The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

My goals

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Allthingznew

Contributor
Aug 26, 2007
I have been working on a web based business that interacts with the community where I live. I got my contract last week and am able to begin getting customers as a result.

Sales is not my forte, so I have enlisted the help of someone who has a natural ability and is very excited about the concept I am creating. I plan to get him started and add additional help, on a 1099 comission basis.

As soon as I have systems in place I plan to add some office help done again on a 1099 basis, I don't want to do the work myself. I figure the more people I can help, the more I am helped.

I can't go into detail, sorry, but once the customers have reached a certain level I will begin to split the site into more cities, it's a localized thing remember. After I have successfully split into cities and worked out the duplication bugs, I plan to franchise to go nationwide.

This idea I'm developing doesn't fit into the 3,000-1,000,000 thread because a minor can't enter into a contract, but so far I have not spent more than $300, and next week should bring the beginning of cashflow.

I expect to start slower than I finish because the learning curve is quite large, but I do plan on leveraging the use of OPT (other people's time) to multiply my efforts in the future, and perhaps still meet the 15 month deadline.

I don't believe I need to hire anyone, but that whoever I have help can be an independent contractor. Does anyone know if there is any kind of limitation on the number of IC's a business can have?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
make sure the sales person you hire has a non-compete agreement. You don't want to come up with the idea and then this sales person finds a way to do the same for his/her customers without your involvement (seen it happen... the sales person IS the service/product in the customer's head, you don't exist for them)

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
My friend was just looking for this information. Thanks
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
This program helped me to triple my revenue over 7 months while also moving to a new city in the...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom