My mother hates this story, but I think it relays a funny lesson: (this is a true story!)
When I was young one Christmas, I hid behind the tree all night until I fell asleep. Of course , I was trying to catch Santa Claus red handed! I awoke right before dawn on Christmas to find all of the presents under the tree. Disappointed in not catching Santa Claus, I made my way to the gifts. There I saw the Lamborghini! A police car decorated remote control Lamborghini Countach. In those days remote controlled meant clicking one button to redirect it before it hit a wall. I was overjoyed playing with it for three hours before everyone woke up. After we all gathered around the living room my mother began to hand out gifts. I tried to contain all my excitement when she grabbed the Lamborghini. My gut sank to the floor after watching her hand it to my brother. I quickly tore open my gift to find a stuffed Garfield animal. Santa Claus hated me!
When I was young one Christmas, I hid behind the tree all night until I fell asleep. Of course , I was trying to catch Santa Claus red handed! I awoke right before dawn on Christmas to find all of the presents under the tree. Disappointed in not catching Santa Claus, I made my way to the gifts. There I saw the Lamborghini! A police car decorated remote control Lamborghini Countach. In those days remote controlled meant clicking one button to redirect it before it hit a wall. I was overjoyed playing with it for three hours before everyone woke up. After we all gathered around the living room my mother began to hand out gifts. I tried to contain all my excitement when she grabbed the Lamborghini. My gut sank to the floor after watching her hand it to my brother. I quickly tore open my gift to find a stuffed Garfield animal. Santa Claus hated me!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
