The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My new website!! www.BdayDeal.com

lu liu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Apr 21, 2008
California
Hi guys!

www.BdayDeal.com

Well, after many months of hard work, I finally got my new website up and running. This site will help many companies to promote their businesses toward the birthday group. Businesses can post a discount or free deal which they offer for birthday occasions. By using this marketing technique, it will help them traffic more customers to their businesses.

To better understand my website, you can read "Business with Us" located on the bottom of the website, or go to http://bdaydeal.com/BusinessWithUs.asp

*We're still fixing some minor bugs here and there, use Internet Explore for best view

Let me know what you guys think of the site! GOGO FASTLANEEEER:fastlane:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Re: My new website!! check it out

Non techie here, I liked it. Good luck.:cheers:

Antw

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 29, 2008
Los Angeles, CA

I may be a little slow or something but what exactly do you guys do ? I'm not understanding I am really interested. Website looks really nice.

howard_two

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Apr 16, 2008

Hi guys!

www.BdayDeal.com

Well, after many months of hard work, I finally got my new website up and running. This site will help many companies to promote their businesses toward the birthday group. Businesses can post a discount or free deal which they offer for birthday occasions. By using this marketing technique, it will help them traffic more customers to their businesses.

To better understand my website, you can read "Business with Us" located on the bottom of the website, or go to http://bdaydeal.com/BusinessWithUs.asp

*We're still fixing some minor bugs here and there, use Internet Explore for best view

Let me know what you guys think of the site! GOGO FASTLANEEEER:fastlane:

Good job man on completing the project. I remember you.:eusa_clap:

Did you build it yourself?
How many members are in your company?
I remember you had an Asian chick on the coming soon page? Where did you get the pictures from?

lu liu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Apr 21, 2008
California

Hey Antw,

The site has 2 interfaces
1. Birthdays
2. Businesses

Birthdays:
Say your birthday is coming up, you can surf the site for all the free things you can do on your birthday or at a discounted price.

Business:
By offering freebies and discounts to birthdays, this is a very attractive way to bring in new customers, and promote your business to them.

I hope this can give you an overall idea of the site. =)

lu liu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Apr 21, 2008
California

thanks Howard

No I did not build it myself, I have a IT team. We have 2 main members in the company, my partner and I.

I'm not sure which picture are you talking about, I have few coming soon pictures. we had a photographer

howard_two

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Apr 16, 2008

thanks Howard

No I did not build it myself, I have a IT team. We have 2 main members in the company, my partner and I.

I'm not sure which picture are you talking about, I have few coming soon pictures. we had a photographer

Cool Lu, I like that.

I was talking about the pictures on your homepage. They truly look professional. I bet they cost you some money.

Antw

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 29, 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Thank you for clearing that up for me I fully understand now. This is a really good idea.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I love it! Very Fastlane!!!

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007

Amazing idea for a site! No more parking for you my friend! rep++

Jakko

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 2, 2007
Awesome site, Lu! Rep!!

Question -

For those companies and restaurants that are already offering coupons on your website, did you charge them to advertise on your site from the get-go or did you make a deal with them or even offer them free advertisement initially so that you have some stuff from the beginning to browse through for people that view your website?

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina

lu liu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Apr 21, 2008
California
We offer few free trials to some of the invited companies to get the name out there. We also have some articles coming up for press release, to help us with publicity. Hopefully this can help us drive some traffic to the site.

The site was down yesterday due to the data center adding new power generators, but I will be sure to check you out when we are looking for a new server hosting

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
great site man. rep++for sharing. great idea, clean design. very cool.

there are zip codes where you show no results. i recommend some type of lead capture in those instances so you don't lose them entirely. if you're getting a lot of hits, it will be an easy sell to additional vendors who want to promote their businesses. just my two cents.

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
You have a couple of bugs you need to fix. The maps showing the locations do not work sometimes. You also have a runtime error when searching some zip codes, including 89109 where you have advertisers.

Good luck. :)

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
Same problem here, i have tried to check it out a few times in the last 24 hours but cant get it to open. :(

Great idea by the way! :)

D

DeletedUser394

Yup, it works now. Very cool concept and I love how easy it is to navigate the site!

lu liu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Apr 21, 2008
California
I installed the Google Analytics couple days ago and I notice that the avg. time viewers spend on "Business With Us" page is less than 3 minutes. Therefore, I made a new diagram to demonstrate and simply Bdaydeal's business concept.

here is the new diagram: http://bdaydeal.com/BusinessWithUs.asp

Hopefully this can give viewers a quicker understanding of www.Bdaydeal.com

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
You still have the bugs I was telling you about.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.