The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My intro (and how I want to contribute)

Jhonatan_

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 15, 2019
Brazil
Hi my name is Jhonatan, I'm 28. I live in Brazil, my home country.I also majored in Computer Science.

Background: I've worked with software development "professionally" for about 2 years now, but already in the very first year of working for a company in software development something always kept bothering me: Why do I keep showing up to work and have to study about things I don't want, to create solutions to problems I'm not passionate about, while making less than a fraction of what I'm making for the company?

Corporate Fun(just kidding): I had never really thought about becoming an Entrepreneur, so my goals were simply to climb the corporate latter as fast as I could because when you speak English in a third world country like Brazil, it isn't too hard to get a high paying salary fast. Though for some reason after about 2 years of doing that I simply wasn't getting the satisfaction I thought I would get of this profession(programming) and I always felt chained and hated going to work everyday. My dreams were to do what I love like playing the drums, surfing, working out, reading, traveling the world and teaching people what I know(I actually love teaching).

My F.T.E: Having read "The Four Hour Work Week" I had my eyes set on getting a remote job, and also becoming my own boss by basically creating something of value to people and eventually selling it, but I sort of put all of that on hold after I landed a remote job and started to make about 2.5k dollars a month(around R$10,000+) in local currency here in Brazil. Which is something most people don't make, even after working 5-10 years in company. But even than I was miserable, the money got me motivated on the first and second month. But after that It was just a downhill spiral, to sum things up I simply could not bring myself to feel like I owned them something simply because I was highly paid -for local standards-, even though the job was sucking up all my energy with the excessive amount of overtime and crazy problems that would show up, and the intense amount of studying I had to do(no problem with studying, just not for something that isn't your dream), that I finally decided against all of my friends and parent's recommendations to quit that job. My mother almost passed out when I told her that.

What I did with my free time: I was smart enough have kept my expenses as low as they were before I had gotten this job, and so I had enough money saved up to not work for about 8 months(they turned into 6 because of unexpected expenses). I was sure 8 months was enough to start making at least enough money to pay for the bills (spoiler: nope, silly me) so I started reading books about entrepreneurship and that's how I landed(amongst others) on Unscripted and it resonated so much with me that I realized I had already had my F.T.E. moment, and I was more or less looking for a game plan to do something that would work, and that book has really helped me with that, along with another one that I will mention below.

The plan to escape:[all this has happened in the last 15 months] So i started digging into books, first I had no idea what I was doing, so I simply read the technical books on my area, but luckily I landed on a book because of this guy I watched on YouTube called John Sonmmez (which MJ has done a video with), so I read his "The software developer's complete career guide", and in that he basically talked about a gazillion different aspects of the field, but what I liked that most was the part about how I should be building a "brand" and how that's crucial if you want to build a business. So I did just that I created a blog and YouTube/Facebook/Instagram accounts (will share what I have learned so far in another post), my plan has always been to educate people in the programming field(which I love to learn and teach, but hate to work for others). So I have been building an audience and trust on those channels for about a year now. I have no paid products yet, only free courses and free content, but I have a paid course I'm creating right now(will post some questions about that in another post) and an audience of about 3k subs on YouTube,700 on mail list, 680+ on Facebook, and 100 on Instagram.

How I'm doing right now: After the money from the remote job ran out I had no choice but to get another one, which lasted about 3 months, and after that contract was over. I had enough saved up for another month and a half of "free time", but I took way too long to decide on what to sell or create that I don't have a finished product to sell or market yet. So because of that indecision, I now need to look for another job. As I have literally only a month's rent worth of money left. I don't really want to get a job but I do understand that it's the way I can pay the bills for now, so I am not giving up.

Why I'm joining this forum:
After having read Unscripted and now I'm in the process of reading Millionaire Fastlane I feel like I have learned a few lessons and made mistakes that I might be able to share with people here as well as getting some feedback on my ideas as well.

Hope to help in any way I can and let's grow together!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted74396

Welcome! I'm looking forward to hearing the lessons you have to share. Don't give up, you got this :)

Jhonatan_

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 15, 2019
Brazil
Welcome! I'm looking forward to hearing the lessons you have to share. Don't give up, you got this :)
Hey thanks, yeah for sure I'll be posting some of my findings with social media and content based marketing

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...