The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My journey so far...

Lakshmipriya

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 28, 2022
Hi. I'm Lakshmi Priya. I'm from Coimbatore, India. I'm currently trying to be a freelancer in Social Media Marketing. I never knew so many people existed in this field before i started learning about this and started to upskill. Is this becoming saturated? I think more people are certainly coming into this field but there is definitely value to be provided here.

So, let me share a little bit of my history so you can know where I come from. I did Masters in Biotechnology and I didn't want to go for a PhD as I realised I can't spend so many years of my life in the academia and it just wasn't for me (I am a gold medalist at my University and people think I'm crazy for not doing a PhD). Anyways, I'm currently working in a 9-5 as an editor and it's sucking the soul out of me and freelancing
with a job is hard.

I'm currently 24 yo. And being a girl in India and 24, i can't even begin with all the pressure they put. First of all, getting married is a must and it's a hard no for me right now. And parents in India think it's their responsibility to get their daughters married right away after education. So, I said no and it's always so much drama and I'm trying to move out too. So that is all about me (plus I recently discovered I have ADHD). I would love connect with a lot of you here!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Lakshmi, happy to have you hear. Lots of folks here from India, perhaps they can comment on your situation. As an American, it is often hard for us to relate or understand the norms of your culture.

I'm currently trying to be a freelancer in Social Media Marketing. I never knew so many people existed in this field before i started learning about this and started to upskill.

Yes, it is quite saturated.

Hanabi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Jan 22, 2022
Florida
Hi. I'm Lakshmi Priya. I'm from Coimbatore, India. I'm currently trying to be a freelancer in Social Media Marketing. I never knew so many people existed in this field before i started learning about this and started to upskill. Is this becoming saturated? I think more people are certainly coming into this field but there is definitely value to be provided here.

So, let me share a little bit of my history so you can know where I come from. I did Masters in Biotechnology and I didn't want to go for a PhD as I realised I can't spend so many years of my life in the academia and it just wasn't for me (I am a gold medalist at my University and people think I'm crazy for not doing a PhD). Anyways, I'm currently working in a 9-5 as an editor and it's sucking the soul out of me and freelancing
with a job is hard.

I'm currently 24 yo. And being a girl in India and 24, i can't even begin with all the pressure they put. First of all, getting married is a must and it's a hard no for me right now. And parents in India think it's their responsibility to get their daughters married right away after education. So, I said no and it's always so much drama and I'm trying to move out too. So that is all about me (plus I recently discovered I have ADHD). I would love connect with a lot of you here!
Hi Lakshmi,
I'm also 24. I'm not sure if Social Media Marketing is too saturated now or not. I think the skills that are hard to learn and acquire will get paid much more, so you may want to look there, plus I don't think those areas are saturated with many people. Humans always naturally take easy paths. You could be creative in offering packages of services with the different skills you have.

Congrats on your Biotechnology degree and gold medal. Is there some skills you learned in biotech that can help you make money?

I'm not Indian, but I'm half Japanese. Asian countries put way to much pressure on people, especially women. They sometimes act like women are useless unless married. They need to relax. So I understand. It seems like you're resilient. Stay strong! You've got this!

I love Indian curry, when it's not spicy, but has chickpeas. I like eating it with rotti. In Japan, we have sweeter curry.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...