The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My FastLane Business - Day by Day Story

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Welcome to my journey guys!

This new thread will be about my Day 1 (process) to my events. I'm here to share you my whole experience day by day and give you my business idea and what's my plan. I think we all like to follow each other and help each other in our process and I thought that was a good idea to start a topic about it. It will help me to keep focusing on it even if some days are harder. I want you to feel free to give me opinion and (even if I don't really care sometimes it might bring something better) tips.

Let me introduce myself :

I'm Christopher I'm 20 years old I live in Canada (QC) and english is not my principal langague so sometimes I might destroy a few words but I'm always doing my best. I droped college for the business that I actually own which might be sold by the end of the summer for many reason that I learned from MJ's book. The business was doing pretty good for his first year but I had no CONTROL since the product was available for everybody and since it was a service company in the long run the business would have died. I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to make my dream come true and I hope you are doing the same thing. I'm still a nice and friendly person and feel free to add any comments!

My Business Idea :

After reading MJ's book, which changed a lot of thing for me, I had to change my business. After reading the whole book and taking a few notes about the important thing, I started looking for niche and where the market could need a new service. So my new idea came out of my head after a few hours of thinking in the night. I thought that everybody need to wash and clean his car and for most people like you and me I think it important to have a nice clean car and it's also good for ''health'' of the car (as I said earlier my english is not perfect haha). Most of you might say, well they are already a lot of standing car washer for cheap. Yeah your right but here comes my idea. If you don't want to wash your car by your own you'll go in a car wash machine and for this you have to deplace yourself for this and it takes times and sometimes the job isn't perfect and all these big brush are not that good for the painting of your car and if you car is expensive I don't think you would like to have scratchs on it. So I thought why I wouldn't start this kind of company but more luxury and the big advantage would be that I deplace myself to your house with my employee at the begening. The market is big and there are a lot of possibilities so I'll have the factor of scale by the time it get bigger and it will be more customize and used by better product. I have a big market in front of me of rich people or normal people that enjoy a nice clean car and that are ready to pay for this kind of service. By the time I get bigger, I'll be able to grow my company and in the future sells franchises all over the country because My name will be huge with a good reputation.

That's my road plan. I want you to feel free to give me your idea, opinion, feedback and any positive idea to add to this business.

For the moment I DONT WANT TO HEAR NEGATIVE OPINION, FEEDBACK OR WHATEVER HOW YOU CAN CALL IT BECAUSE IT BRING FEAR AND I DON'T NEED THIS FEAR. Thanks ! :smug2:

I'll be posting everything I do, everything I feel and think and how much hours I work on it.
To finish, this topic is here to help me to keep focusing on my dream and it here to help me out with all of you!

Welcome aboard I wish you a nice trip and let all make

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

filipemj

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 30, 2011
I was going to give you my opinion, then i saw that No negative comments are allowed.

So Try it. It doesnt seem to be risky. And you will learn from it, for sure

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

D

DeletedUser394

La belle province!

Salut, pis bonnes chances dans tes exploits mon ami!

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Haha thanks you!

I'll keep updated this topic daily about everything.

Luck comes with hard work !

So I must say hard work to you ! haha

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Well when I said negative feedback I meant no shit talk or things like this won't work for sure ...

kuanglina

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 5, 2012
Welcome to the forum.
g.php

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Day 1

Wrote this topic and then I worked on the business for 4 hours and now it time to go to bed and wake up early to continue!

The only problem yet I see is when I'll start this business I might have only a few clients to begin so distance could be the problem between each of the client so I might need to start by focusing a nearby area and then attack a larger area by the time I guess.

Good night guys

Opinion and Feedback : ...?

troyfawkes

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 19, 2011
Hey man,

My opinion is that you can't think about this idea. It's simple enough that you should just start DOING it.

Set a price. Start cold-calling from the phone book. Send out flyers. Knock on doors. Get referrals from friends and neighbours. You'll learn and improve it as you go.

If you delay this and it turns out to be a bad idea, you'll have wasted MONTHS or YEARS instead of a couple weeks.

Good luck!
-T

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
So basically you will come to my house and wash my cars..

So a detail business? Or you just talking about a quick wash?

How much do/will you charge?

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Hi I hope you had a great day yet!

I'll come to your house and wash your car.

It won't be a quick wash since It cut on the profit with all of the business fees : gaz, time etc... (There are an average of 2.7 car per house in my area so I'll be saving on fees if I can get all of the car at the same place)

I'm planing on offering many type of wash and I'll add programmes for monthly fees or yearly fees.

Let say, the custumer want 2 times a month, I come wash and clean the inside of the car with the outside.

There will be extra fees for extra product and I'll also add complementary product like air freshner or anything like that that could make me more profit.

For the price, I have no idea yet because I'm not in this part yet and I need to look for all the product price, average gaz fees and all the other fees plus what margain profit I want.

There are a lot of process to do before I start ... I need to know more about this topic so I make sure my service is very good and professional so the custumer see more value in hiring my company then going to the car wash machine.

I'll be updating 4-6 times for sure a week.

thanks you.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
I have no doubt that some rich people would pay to have someone come to their house and wash their cars. One problem is that these people are most likely at work all day (with their car), which means doing it in the evenings since they will have to be home to give you the key...

If I were you, first I would focus on a specific nearby neighborhood by two, thereby improving your efficiency and reducing costs. Secondly I would offer the first car wash FREE, and try to sign people up for bi-weekly washes which would be automatically drafted out of their account. Discount for doing 2 or more cars. Once established in the neighborhood, you could likely expand your service to do a lot more than just clean cars - whether it be taking clothes to the cleaners, groceries, etc.

If you can make $20 profit (after paying employee, but not yourself) from each carwash, you need to wash 100 cars twice a month to make $4k/month. That's 6.5 cars washes/day - all in the evenings...

I don't see fastlane potential in this business, BUT I do believe that it would be a great start for a 20 year old and fantastic learning experience.

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Thanks Cparsons great advice here!

Well my fastlane idea was from ''franchise'' ... get bigger and take a bigger area with young entrepreneur that want to give a first experience so I'll be giving teritory to these entrepreneur.. what do you think ..?

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Yesterday I worked a lot on the project and I used the weighted Average Decision Matrix (WADM) from MJ and finaly I thought this project is not fastlane even if it could be but it would require a lot of employee which means a lot of management.

I think I'll find an idea for something on the internet to begin since it running 24h/24h 7 days a week.

I'll be opening a new topic about it but before that I'll make a big brain storm and really find out which of my idea could be the best.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
Well my fastlane idea was from ''franchise'' ... get bigger and take a bigger area with young entrepreneur that want to give a first experience so I'll be giving teritory to these entrepreneur.. what do you think ..?
"I'll just franchise!" is an inexperienced and niave thought process, in my opinion.

Franchises work quite well in some businesses, but for such a small service business, which could be very easily copied, I don't see it working.

In order for someone to pay a franchise fee, there has to be value in it - a system, a name brand, etc. I don't think this business would have that.

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
YEah that what I finaly thought entry barrier is to low !

thanks.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.