The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My goal is to open a troubled youth dance center

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
I'm glad you're doing something that will help other people, but you need to take into account where you're posting that. Which of our needs does this fulfill?

Maybe you can give us an idea of the business aspect of your project. How you plan to make it through to the 'youth', parents, schools, and whatever else to get signups. What your source of continued income will be, what figures you've projected. Is this just going to be a fun distraction, or do you have the skills / a staff councellor / connections to other programs that will go a step past having an activity?

Don't get me wrong. Simply being in a different environment than they might have otherwise will be impactful. I'm just challenging you to go beyond that, to leverage the initial impact to exponentially cause changes.

And I'm asking for the business details, maybe a story. Why you think this will work out, what concepts will you use to make this less of a (noble as it may be) job, and allow you to really expand beyond that. What market research went into it.

Beetle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 18, 2011
Once the youth center is open staffing will not be a problem. I have been dancing for over 10 years so the skills to really teach these kids are here. I am currently working on my how to power move dvd which i will sale to raise money for my cause. I'm also involved with the after school programs here teaching dance and at the open gyms. Actually the schools in my area love the idea and need more youth centers like this. Parents would support as much as they can. Most parents are not home until 6-7pm and would not mind taking their child to a place where they can learn and be in a positive surrounding. i appreciate your input. thanks

Ferrari Girl

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Apr 3, 2011
Sounds like a great idea. You could use your fastlane DVD income to fund your first center and perhaps franchise it all over and really help out a lot of troubled kids, building yourself a successful fastlane business in the process and freeing yourself from a JOB and giving you time to spend doing what you love to do (yourself) and giving you more time to work with troubled children if that is what you choose to do. Fastlane is about freedom, the freedom to do what you want to do with your life. Good luck with your plan.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.