The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My epiphany into the fastlane

YOMANU

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
May 21, 2017
Belgium
After spending a while browsing around the forum, I think it’s time to share my story.

I’m a 25 year old, living in Belgium, currently stuck in the slowlane. I work in a typical 9-5 job, which I couldn’t hate any more. In my whole life, I never knew what I wanted to do in my professional career. I remember when I was in kinder garden, the teacher asked which jobs we wanted do. I was the only one who didn’t know then, and it has stayed this way my whole life .

Between my boring tasks, I browse the web a lot. That way I feel like actually doing something useful and informative. Mostly I was searching for tips how to save money by cutting expenses. While doing this I stumbled upon the concept of financially independency by saving as much as possible of your income. This intrigued me and I started to live by this concept.

Not that long ago, I stumbled upon a review of TFM and that’s when my vision switched from slowlane to Fastlane thinking. Coincidentally this ‘epiphany’ was combined with an injury on my foot, which made me stay home for 2 weeks. I didn’t waste this time and went on a reading spree with books/forums/blogs about mindfulness, finance and entrepreneurship. After reading the book, I was completely convinced. Now that I know there’s a way out of this miserable way of living, I hate my job even more and minutes seem to last like hours. It also blocks my creativity and positivism.

It dawned to me that there is a reason why I never knew which job I wanted to do. This is because there is NO job I want to do. Apparently my brain already knew this, but my consciousness didn’t. I want to be an entrepreneur, make my own job and be goddamn passionate in it! It’s remarkable how my mindset has completely been shift in such a short period of time.

Now, what have I done in the last couple of weeks:
- read 3 books: TMF , The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and a Dutch financial book.
(Funny actually, never was a reader person but since this mindset shift, I really enjoy it. Now I’ve made a big ‘to read list’ so there’s a lot more to come. Next up is Cashvertising and Creativity today).
- watched a lot of motivational video’s
- searched inspiration for business idea’s
- google google google
- started meditating (don’t manage to do this every day though)

I realized last week that while I was accumulating very useful new info, I wasn’t actually DOING something. That’s when I started practicing my copywriting, because this is something I’ll definitely need in whatever business I begin. Another habit I created is my first action in the morning. I reflect about my previous day and what frustrated me or could be improved. I keep thinking until I have 5 ideas written down. This mostly works, only the last few days my inspiration seems to lessen. During the day I train my mind to spot problems with other people or possible needs. Unfortunately no workable idea so far.

As I don’t have an idea yet what I want to do, I thought about how I could be mentored. My brother is a successful entrepreneur with different businesses, so he was the obvious person to approach (strange actually I didn’t think about him before). When I told him I wanted to change my boring job for the entrepreneur road, he was immediately very enthusiastic, which made me feel very good. We’ll meet up later this week to have an open chat about it.

So in general, the Fastlane Millionaire hasn’t changed my life YET, but it WILLfor sure. I’m highly motivated and looking forward to passionately working on my own business!

P.S. Thanks for reading this guys.
Don’t know if I’ll do a lot of posting around here, but I I’ll certainly do a lot of reading!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum. Your brother sounds like a great resource to begin your journey. And he is excited to help which speaks volumes.

fastbo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
May 26, 2017
Orlando, FL
Yomanu,

Welcome to the forum. Like most of us here, TFM was a waking up moment. If you liked what you read, read MJ's new book Unscripted . TFM is choosing to take the red pill. Unscripted is the rest of the story - how to find opportunity, how to execute, what to avoid - like faking it, not starting a "business" that's really a job, and so on.

After spending a while browsing around the forum, I think it’s time to share my story.

I’m a 25 year old, living in Belgium, currently stuck in the slowlane. I work in a typical 9-5 job, which I couldn’t hate any more. In my whole life, I never knew what I wanted to do in my professional career. I remember when I was in kinder garden, the teacher asked which jobs we wanted do. I was the only one who didn’t know then, and it has stayed this way my whole life .

Between my boring tasks, I browse the web a lot. That way I feel like actually doing something useful and informative. Mostly I was searching for tips how to save money by cutting expenses. While doing this I stumbled upon the concept of financially independency by saving as much as possible of your income. This intrigued me and I started to live by this concept.

Not that long ago, I stumbled upon a review of TFM and that’s when my vision switched from slowlane to Fastlane thinking. Coincidentally this ‘epiphany’ was combined with an injury on my foot, which made me stay home for 2 weeks. I didn’t waste this time and went on a reading spree with books/forums/blogs about mindfulness, finance and entrepreneurship. After reading the book, I was completely convinced. Now that I know there’s a way out of this miserable way of living, I hate my job even more and minutes seem to last like hours. It also blocks my creativity and positivism.

It dawned to me that there is a reason why I never knew which job I wanted to do. This is because there is NO job I want to do. Apparently my brain already knew this, but my consciousness didn’t. I want to be an entrepreneur, make my own job and be goddamn passionate in it! It’s remarkable how my mindset has completely been shift in such a short period of time.

Now, what have I done in the last couple of weeks:
- read 3 books: TMF , The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and a Dutch financial book.
(Funny actually, never was a reader person but since this mindset shift, I really enjoy it. Now I’ve made a big ‘to read list’ so there’s a lot more to come. Next up is Cashvertising and Creativity today).
- watched a lot of motivational video’s
- searched inspiration for business idea’s
- google google google
- started meditating (don’t manage to do this every day though)

I realized last week that while I was accumulating very useful new info, I wasn’t actually DOING something. That’s when I started practicing my copywriting, because this is something I’ll definitely need in whatever business I begin. Another habit I created is my first action in the morning. I reflect about my previous day and what frustrated me or could be improved. I keep thinking until I have 5 ideas written down. This mostly works, only the last few days my inspiration seems to lessen. During the day I train my mind to spot problems with other people or possible needs. Unfortunately no workable idea so far.

As I don’t have an idea yet what I want to do, I thought about how I could be mentored. My brother is a successful entrepreneur with different businesses, so he was the obvious person to approach (strange actually I didn’t think about him before). When I told him I wanted to change my boring job for the entrepreneur road, he was immediately very enthusiastic, which made me feel very good. We’ll meet up later this week to have an open chat about it.

So in general, the Fastlane Millionaire hasn’t changed my life YET, but it WILLfor sure. I’m highly motivated and looking forward to passionately working on my own business!

P.S. Thanks for reading this guys.
Don’t know if I’ll do a lot of posting around here, but I I’ll certainly do a lot of reading!

YOMANU

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
May 21, 2017
Belgium
Too be honest Unscripted was on my to read list, but not for anytime soon.
However as i am still in the idea phase, it's a very good idea to start reading it and getting specific advice towards my business idea.
Will order it this evening together with cashvertising.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

YOMANU

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
May 21, 2017
Belgium
Met my brother this weekend, which helped me a lot actually.
He gave me tips and some inspiration to work on.
His dedication and enthusiasm is contagious.
Nice to know i have someone with experience to rely on when i have questions.
Having a mentor is a big bonus.
After this 'meeting' i worked on my ideas which are now more concrete. At this pace i should have a workable idea very soon.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...