The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My goals

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
I have been working on a web based business that interacts with the community where I live. I got my contract last week and am able to begin getting customers as a result.

Sales is not my forte, so I have enlisted the help of someone who has a natural ability and is very excited about the concept I am creating. I plan to get him started and add additional help, on a 1099 comission basis.

As soon as I have systems in place I plan to add some office help done again on a 1099 basis, I don't want to do the work myself. I figure the more people I can help, the more I am helped.

I can't go into detail, sorry, but once the customers have reached a certain level I will begin to split the site into more cities, it's a localized thing remember. After I have successfully split into cities and worked out the duplication bugs, I plan to franchise to go nationwide.

This idea I'm developing doesn't fit into the 3,000-1,000,000 thread because a minor can't enter into a contract, but so far I have not spent more than $300, and next week should bring the beginning of cashflow.

I expect to start slower than I finish because the learning curve is quite large, but I do plan on leveraging the use of OPT (other people's time) to multiply my efforts in the future, and perhaps still meet the 15 month deadline.

I don't believe I need to hire anyone, but that whoever I have help can be an independent contractor. Does anyone know if there is any kind of limitation on the number of IC's a business can have?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
make sure the sales person you hire has a non-compete agreement. You don't want to come up with the idea and then this sales person finds a way to do the same for his/her customers without your involvement (seen it happen... the sales person IS the service/product in the customer's head, you don't exist for them)

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
Excellent point thank you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics