The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I WANT A LAMBORGHINI (Just kidding)

Ian Metzger

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
367%
Aug 28, 2020
Victoria, BC, Canada.
Hey @MJ DeMarco & Co.,

It's a great pleasure to be here, thank you for having me!

I just finished "The Millionaire Fastlane " and all I can say is "Holy Shit!" because of how deeply it resonated with me.

My little brother and I grew up being homeschooled by pseudo hippy parents in a small town in South-Eastern British-Columbia, Canada, called Nelson.

The withdrawal from the mainstream education system thankfully gave my brother and me a clear understanding of how important self-autonomy is.

Although the wealth factor was not apparent for me until the last year or so, my little brother Colin burned his candle at both ends with gasoline figuring out how to achieve his dreams. His risk-taking so that he could develop a thriving business, and become the first entrepreneur in our family, led to his untimely death in 2009.

I've been making comparisons between my brother's life and what MJ teaches. It is scary and truly inspiring to notice the similarities, I can almost hear my brother saying lines from "The Millionaire Fastlane ". I have no doubt he would be a multi-millionaire if he was still alive today.

All the ongoing grief aside, Colin's dream has joined mine and I am over one year into a couple of online side-hustles. My business idea has been getting validated through some clients, and things are getting real!

The opportunities that I have jumped on in just one year have led me to develop the following skills through courses and mentorship:

Copywriting (landing/sales pages, product launches, direct response emails, social media ads)

Podcast booking (writing and sending pitches, show/client relationship management, scheduling, RESEARCH)

Buying and selling private label products via Amazon (shitloads more research! Supplier negotiations, account management, and shipping logistics)

Content repurposing (writing and editing blogs, video editing, static/animated image designs with quotes)

And even a little number crunching.

Thank you everyone for using your precious time to read this. I appreciate this community and look forward to bringing value when I can!

- Ian

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nick T

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Aug 26, 2020
Hey MJ & Co.,

It's a great pleasure to be here, thank you for having me!

I just finished "The Millionaire Fastlane " and all I can say is "Holy Shit!" because of how deeply it resonated with me.

My little brother and I grew up being homeschooled by pseudo hippy parents in a small town in South-Eastern British-Columbia, Canada, called Nelson.

The withdrawal from the mainstream education system thankfully gave my brother and me a clear understanding of how important self-autonomy is.

Although the wealth factor was not apparent for me until the last year or so, my little brother Colin burned his candle at both ends with gasoline figuring out how to achieve his dreams. His risk-taking so that he could develop a thriving business, and become the first entrepreneur in our family, led to his untimely death in 2009.

I've been making comparisons between my brother's life and what MJ teaches. It is scary and truly inspiring to notice the similarities, I can almost hear my brother saying lines from "The Millionaire Fastlane ". I have no doubt he would be a multi-millionaire if he was still alive today.

All the ongoing grief aside, Colin's dream has joined mine and I am over one year into a couple of online side-hustles. My business idea has been getting validated through some clients, and things are getting real!

The opportunities that I have jumped on in just one year have led me to develop the following skills through courses and mentorship:

Copywriting (landing/sales pages, product launches, direct response emails, social media ads)

Podcast booking (writing and sending pitches, show/client relationship management, scheduling, RESEARCH)

Buying and selling private label products via Amazon (shitloads more research! Supplier negotiations, account management, and shipping logistics)

Content repurposing (writing and editing blogs, video editing, static/animated image designs with quotes)

And even a little number crunching.

Thank you everyone for using your precious time to read this. I appreciate this community and look forward to bringing value when I can!

- Ian

Welcome Ian,

It's good to see someone validate their ideas before they launch something. Seems like you are on the right track.

Sorry to hear about your brother, but it's good to see you using that energy to make your dent in the universe.

Go through things like the Gold! threads... there is a lot of value in them!

Cheers!

P.S. There is nothing wrong with wanting a Lambo... well other than it's not a Gulf Stream:)

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Welcome Ian,

It's good to see someone validate their ideas before they launch something. Seems like you are on the right track.

Sorry to hear about your brother, but it's good to see you using that energy to make your dent in the universe.

Cheers!

P.S. There is nothing wrong with wanting a Lambo... well other than it's not a Gulf Stream:)
Lan, you don't have to kill yourself trying to chase this dream. (My only sibling, my younger brother, also died very young. I miss him a lot.) Pace yourself and use your energy to propel yourself forward. You can do this.

Ian Metzger

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
367%
Aug 28, 2020
Victoria, BC, Canada.
Welcome Ian,

Cheers!

Thank you Nick!

I am going to begin absorbing all the value here, and determined to make a 'dent'.

Cheers bro!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ian Metzger

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
367%
Aug 28, 2020
Victoria, BC, Canada.
Lan, you don't have to kill yourself trying to chase this dream. (My only sibling, my younger brother, also died very young. I miss him a lot.) Pace yourself and use your energy to propel yourself forward. You can do this.

WJK,

Thank you so much for your words.

I've been balancing the tasks so that I don't have to kill myself in the process.

Its challenging, but I am up for the challenge.

I am deeply sorry for your loss, I feel your grief. It gets easier, but its always there.

Ian

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...