The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My financial goal for December & January

rzach41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 23, 2007
By February 6th I will have raised $5,000 by bird dogging the city of Oroville.
I intend to give my Wednesday & Friday afternoons in return for the money.
Each Wednesday and Friday afternoon will be spent driving around the city of Oroville for no less than two hours per trip.

I will be paid $675 for each of my first three properties I find. Once I have accomplished this we will renegotiate my going rate. To keep thing simple we will assume I will be paid $675 for all eight properties I will find.
$675 x 8 = $5,400
64 (# of days to complete goal) / 8 (# of deals I need to make $5,000+) = 8
64 days is my timetable. To ensure I stay on course with my deadlinee, I must find one property every eight days.

First property by: 12/12/07
Second property by: 12/20/07
Third property by: 12/28/07
Fourth property by: 1/5/08
Fifth property by: 1/13/08
Sixth property by: 1/21/08
Seventh property by: 1/29/08
Eighth property by: 2/6/08

Each week, the Wednesday will be spent finding the properties. Fridays will be reserved for getting the additional information down at the clerk-recorder & assessors offices. If I fall behind schedule, I will use Sunday afternoon as time to catch up and stay on track.

I'll update this thread on the progress I make.

Thanks for reading

Ryan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
By February 6th I will have raised $5,000 by bird dogging the city of Oroville.
I intend to give my Wednesday & Friday afternoons in return for the money.
Each Wednesday and Friday afternoon will be spent driving around the city of Oroville for no less than two hours per trip.

I will be paid $675 for each of my first three properties I find. Once I have accomplished this we will renegotiate my going rate. To keep thing simple we will assume I will be paid $675 for all eight properties I will find.
$675 x 8 = $5,400
64 (# of days to complete goal) / 8 (# of deals I need to make $5,000+) = 8
64 days is my timetable. To ensure I stay on course with my deadlinee, I must find one property every eight days.

First property by: 12/12/07
Second property by: 12/20/07
Third property by: 12/28/07
Fourth property by: 1/5/08
Fifth property by: 1/13/08
Sixth property by: 1/21/08
Seventh property by: 1/29/08
Eighth property by: 2/6/08

Each week, the Wednesday will be spent finding the properties. Fridays will be reserved for getting the additional information down at the clerk-recorder & assessors offices. If I fall behind schedule, I will use Sunday afternoon as time to catch up and stay on track.

I'll update this thread on the progress I make.

Thanks for reading

Ryan
Sounds like a good plan! Good luck...

Only thing I'd consider is that many places are closed on Sundays. If you're going to the clerk's office, it may be closed. Realtors may not be showing properties. And other people may just be uninterested in dealing with clients and anything else work related on Sundays.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks! I love it when people are out there DOING stuff. Please keep us updated! :smxG:

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I love the way you have created your schedule and are taking action.
I want to issue a word of advice so you can make sure your plan is sound.
I don't know how you've setup this but in my case I've paid the birddogging only after closing, as the leads that do not close have no value for me. If that is the case, you will be getting your money probably 30 to 60 days after finding the last one.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Good Luck!

rzach41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 23, 2007
12/5/07

Today was my first bird dog session. I drove from approximately 12:00 to 4:15. Since I update our local real estate investment clubs foreclosure list each week, I had about 7 fresh notice of defaults to go track down. I google-mapped all the properties then got directions from one property to the next- because if I didn't I would surely be lost.
Anyways, I tracked down all my target properties, and also found four different ones with potential. Everything was a success until I got home and realized that I do not have the necessary cord to upload my pictures from the digital camera to my laptop. Shiza.

I am also using this thread to keep track of my miles driven.

Purpose of Trip: Bird dog
Start Mileage: 178,152
End Mileage: 178,262
Total Miles Driven: 110

PS: I almost got mauled by two huge dogs that ran at me when I tried to take a picture of a property. The car was on with the drivers door open so I made a swift escape, but still... way to throw me a curveball

rzach41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 23, 2007
12/7/07

Trip #2

Purpose of trip: bird dog
Left at: 2:45 PM
Returned at: 4:45 PM
Starting Mileage: 178,330
Ending Mileage: 178,357

Today I found eight more properties. :eusa_clap:
Now I must create another powerpoint presentation for these properties.

workinnnnnnnnn my plan,

Ryan

tylerblue

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Nov 15, 2007
RZA,

When you are collecting information on each property, what sort of things are you noting?

Lot size? School district? Last sale date? Do you find out who the owners are and phone book them?

I'm interested to know what your investors want to know.....

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Can you tell us what part of CA you are in? SoCal? NoCal?

rzach41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 23, 2007
The whole "holiday season" shot my plan to sh*t. I had to go home for a few weeks. I'm back and I'm picking up right where I left off. The plan is still there, but instead of having that $5K by 2/4/08 itll be sometime in march or maybe even early april. Who knows, I might even wholesale a property before I even bird dog one... wouldn't that be something.

Definitely should have accounted for CHRISTMAS and NEW YEARS when I drew up my plan... :\

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.