The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Path to Trading Business

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
really goood insight about the stock market
i trade FX, Crypto, Index, Metals and Energy and i'm soon moving to Stocks and ETF

i use a strategy base on trend following, a system with solid Money Managements rules

1st question is: What are you rule for Money Management and Risk Allocation in your trading strategy
2nd question: Can you give us insights about trading business
3rd question: how can you protect yourself when trading Other people money, what are the best legal form for your company, and who you should hire as your staff, some people hire trader with a profitable track record to give them money, and some hire Programmers and Scientistic to have a Quant approach

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Martzee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 6, 2020
Denver, Colorado, United States
really goood insight about the stock market
i trade FX, Crypto, Index, Metals and Energy and i'm soon moving to Stocks and ETF

i use a strategy base on trend following, a system with solid Money Managements rules

1st question is: What are you rule for Money Management and Risk Allocation in your trading strategy
2nd question: Can you give us insights about trading business
3rd question: how can you protect yourself when trading Other people money, what are the best legal form for your company, and who you should hire as your staff, some people hire trader with a profitable track record to give them money, and some hire Programmers and Scientistic to have a Quant approach

Answer 1)
I have Cash management rules described here: Cash Management | Hello Suckers ... Unfortunately, last year when the market was rallying like crazy I broke the rules and went 100% invested. This year, that greed is hunting me down. But I am able to manage those trades and wind them down without losses. But it is really giving me a hard time and sometimes I feel like I want to give up.
My strategy is pretty much simple: accumulate dividend-paying stocks and sell options around those stocks to generate additional income on top of the dividends. Plus I trade naked options as well. Then I use the income and reinvest it. The goal is to generate enough income to go full-time (I am still in the accumulation phase). My options trading is already generating $8k to $10k monthly income but I am reinvesting it still because it is still all the account brings in and there are no reserves. If I stop trading, there will be no income (the dividends bring in only $500 a month, so that is not enough).
This year would be a "go back to work" year if I decided to retire from the 9-5 rat race and live off of the trading only because although I made about $35k in options this year, I cannot take that cash out due to depressed margin requirements. That means I would have no income.
So I was thinking about how to overcome the hurdles of bear markets to still secure an income when I will not be able to take money out. I remembered once I read a blog post from a guy who decided to retire or start his own business when he quit his job with a severance equal to 5 years of his salary. This was my answer to my question. So I found a cash equivalent fund (that pays about 1% dividend yield but holds value - during this bear market it lost only 0.4%) and I plan on saving at least one year of my salary in this fund. I started last year, but then I thought it was a waste of cash making nothing, so I liquidated the position and reinvested it. Today, I am kicking my a$$ for it and I restarted to rebuild that cash reserve. Once this bear market is over, I should be able to rebuild the cash reserves within a year and then dip my toes into semi-retirement (meaning just trading for a living but still keeping my job before I get confident that I can make it).
If everything goes to plan, I expect to go full trading in 5 years.

Answer 2)
Not sure what you are looking for but I trade as a business for several reasons. One reason is that when I switch from 9-5 to full-time trading, I still want to keep the routine of having a regular job. That will also help in qualifying for a TTS status with the IRS. As a person (sole proprietor) you will get challenged. As a business, it will be less likely to get challenged by IRS. And the TTS brings in a whole plethora of tax advantages that you will not get as an investor. The second reason is the tax advantages you get as a business compared to a sole proprietor already (even without a TTS).
Then I write a blog about investing, do the research, etc. At some point, I want to start hiring people to help with it. I also have planned what to do next when the trading is more on autopilot, like charitable work - again, I once read a blog from a trader who started a college grants program and he grants tuition every year to students fully financed from his trading. It may sound foolish to some people, but it is something I want to do as well. Other plans are to invest in housing programs, healthcare programs, etc. Not there yet, but hopefully heading in that direction. And of course, my goal will be buying more shares of the companies - pretty much crate a "Berkshire Hathaway" holding.

Answer 3)
I think I answered some of the questions above but, I do not trade other people's money. Only money of my own and our members. And the members are aware of the risk and trading style I use. As of today, I use a multimember LLC (S-corp) but may eventually switch to C-corp in the future. I am not yet in the process of hiring people, so I do not have answers to that. Maybe five to 10 years down the road I might start hiring staff. But as of now, I need to be able to sustain myself and the members who plan on retiring using their investments (once we start distributions).

Hope this answered your questions.

loic milne17

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 9, 2022
My option
Answer 1)
I have Cash management rules described here: Cash Management | Hello Suckers ... Unfortunately, last year when the market was rallying like crazy I broke the rules and went 100% invested. This year, that greed is hunting me down. But I am able to manage those trades and wind them down without losses. But it is really giving me a hard time and sometimes I feel like I want to give up.
My strategy is pretty much simple: accumulate dividend-paying stocks and sell options around those stocks to generate additional income on top of the dividends. Plus I trade naked options as well. Then I use the income and reinvest it. The goal is to generate enough income to go full-time (I am still in the accumulation phase). My options trading is already generating $8k to $10k monthly income but I am reinvesting it still because it is still all the account brings in and there are no reserves. If I stop trading, there will be no income (the dividends bring in only $500 a month, so that is not enough).
This year would be a "go back to work" year if I decided to retire from the 9-5 rat race and live off of the trading only because although I made about $35k in options this year, I cannot take that cash out due to depressed margin requirements. That means I would have no income.
So I was thinking about how to overcome the hurdles of bear markets to still secure an income when I will not be able to take money out. I remembered once I read a blog post from a guy who decided to retire or start his own business when he quit his job with a severance equal to 5 years of his salary. This was my answer to my question. So I found a cash equivalent fund (that pays about 1% dividend yield but holds value - during this bear market it lost only 0.4%) and I plan on saving at least one year of my salary in this fund. I started last year, but then I thought it was a waste of cash making nothing, so I liquidated the position and reinvested it. Today, I am kicking my a$$ for it and I restarted to rebuild that cash reserve. Once this bear market is over, I should be able to rebuild the cash reserves within a year and then dip my toes into semi-retirement (meaning just trading for a living but still keeping my job before I get confident that I can make it).

Answer 2)
Not sure what you are looking for but I trade as a business for several reasons. One reason is that when I switch from 9-5 to full-time trading, I still want to keep the routine of having a regular job. That will also help in qualifying for a TTS status with the IRS. As a person (sole proprietor) you will get challenged. As a business, it will be less likely to get challenged by IRS. And the TTS brings in a whole plethora of tax advantages that you will not get as an investor. The second reason is the tax advantages you get as a business compared to a sole proprietor already (even without a TTS).
Then I write a blog about investing, do the research, etc. At some point, I want to start hiring people to help with it. I also have planned what to do next when the trading is more on autopilot, like charitable work - again, I once read a blog from a trader who started a college grants program and he grants tuition every year to students fully financed from his trading. It may sound foolish to some people, but it is something I want to do as well. Other plans are to invest in housing programs, healthcare programs, etc. Not there yet, but hopefully heading in that direction. And of course, my goal will be buying more shares of the companies - pretty much crate a "Berkshire Hathaway" holding.

Answer 3)
I think I answered some of the questions above but, I do not trade other people's money. Only money of my own and our members. And the members are aware of the risk and trading style I use. As of today, I use a multimember LLC (S-corp) but may eventually switch to C-corp in the future. I am not yet in the process of hiring people, so I do not have answers to that. Maybe five to 10 years down the road I might start hiring staff. But as of now, I need to be able to sustain myself and the members who plan on retiring using their investments (once we start distributions).

Hope this answered your questions.
Hi , do you sell those options on futures as well ?

andrea532

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 14, 2020
Italy
Answer 1)

Answer 2)

Answer 3)
Penso di aver risposto ad alcune delle domande di cui sopra, ma non scambio denaro di altre persone. Solo soldi miei e dei nostri membri. E i membri sono consapevoli del rischio e dello stile di trading che utilizzo. Ad oggi, utilizzo una multimember LLC (S-corp) ma potrei eventualmente passare a C-corp in futuro. Non sono ancora in procinto di assumere persone, quindi non ho risposte a questo. Forse tra cinque o dieci anni potrei iniziare ad assumere personale. Ma fin d'ora, devo essere in grado di sostenere me stesso e i membri che intendono ritirarsi utilizzando i loro investimenti (una volta avviate le distribuzioni).

Spero che questo abbia risposto alle tue domande.
Hi, I saw your posts and wanted to know if there are any updates
I think it's a great strategy to create income

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.