The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Journey Till Now and My Current Situation

Hash0101

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
371%
Sep 11, 2022
I am seeking some guidance from the perspective of Fastlane millionaire book. Any fastlaner who has time to read this entire article and summarize the situation I am in and want to give a roadmap on how to approach the game of life from here on is much appreciated.

Hey everyone, I am 20 and pursuing MSc in Biological Science and B.E in Electrical and Electronics engineering. My primal inclinations are software development, full-stack web dev, game dev, and blockchain engineering(Web3 space). I am posting this because I felt lost midway through pursuing a degree. When I was 19, I started a small-scale investment venture in the crypto space of altcoin in August 2021; my cousin's brother poured in funding for the initial investment. The story goes this way. I was very interested in the world of web3 and crypto; I didn't have prior investing experience and required foundational knowledge of specialization of crypto space. But I had the understanding of crypto better than compared to lots of masses around. My cousin, brother, and I both were on a trip where we were discussing our life. He was speaking of long-term narratives of life, and our family problems and societal gravitational pull clustered us both. The flow of discussion went from our life issues to our interests, where I shared my interest in the crypto space with him—describing my brother as a pragmatic thinker who makes very calculated moves. He has an active income source of 50k dollars a year and a network of people who were willing to invest but did not know where to start and had no time to learn and catch up with the new adapting crypto space. He introduced me to the concept of IPOs in traditional markets then I popped up and shared the idea of IDO, ICO, INO, etc., in the crypto space. He convinced me to invest in the crypto market and provided me with an initial investment of 3k dollars, and we both agreed upon an 80/20 share, where I get 20 % of profits earned. The portfolio went tremendous and in 4 months portfolio shook up to 130k with 0 principal amount. 95% of the portfolio's value was in vesting and cliff of projects, and most of the tasks we invested in were running on market trends with high volatility and were small-cap coins. Then we both fell into market irrationality and poured more money into the all-time high market of around 20k dollars. And the market plummeted due to many unprecedented events. We lost most of the value of the portfolio. Then the work I put in got a bit stagnant as there was no capital influx in the crypto market apart from trading blue chip coins in crypto. Months passed, and we never sneaked into the market much as I used to invest my time. In July 2021, our wallet got hacked, and the hacker was able to sweep off 500$ present in the wallet. Most of our vesting was transferred to a new wallet incurring a total loss of 3k dollars in the bear market. Our current portfolio standing is 10k dollars with many projects to launch yet and a 1500$ principal amount invested. During this journey, I realized my interest in becoming a venture capitalist. Now roll the ball game to me. I am a bashful, introverted guy who had very least exposure to what life is all about,
I was in a bubble of schooling, academics, and university for most of my life. I have zero networks and no valuable skills. I just have the enthusiasm to learn and grow in life. The course I am studying has no education on things I want to pursue whatsoever... I am staying in the hostel, and after the occurrence of the bear run in crypto, most of my time was spent sleeping or in resentment of how worthless I am to myself. The university I am studying at has an excellent placement record. Still, the tech giants which allow a student to sit for an interview have cgpa criteria which are:
For 50% of companies 7.0 and above
for 80% of companies 7.5 and above
For almost any company 8.0 and above
My current CGPA is 7.07, and I have no interest in sitting for placement. I am just using it as my backup option.
Evaluating my current situation, I feel lost. Right now, I have no specialized skills to offer in the market. I aspire to become a founder, venture capitalist, and whale investor in multiple asset classes (real estate, cryptocurrency, global markets, stocks, and various acquisitions of business). Right now, I am planning to learn full-stack web dev, Blockchain Engineering, and Game Dev in 3-4 months in fast-paced courses.
The issue is I am unable to manage time as I am doing two degrees at a stretch, and the degree I am learning isn't adding value whatsoever. It is just a backup option for my career. I am seeking some guidance from the perspective of the Fastlane millionaire book. Anyone fastlaner who has time to read this entire article and summarize the situation I am in and want to give a roadmap on how to approach the game of life from here on is much appreciated. This article was more of a brain dump of an insecure guy who has achieved nothing in life but aspires to achieve financial freedom using Fastlane approaches within a span of 3-4 years. Also, sorry for my terrible English; I am working on my writing skills.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
I am seeking some guidance from the perspective of Fastlane millionaire book. Any fastlaner who has time to read this entire article and summarize the situation I am in and want to give a roadmap on how to approach the game of life from here on is much appreciated.

Hey everyone, I am 20 and pursuing MSc in Biological Science and B.E in Electrical and Electronics engineering. My primal inclinations are software development, full-stack web dev, game dev, and blockchain engineering(Web3 space). I am posting this because I felt lost midway through pursuing a degree. When I was 19, I started a small-scale investment venture in the crypto space of altcoin in August 2021; my cousin's brother poured in funding for the initial investment. The story goes this way. I was very interested in the world of web3 and crypto; I didn't have prior investing experience and required foundational knowledge of specialization of crypto space. But I had the understanding of crypto better than compared to lots of masses around. My cousin, brother, and I both were on a trip where we were discussing our life. He was speaking of long-term narratives of life, and our family problems and societal gravitational pull clustered us both. The flow of discussion went from our life issues to our interests, where I shared my interest in the crypto space with him—describing my brother as a pragmatic thinker who makes very calculated moves. He has an active income source of 50k dollars a year and a network of people who were willing to invest but did not know where to start and had no time to learn and catch up with the new adapting crypto space. He introduced me to the concept of IPOs in traditional markets then I popped up and shared the idea of IDO, ICO, INO, etc., in the crypto space. He convinced me to invest in the crypto market and provided me with an initial investment of 3k dollars, and we both agreed upon an 80/20 share, where I get 20 % of profits earned. The portfolio went tremendous and in 4 months portfolio shook up to 130k with 0 principal amount. 95% of the portfolio's value was in vesting and cliff of projects, and most of the tasks we invested in were running on market trends with high volatility and were small-cap coins. Then we both fell into market irrationality and poured more money into the all-time high market of around 20k dollars. And the market plummeted due to many unprecedented events. We lost most of the value of the portfolio. Then the work I put in got a bit stagnant as there was no capital influx in the crypto market apart from trading blue chip coins in crypto. Months passed, and we never sneaked into the market much as I used to invest my time. In July 2021, our wallet got hacked, and the hacker was able to sweep off 500$ present in the wallet. Most of our vesting was transferred to a new wallet incurring a total loss of 3k dollars in the bear market. Our current portfolio standing is 10k dollars with many projects to launch yet and a 1500$ principal amount invested. During this journey, I realized my interest in becoming a venture capitalist. Now roll the ball game to me. I am a bashful, introverted guy who had very least exposure to what life is all about,
I was in a bubble of schooling, academics, and university for most of my life. I have zero networks and no valuable skills. I just have the enthusiasm to learn and grow in life. The course I am studying has no education on things I want to pursue whatsoever... I am staying in the hostel, and after the occurrence of the bear run in crypto, most of my time was spent sleeping or in resentment of how worthless I am to myself. The university I am studying at has an excellent placement record. Still, the tech giants which allow a student to sit for an interview have cgpa criteria which are:
For 50% of companies 7.0 and above
for 80% of companies 7.5 and above
For almost any company 8.0 and above
My current CGPA is 7.07, and I have no interest in sitting for placement. I am just using it as my backup option.
Evaluating my current situation, I feel lost. Right now, I have no specialized skills to offer in the market. I aspire to become a founder, venture capitalist, and whale investor in multiple asset classes (real estate, cryptocurrency, global markets, stocks, and various acquisitions of business). Right now, I am planning to learn full-stack web dev, Blockchain Engineering, and Game Dev in 3-4 months in fast-paced courses.
The issue is I am unable to manage time as I am doing two degrees at a stretch, and the degree I am learning isn't adding value whatsoever. It is just a backup option for my career. I am seeking some guidance from the perspective of the Fastlane millionaire book. Anyone fastlaner who has time to read this entire article and summarize the situation I am in and want to give a roadmap on how to approach the game of life from here on is much appreciated. This article was more of a brain dump of an insecure guy who has achieved nothing in life but aspires to achieve financial freedom using Fastlane approaches within a span of 3-4 years. Also, sorry for my terrible English; I am working on my writing skills.

You have enough skills to succeed. You just looking in a different direction. Instead of pursuing several degrees, search for painful problems people have and how to solve these problems in efficient ways. Once you find such problems and develop solutions you will be able to sell these solutions in the form of products/services. Do not worry about selling, marketing, etc. skills. You always will be able to hire (or cooperate with) experts you need.
Look into "Rich Dad Poor Dad" book about education vs skills dilemma.

Hash0101

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
371%
Sep 11, 2022
You have enough skills to succeed. You just looking in a different direction. Instead of pursuing several degrees, search for painful problems people have and how to solve these problems in efficient ways. Once you find such problems and develop solutions you will be able to sell these solutions in the form of products/services. Do not worry about selling, marketing, etc. skills. You always will be able to hire (or cooperate with) experts you need.
Look into "Rich Dad Poor Dad" book about education vs skills dilemma.
Well, to be honest, and frank, I didn't try anything new in the past year, and I have zero industry exposure and experience. But what I did learn from my one-time endeavor is that I can shorten the learning curve of complex subjects and learn faster when compared to the masses. Also, when reflecting, I made several mistakes along the way journey. My first mistake was abandoning reading books, not documenting the process of my trip or funnel (I call it my project journal), not thinking about every possible set of outcomes, not considering the consequences of actions, and not planning to the end. Thanks for taking out time and reply to my post. Right now, I cannot contemplate what I should be doing. Because I have zero networks, no friends or family members to rely on, no specialization in any skill, zero to no analysis of market and businesses, no understanding of how conventional market works, no knowledge of how the human psyche works, no understanding of how the banking system works, no knowledge of private equity, the game of venture capital, bootstrapped startup, no sense of how to scale a small size company to medium size company, no clarity of where to begin with and how to approach my current situation. In short, I have no clue what to do and how to do it. I don't have any roadmap to follow or have no leverage. Whatever I was involved in the past year, my performance benchmark was below average (mostly, I wasn't interested in any action I was doing). What would it be if you could give a risk-free roadmap of how I can make $30 million in the next 3-4 years with leverage multi-dimensional things? I have mentioned my entire scenario and options in the post thread.
To give a thorough description of mine:
I am a computer nerd who spent most of his day in a room exploring things on the internet; apart from the internet, I have no clue how things work in our current system. I am a socially anxious and awkward person who doesn't know how to spend leisure time with people; I have had fewer social interactions among people. I am primarily an anonymous guy who likes to spend time peacefully without involving in any bullshit rules around me. But when I work on things I am interested in and want to pursue, I put my heart and soul into it to achieve my goal. I live in India, where society is full of bullshit rules. And want to shift to another country as soon as possible. This all needs high escape velocity, which requires a significant amount of fuel (referring to money as fuel).
Well, currently, I am looking for Fastlane processes and mechanisms on how to approach things in life. Now coming back to the skill vs. education dilemma, I'm not particularly eager to outsource or delegate work outside my own because I have experienced how people think and operate. Most of them are boozos who have learned skills in a specific way and think of themselves as masters of the subject, producing negative net contributions. To first delegate, I need to make myself worth more than great at a few game voids and connect to people who are best at their game.
Rolling the dice back, I am facing a haunting dilemma of losing it all as I have zero risk tolerance capacity right now,
I made a safe university option, but it consumes most of my time(primarily indentured time). Because of this, I cannot try anything new. These days my stress levels get higher whenever I think of my future narrative on how things are scripted for me. I understand that I am being a bitch who isn't putting in work and expecting things to go my way. But this isn't my current reality; on the surface level, it feels like my life choices are in my control, but when I dug deeper, I release most of it is fabricated by contagious Subliminals around me.
Can anyone lay out multiple options in front of me who have experienced the same moments in the past and have had momentum and escape velocity to escape their wrapped reality?

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
Well, to be honest, and frank, I didn't try anything new in the past year, and I have zero industry exposure and experience. But what I did learn from my one-time endeavor is that I can shorten the learning curve of complex subjects and learn faster when compared to the masses. Also, when reflecting, I made several mistakes along the way journey. My first mistake was abandoning reading books, not documenting the process of my trip or funnel (I call it my project journal), not thinking about every possible set of outcomes, not considering the consequences of actions, and not planning to the end. Thanks for taking out time and reply to my post. Right now, I cannot contemplate what I should be doing. Because I have zero networks, no friends or family members to rely on, no specialization in any skill, zero to no analysis of market and businesses, no understanding of how conventional market works, no knowledge of how the human psyche works, no understanding of how the banking system works, no knowledge of private equity, the game of venture capital, bootstrapped startup, no sense of how to scale a small size company to medium size company, no clarity of where to begin with and how to approach my current situation. In short, I have no clue what to do and how to do it. I don't have any roadmap to follow or have no leverage. Whatever I was involved in the past year, my performance benchmark was below average (mostly, I wasn't interested in any action I was doing). What would it be if you could give a risk-free roadmap of how I can make $30 million in the next 3-4 years with leverage multi-dimensional things? I have mentioned my entire scenario and options in the post thread.
To give a thorough description of mine:
I am a computer nerd who spent most of his day in a room exploring things on the internet; apart from the internet, I have no clue how things work in our current system. I am a socially anxious and awkward person who doesn't know how to spend leisure time with people; I have had fewer social interactions among people. I am primarily an anonymous guy who likes to spend time peacefully without involving in any bullshit rules around me. But when I work on things I am interested in and want to pursue, I put my heart and soul into it to achieve my goal. I live in India, where society is full of bullshit rules. And want to shift to another country as soon as possible. This all needs high escape velocity, which requires a significant amount of fuel (referring to money as fuel).
Well, currently, I am looking for Fastlane processes and mechanisms on how to approach things in life. Now coming back to the skill vs. education dilemma, I'm not particularly eager to outsource or delegate work outside my own because I have experienced how people think and operate. Most of them are boozos who have learned skills in a specific way and think of themselves as masters of the subject, producing negative net contributions. To first delegate, I need to make myself worth more than great at a few game voids and connect to people who are best at their game.
Rolling the dice back, I am facing a haunting dilemma of losing it all as I have zero risk tolerance capacity right now,
I made a safe university option, but it consumes most of my time(primarily indentured time). Because of this, I cannot try anything new. These days my stress levels get higher whenever I think of my future narrative on how things are scripted for me. I understand that I am being a bitch who isn't putting in work and expecting things to go my way. But this isn't my current reality; on the surface level, it feels like my life choices are in my control, but when I dug deeper, I release most of it is fabricated by contagious Subliminals around me.
Can anyone lay out multiple options in front of me who have experienced the same moments in the past and have had momentum and escape velocity to escape their wrapped reality?
"Can anyone lay out multiple options in front of me who have experienced the same moments in the past and have had momentum and escape velocity to escape their wrapped reality?"

Many immigrants are in similar conditions and even worse that you described. You are a typical introvert and have some advantages over extroverts. You do not need to know a lot about how all is working in this world. You just need to know the basics. To have a stable income stream outside of your job you need a product/service to sell and customers who buy the product/service. Customers will buy the product/service if it solves a painful problem for them.

You live in society where people have a lot of painful problems. Identify them, invent the best solutions (this is where introverts are better then extroverts) and sell the solutions in the form of products/services.

As a software expert you can develop software that generate income, for example trading bots, arbitrage systems, etc.

You don't even need to invent products/services (there are a lot of them), just find painful problems and match them with existing products/services that solve these problems. Introverts have better inborn skills in this game.

Conclusion. You are ignorant of your own advantages you have as introvert, blind to opportunities that are around you.
Start from a simple commitment to find a single painful problem that people have, per day. When you identify at least 50 problems start to solve them (or search for products/services that offer solutions).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.