The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My horrible attempt at closing clients

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
I have a friend who calls my playing pickup bball a waste of time. He's always saying, "Are you going to go waste 2 hours of your life again?" everytime I go to the park. He says it tongue in cheek, but he's not athletic so he doesn't understand why people play sports.

And not understanding is the main giveaway of close-minded people. Not to say that if you don't understand something that you're close-minded, it's when you don't understand something or refuse to understand something on the other side of the spectrum that's really no different than what you're doing or believe in. Those people can't see the bigger picture, the picture that you think something I do is a waste of time, and I WOULD think something you do is a waste of time but I know you're doing it for your own reasons and personal enjoyment, and doing something that makes you happy as long as it's not excessively can and should never be viewed as a waste of time. My brain feels like it's suffocating when I try to wrap around my head why someone would ever think otherwise, but I'm a very logical person and a lot of people who would disagree aren't.

It's just a contradictory way of thinking, thinking "nothing I do that makes me happy is a waste of time, but that thing that you do that makes you happy is a waste of time" IE being close-minded.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
C'mon guys, I really don't feel like installing a new plugin today.

Ban Users From a Thread - vBulletin.org Forum

Everyone's definition of entertainment is different.

Video games. Reading. Playing sports. Watching TV. Playing board games. Poker. Bowling. Golf. Reddit.

The issue is not entertainment; it's the OVERUSE of entertainment.

The fact is, some people have lives that revolve around entertainment, regardless of form.

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
The issue is not entertainment; it's the OVERUSE of entertainment.

Which is the point that I've made several times now. I've repeated that multiple times:

Playing games excessively is a waste of time, as no one needs to be entertained for several hours a day, but doing a lot of things excessively could be looked at as a waste of time.
doing something that makes you happy as long as it's not excessively can and should never be viewed as a waste of time.

But some people just fail to understand :rolleyes:.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Which is the point that I've made several times now. I've repeated that multiple times:

But some people just fail to understand :rolleyes:.

Did you beat the level 13 alien yet?

:smxG:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
Mj Love it! I wish I had one of those for real life :D

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
^ funny :smx7: :urock2:

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Wanted to bump this thread, I came back to it because of the advice DennisDuty gave me which was excellent.

The thing that some people don't understand is that I love video games, I do.. HOWEVER, if I am playing them, I am always recording. It is never to kill time, it is to create something.

So, that's the difference between me and the rest of the people who play them. When I'm playing, I'm recording/creating. If I have no ideas on what to make, I stay the hell away.

Sorry for not responding to this thread sooner, it went kind of crazy and I just abandoned it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.