The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My little Forex thread

cmartin371

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Apr 14, 2008
Nashua, NH
Nice work always! Sounds like you made some strides on the MM side of things and tackled the greed factor as well! Keep it up and remember that keeping your money is as important as making the money. Stick to your rules and you will be fine!

PS....good to see you trading naked! Price is all you need.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

g-dogg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 24, 2008
Good job, im glad to see that you kept your DD under 10%. I like the fact that you are fine tuning your Money Management its really the key to successful trading! good luck, and if you need anything or just want to talk positions feel free to pm me :D
btw the no brainer trades blog looks pretty useful i would look more into it.

Andrew

FxInvestor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 7, 2008
Mumbai, India
Hey good job on the trading. I personally like to trade with only S/R and trendlines. It works for many reasons. Getting 100-150 pips on good days can be normal. Sometimes, even 40pips is good. I never take more than 2 trades per day and keep SL to 40Pips.
Entry is just half the battle won. The KEYS to the magic kingdom is Moneymanagement. Mostly GBP/USD is my fav currency as its volatile.

AlwaysCurious

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jan 16, 2008
GMT +1
Update after 100 days of live trading, now with weekly data:

20081229ju0.jpg

Looks quite boring, but believe me, it is very exciting. Well, at least for me :smxF:

As you can see, I missed all of my goals, even the minimal one. The last weeks I didn't have enough time to trade seriously, but none the less, I am still near my starting point. Only 5 out of 15 weeks were within target. Biggest weekly loss has been 10.24%, biggest gain 10.19%.

Still I don't want to change my goals. I keep up my optimism due to the fact, that even though I am a complete unexperienced trader in an extreme difficult market situation, I am not amongst the 95% losers in this game. Always look at the bright side of life, eh?

cmartin371

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Apr 14, 2008
Nashua, NH
Update after 100 days of live trading, now with weekly data:

20081229ju0.jpg

Looks quite boring, but believe me, it is very exciting. Well, at least for me :smxF:

As you can see, I missed all of my goals, even the minimal one. The last weeks I didn't have enough time to trade seriously, but none the less, I am still near my starting point. Only 5 out of 15 weeks were within target. Biggest weekly loss has been 10.24%, biggest gain 10.19%.

Still I don't want to change my goals. I keep up my optimism due to the fact, that even though I am a complete unexperienced trader in an extreme difficult market situation, I am not amongst the 95% losers in this game. Always look at the bright side of life, eh?

100 days....lesson learned? How to keep your money! Good job!

AlwaysCurious

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jan 16, 2008
GMT +1
It is quite embarrassing for me, but I have to admit, that I failed at Forex so far. Now my live account is down by 30% leaving me a little startled because my personal feeling tells me that I learned a lot about it in the last months. But the outcome is not very promising so far.

But heads up, I am already working on the lessons learned, which I will post later. A thorough analysis takes a lot of time. In the meantime I tossed over all indicators and concentrate only on price action. The next and considerably harder issue on my to do list is to document my trades in more detail, about the set-up, estimated exits, and so on. As a side effect I expect to trade less but more quality set-ups.

I'll keep posting. 70% of my play money is still available...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.