The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My journey to becoming an Unplugged Unscriptee (1 year)

melisizwe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 13, 2023
I want to make this short and concise so here it goes...

My name is Melisizwe and I am going to make a business within the coming year. Doesn't have to make 3-4 figure profit, it just has to be registered, the idea must be decided upon and significant research for all the requirements must be done.
First priority will be to get a job (any job) so that I can at least have something in my bank account.
Second is to move out of my parents house (I'm 19 turning 20) with the money I am making from my job
Third is to learn web development so that I can either utilise that in my business or get an even higher paying job that will give me more capital.
Fourth and final is while I have a job I'm going to slowly start transitioning my time to my business then eventually make that full time.

It will be the hardest thing I will ever endeavour on but I believe it will be worth it.

Not so detailed but just enough to have a direction for the course of 1 year.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I want to make this short and concise so here it goes...

My name is Melisizwe and I am going to make a business within the coming year. Doesn't have to make 3-4 figure profit, it just has to be registered, the idea must be decided upon and significant research for all the requirements must be done.
First priority will be to get a job (any job) so that I can at least have something in my bank account.
Second is to move out of my parents house (I'm 19 turning 20) with the money I am making from my job
Third is to learn web development so that I can either utilise that in my business or get an even higher paying job that will give me more capital.
Fourth and final is while I have a job I'm going to slowly start transitioning my time to my business then eventually make that full time.

It will be the hardest thing I will ever endeavour on but I believe it will be worth it.

Not so detailed but just enough to have a direction for the course of 1 year.
Man good luck on your journey. I'll be following this for sure.

One thing tho, why not just stay with your parents for this year. If you can cut your cost of living by not needing to pay rent you'll have so much more money to work with.

melisizwe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 13, 2023
Man good luck on your journey. I'll be following this for sure.

One thing tho, why not just stay with your parents for this year. If you can cut your cost of living by not needing to pay rent you'll have so much more money to work with.
Thanks man.
I meant by 2024 Jan and I'll be out.
I feel like I'm leeching and that's why I am doing this. They don't say it and are always kind to me but there's little signs.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard and congrats for the start.

melisizwe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 13, 2023
Okay in an effort to remain somewhat consistent I have decided to post every week on the Monday.

My first priority is getting a job and so I made the decision that web development will be the route.
By the 16th of February I am supposed to have 2 job worthy projects online (on GitHub or my website) and on my CV.
Currently planning, designing and figuring out the MVP(Minimum Viable Product) of each project and hopefully that can yield some results.
I am aware that without a degree or bootcamp I have to make something spectacular and stand out in an unusual way so I figured that I will be documenting my progress and results on YouTube and LinkedIn, just to you know...be different.

So far I have made progress but more work still needs to be done.

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Sounds like a great direction, will be following your journey.
Insight for me was: "Work with sacred deadlines, but realise that direction is more important than speed."
Good luck to you!

moonshiner

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Dec 28, 2022
POLAND
Okay in an effort to remain somewhat consistent I have decided to post every week on the Monday.

My first priority is getting a job and so I made the decision that web development will be the route.
By the 16th of February I am supposed to have 2 job worthy projects online (on GitHub or my website) and on my CV.
Currently planning, designing and figuring out the MVP(Minimum Viable Product) of each project and hopefully that can yield some results.
I am aware that without a degree or bootcamp I have to make something spectacular and stand out in an unusual way so I figured that I will be documenting my progress and results on YouTube and LinkedIn, just to you know...be different.

So far I have made progress but more work still needs to be done.
Studying is excellent and I recommend them but You don't need a degree to start!

No one is interested in your diploma, only in how much profit you bring to your employer!

When I was 19 I started building websites in a notebook, unfortunately, I got busy with something else and abandoned it.
Now I'm 42 and I'm starting to learn PHP, believe me, it's hard to reconcile work, family and study.

JUST DO IT - START!

Don't think about making money (as I did all these years until today) look for needs! Help people!
You go to the hairdresser and ask if they have their own website, what people need at the vet or in the store, and what the store needs.

1. A farmer sows corn,
2. He takes care of the corn, waters it, pulls out weeds, and doesn't know if anything will grow,
3. When the harvest comes, he knows it was worth the work

There is no other way to achieve something you have to sacrifice something!
Turn off the TV, and turn on videos about HTML, PHP, CSS on Youtube - this is free knowledge! LEARN!

Richard Branson said
Screw it let's do it

I wish You perseverance
GOOD LUCK
Chris

melisizwe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 13, 2023
02/06
Okay, so progress update.....I haven't started really building my projects yet I know that I still need to familiarize myself with the relevant frameworks/languages first then I will be able to make that jump.

All while this is happening I still haven't let go of my dream of being a liberated unscriptee but as MJ said in his From "broke to rich video" on YouTube I need to go step by step on the skills "stairs" (foundation, labor, skilled & specialized) and getting a job as a web developer will definitely help.

I've realized that everything I do is building me and shaping me into the person that can either curse my past or thank myself and I want to be the latter, so employing good habits and maintaining discipline has been my focus.

melisizwe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 13, 2023
02/20
Apologies I missed last week

Anyway so I've made progress and I have finally started applying.
I have a cookie cutter project that took a bit of a while to make and I polished up the rest of my CV, GitHub and LinkedIn.

The dream is still alive and still well and even though this path I'm taking to get a job is not exactly Fastlane yet I know the skills attained in this endeavor (software development) will not only give me a start but also give me the skills should I ever (and trust me I will) need to start a website.

I've heard that getting your foot into the door is often the hardest part in SWE especially without a degree and but I believe (and actively maneuver) that I can do it

melisizwe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 13, 2023
03/06

Okay so I'm changing to post every two weeks and I've come to say that the journey may be long but it will be worth it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...