Hello all,
My name is Nestor and I happy to be here to learn and contribute with the community. I have read TMF a few years ago and I just finished reading Unscripted .
During my working life (I am 37) I have been laid off twice and forced into a different role due to it being striped away from me (almost made layoff number 3).
After my last layoff my wife and I made an effort to get serious with our finances. We downsized by moving into a smaller condo, kept one car, and made sure we lowered our consumption in all areas of our life (we got rid of all credit card debt). This was not easy and took over 2 years to do. This was a blessing in disguise as I am now realizing I have moved form the sidewalk to the slowlane.
I have always told myself I am an entrepreneur at heart but in reality I am just a wannapreneur. Unscripted opened my eyes and made me realize I do way too much "Action Faking". I know see real examples of the script happening in real life - everything from my commute to work to comments being made about "Is it Friday yet?"
Now that my eyes are open I am looking forward to making mistakes and learning from them.
Thanks!
Nestor
My name is Nestor and I happy to be here to learn and contribute with the community. I have read TMF a few years ago and I just finished reading Unscripted .
During my working life (I am 37) I have been laid off twice and forced into a different role due to it being striped away from me (almost made layoff number 3).
After my last layoff my wife and I made an effort to get serious with our finances. We downsized by moving into a smaller condo, kept one car, and made sure we lowered our consumption in all areas of our life (we got rid of all credit card debt). This was not easy and took over 2 years to do. This was a blessing in disguise as I am now realizing I have moved form the sidewalk to the slowlane.
I have always told myself I am an entrepreneur at heart but in reality I am just a wannapreneur. Unscripted opened my eyes and made me realize I do way too much "Action Faking". I know see real examples of the script happening in real life - everything from my commute to work to comments being made about "Is it Friday yet?"
Now that my eyes are open I am looking forward to making mistakes and learning from them.
Thanks!
Nestor
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
