classics. Russell Cromwell, Napoleon Hill, Wallace D. Wattles, to Bob Proctor, etc. Every book on New Thought I could find, I read it.

Well, I decided one day to take Out this book, "Why We Want You To Be Rich" by Donald Trump and this guy I never heard of, Robert Kiyosaki. I couldn't help but wonder, who this Robert Kiyosaki character was, and what he was all about. Well, funny thing is, I absolutley hated the book the first time I read it. I thought the guy was a complete imbecile. He couldn't write and I was wasting my time LMFAO. Well in the end, I ate those words with a massive slice of humble pie.

After doing some better research, I found the Holy Grail of all entrepreneur books. Yup, thats right, you guessed it, "Rich Dad Poor Dad" from there it was as if the Red Sea had parted and I was being lead to the promise land. I haven't been the same since.

Currently, I'm reading a lot of Deepak Chopra. Now let me tell you, if you haven't heard of Deepak, your in for a whole new realm when it comes to thought process. I feel now that my perception is so massive, (compared to the average person not on a wealth building mission as we all are) that I begin to get lonely. Not having anyone who could sit and talk all day about business and betterment of self.

Thats what brings me to this site now. I finally realize why rich people want to stay secluded from the masses. I realize that being rich has very little to do with money, and has everything to do with your thought process and your take on life. As Bob Proctor would say, your thought vibrations.

I hope my post doesn't come off in a negative way. All I hope for is to find many like minded people as myself. Who want nothing more then to be truly happy in every faucet off life. If your out there all you have to say is, Cheers To the Good LIFE.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Welcome to the fastlane. If you have been reading and absorbing all those books about personal development and wealth, then why is it that all you see is pain? I thought those books talked about focusing on abundance and getting away from the negative. Please clarify.:cheers:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Sterlin and thanks for the great intro... I'm not sure why your account had problems earlier. Welcome!

x9vjzs098u123rnl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 23, 2009
USA
I'm not sure in what self-improvement program i've heard this (i've gone through a lot of them), but somebody said that once you START doing those exercises and realizations, things in your life may seem worse, but that's only because you're actually opening up your eyes and getting back in touch with yourself. Just continue to work at it.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
wow, nice intro. I assume then your comment about pain is in reference to the fact that this could be a very lonely path?

premeddc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 15, 2010
First of all, I would like to tell everyone thank you for your reply's. It's nice to be able to speak with highly successful people who love to talk about business. I think I was starting to crack up a little bit LOL.

The real problem I think, is the people that I care about most are destined for lives of indentured servitude. It just boggles my mind how anyone would want that. I mean sure, I know their just addicted to their current circumstances. But to me, it's just insanity.

Yes Andviv, at first I thought it was going to be a lonely path, but now, I believe I was lead to this site for a reason. Besides, I know once they see how successful I am, they will start lining up.

Right now faq88 I'm working with direct mail. Trying to get may first venture off the ground. "Gotta get that copywriting thing down first." Shouldn't be that hard though.

I really hope to indulge in all of the above. I want to be a well rounded Business Man.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Glad you came back and replied.

I wish you well on your journey. Don't count on your relatives lining up after you show them success. You will need to count on being called lucky or somehow you had an inside edge or you cheated. Most of us have heard those words hurled our way a few times.

Keep hanging around and posting. It's good to get new blood and opinions in here.:cheers:

Bobo

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 25, 2008
You will need to count on being called lucky or somehow you had an inside edge or you cheated. Most of us have heard those words hurled our way a few times.
LOL, ...and some of us get cranky when we hear that crap.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...