• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

My goals

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by Allthingznew, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Allthingznew

Allthingznew Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $95
    I have been working on a web based business that interacts with the community where I live. I got my contract last week and am able to begin getting customers as a result.

Sales is not my forte, so I have enlisted the help of someone who has a natural ability and is very excited about the concept I am creating. I plan to get him started and add additional help, on a 1099 comission basis.

As soon as I have systems in place I plan to add some office help done again on a 1099 basis, I don't want to do the work myself. I figure the more people I can help, the more I am helped.

I can't go into detail, sorry, but once the customers have reached a certain level I will begin to split the site into more cities, it's a localized thing remember. After I have successfully split into cities and worked out the duplication bugs, I plan to franchise to go nationwide.

This idea I'm developing doesn't fit into the 3,000-1,000,000 thread because a minor can't enter into a contract, but so far I have not spent more than $300, and next week should bring the beginning of cashflow.

I expect to start slower than I finish because the learning curve is quite large, but I do plan on leveraging the use of OPT (other people's time) to multiply my efforts in the future, and perhaps still meet the 15 month deadline.

I don't believe I need to hire anyone, but that whoever I have help can be an independent contractor. Does anyone know if there is any kind of limitation on the number of IC's a business can have?

2. andviv

andviv Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,390
    make sure the sales person you hire has a non-compete agreement. You don't want to come up with the idea and then this sales person finds a way to do the same for his/her customers without your involvement (seen it happen... the sales person IS the service/product in the customer's head, you don't exist for them)

3. Allthingznew

Allthingznew Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $95
    Excellent point thank you.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.