The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My new blog

Exodia

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 20, 2007
Hello every one. Me and a group of my friends decided to create a blog for College start up. I present to you collegemogul.com where we talk about internet start up and blog about them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
ummm shouldn't it be collegemogul.com, or was that intentional. mugul is the estonian word for tuber or potato

carlhuber

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 31, 2008
NY
Nice clean layout - the logo needs some work, though. It's simple and has a nice mark, but it's maybe a little too simple. Plus the "CM" is off center in the box, and as a graphic designer it's driving me crazy.

But I dig the cleanness of the layout. I wonder if there's a more obvious way to display the categories. Color coded icons, perhaps?

carlhuber

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 31, 2008
NY
I was thinking about your site some more throughout my day, Exodia - the comment I made about the category icons kept resonating with me. If there's any way you can make that happen I think it would really be great. College students love (buzzword warning) easily digestible information. If you could narrow your posts down to a certain handful of categories and develop an easily recognizable set of icons for them, it would make viewer interaction much quicker and "easily digestible"...

Things like "startups" "resources" "videos" - might be very useful. Of course the problem would be how to show when they overlap. Do you have several icons, or just pick the most prevalent?

Sorry for rambling, I'm just thinking aloud :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.