- Joined
- May 2, 2019
- Messages
- 1
Rep Bank
$100
$100
User Power: 100%
Hello folks, hello @MJ DeMarco
(English is not my mother tongue. Sorry for any inaccuracies)
I have often felt like a lost piece of the puzzle that somehow doesn't fit into the overall picture. This feeling was present throughout my whole life. At school, as an intern, in the holiday jobs, in my studies and especially in my training. Despite the inner resistance, I finally struggled my way through. My curriculum vitae is very patchy, some "achievements" (e.g. the completed apprenticeship) - if you can call it that
are often not self-initiated, but rather to escape social pressure (parents, family, friends, etc.).
While in the areas (school, education, studies) to which I was forced, I was mostly very lazy and lacking motivation, I have achieved success in other areas and have noticed that I can create things if I really want them (and am willing to work for them).
For example, in my youth I was very unsportsmanlike and had no high self-confidence. I enrolled in Krav Maga, an isreal self-defense system. I was the youngest and slimmest in training and the first times sparring were really hard. Nosebleeds, nausea, but worst of all the fear of the punches. I had downright fear of contact, I was a real pussy. Not very advantageous in a sport like this. Also here I tortured myself half-heartedly through. For 2 years, with little effort. Technically I was good, but I had no condition and still a weak/anxious spirit. When I then ran on the way home from a birthday party over a bus station and there was attacked by strangers almost kicked to death, I have - to put it in UNSCRIPTED language - had my "F*ck This Event". From then on I took the training seriously. And after 4 years of dedicated training,
I became instructor and coach of the people I would have shit myself in sparring with in the past.
I also had my problems with women. I was the typical Nice-Guy, who puts pretty women on a podium. I had to deal with a lot of emotional pain until I have attained the maturity and self-confidence not to sell myself under value and to meet women at the same eye level. I was informed about dating, personality development etc. but most of all - and this was essential - I fought my fears again and again and spoke to women, got hundreds of rejections and tried to learn from my experiences. That went on for many years. One evening I met my current partner. With her I am for over three years. I approached her on the dance floor of a discotheque. That evening I only drank green tea, no alcohol. With probably the stupidest pickup line ever. It was lucky that I met her that evening, but it was also my ambition not to give up and continue my search and above all, to become the person who is able to have a happy relationship.
But I have not only learned that you can achieve good things through good decisions, but also bad things happen when you make the wrong decision. For example, to eat badly for a long time and to have an unhealthy lifestyle in general. As a result, a malignant tumour has developed in my body. Well, we don't know the actual cause of this tumor. But I do well to consider all the probabilities. Fortunately, I have defeated cancer. In my rehabilitation I met a lot of people who had a similar fate. This experience has shown me that health has its price. If you don't do your body any good, you shouldn't be surprised if one day you get a fat bill for it. In addition, my desire to achieve more in life than just mediocrity increased.
So, on the one hand I had this feeling, not to fit into the world and into the world view of society. This led to great listlessness and feelings of guilt. But then there were these key moments that showed me,
that my destiny is not predestined and that I have the possibilities to steer my life in the right direction AND that my time is not unlimited and that it can end at any moment.
When I read The Millionaire Fastlane (I am half done with UNSCRIPTED), some things became clear to me. All the things I've been through suddenly get a face. Because it changed my perception and showed me that I'm not "crazy" and that I don't have to die as a system slave. I like MJ's books and his attitude very much, because I can identify very strongly with them and connect some of my personal experiences with concepts from the books - also "not business-related" experiences.
Well, and now the journey continues. I turn 28 this year and still live with my parents at home, because I can't afford an apartment and hang out in my 9-5 job. What I am currently doing (besides my job):
- I am deepening my knowledge in programming. I have collected knowledge about C#, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python, etc. and now learn everything about the web framework Django to create a web application.
- I already have some ideas, but I have to deepen my programming knowledge to be able to implement them.
I reduced my work time to 80%, i.e. I now only work 4 days a week and can invest 1 day more in myself. Instead of 5 for 2, 4 for 3.
And my standard of living hasn't changed as a result (since I have only low fixed costs and I paid all my debts ).
I will do everything I can to move out of my home as soon as possible and quit my job. I want to live by my own rules and standards, be independent and free in my decisions.
Greetz
(English is not my mother tongue. Sorry for any inaccuracies)
I have often felt like a lost piece of the puzzle that somehow doesn't fit into the overall picture. This feeling was present throughout my whole life. At school, as an intern, in the holiday jobs, in my studies and especially in my training. Despite the inner resistance, I finally struggled my way through. My curriculum vitae is very patchy, some "achievements" (e.g. the completed apprenticeship) - if you can call it that
are often not self-initiated, but rather to escape social pressure (parents, family, friends, etc.).
While in the areas (school, education, studies) to which I was forced, I was mostly very lazy and lacking motivation, I have achieved success in other areas and have noticed that I can create things if I really want them (and am willing to work for them).
For example, in my youth I was very unsportsmanlike and had no high self-confidence. I enrolled in Krav Maga, an isreal self-defense system. I was the youngest and slimmest in training and the first times sparring were really hard. Nosebleeds, nausea, but worst of all the fear of the punches. I had downright fear of contact, I was a real pussy. Not very advantageous in a sport like this. Also here I tortured myself half-heartedly through. For 2 years, with little effort. Technically I was good, but I had no condition and still a weak/anxious spirit. When I then ran on the way home from a birthday party over a bus station and there was attacked by strangers almost kicked to death, I have - to put it in UNSCRIPTED language - had my "F*ck This Event". From then on I took the training seriously. And after 4 years of dedicated training,
I became instructor and coach of the people I would have shit myself in sparring with in the past.
I also had my problems with women. I was the typical Nice-Guy, who puts pretty women on a podium. I had to deal with a lot of emotional pain until I have attained the maturity and self-confidence not to sell myself under value and to meet women at the same eye level. I was informed about dating, personality development etc. but most of all - and this was essential - I fought my fears again and again and spoke to women, got hundreds of rejections and tried to learn from my experiences. That went on for many years. One evening I met my current partner. With her I am for over three years. I approached her on the dance floor of a discotheque. That evening I only drank green tea, no alcohol. With probably the stupidest pickup line ever. It was lucky that I met her that evening, but it was also my ambition not to give up and continue my search and above all, to become the person who is able to have a happy relationship.
But I have not only learned that you can achieve good things through good decisions, but also bad things happen when you make the wrong decision. For example, to eat badly for a long time and to have an unhealthy lifestyle in general. As a result, a malignant tumour has developed in my body. Well, we don't know the actual cause of this tumor. But I do well to consider all the probabilities. Fortunately, I have defeated cancer. In my rehabilitation I met a lot of people who had a similar fate. This experience has shown me that health has its price. If you don't do your body any good, you shouldn't be surprised if one day you get a fat bill for it. In addition, my desire to achieve more in life than just mediocrity increased.
So, on the one hand I had this feeling, not to fit into the world and into the world view of society. This led to great listlessness and feelings of guilt. But then there were these key moments that showed me,
that my destiny is not predestined and that I have the possibilities to steer my life in the right direction AND that my time is not unlimited and that it can end at any moment.
When I read The Millionaire Fastlane (I am half done with UNSCRIPTED), some things became clear to me. All the things I've been through suddenly get a face. Because it changed my perception and showed me that I'm not "crazy" and that I don't have to die as a system slave. I like MJ's books and his attitude very much, because I can identify very strongly with them and connect some of my personal experiences with concepts from the books - also "not business-related" experiences.
Well, and now the journey continues. I turn 28 this year and still live with my parents at home, because I can't afford an apartment and hang out in my 9-5 job. What I am currently doing (besides my job):
- I am deepening my knowledge in programming. I have collected knowledge about C#, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python, etc. and now learn everything about the web framework Django to create a web application.
- I already have some ideas, but I have to deepen my programming knowledge to be able to implement them.
I reduced my work time to 80%, i.e. I now only work 4 days a week and can invest 1 day more in myself. Instead of 5 for 2, 4 for 3.
And my standard of living hasn't changed as a result (since I have only low fixed costs and I paid all my debts ).
I will do everything I can to move out of my home as soon as possible and quit my job. I want to live by my own rules and standards, be independent and free in my decisions.
Greetz
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
