- Joined
- Mar 14, 2013
- Messages
- 71
Rep Bank
$315
$315
User Power: 132%
Hello Everyone,
I read tMF a couple months ago, since then I've started my first e-commerce store. There are some things I wish I had known at the beginning of this project that I'd like to share with everyone before I ask for any advice. These things are only theories atm but I think they're pretty close to solid:
-Start your store with a basic template. You don't really know what your customers are going to want and you can hold off on spending on web-dev until you do.
-Validate your point of difference as quickly as possible. Meaning - put your product before potential customers as quickly as possible to see if they'll buy 1, and 2 see if they buy because of or even realize what your point of difference is.
-Don't spend business money on non-business things.
-Look for pain points on reddit, forums, customer reviews on competitor sites and anywhere you can.
This is specifically for SEO..consider the following:
1. Is this link High PR?
2. Is this domain aged?
3. Is this domain relevant?
4. Is this a site that has yet to link to me?
5. Is this site recently cached?
6. Does it have a small number of outbound links?
7. Does it have a natural linking profile?
8. Is it spam?
9. Is this link pushing me too far out of the goldie locks zone as it relates to anchor text percentage?
Now please take everything listed with a grain of salt as I don't know it all, these are simply observations I've made and things I thought might be useful to everyone else. They may turn out to be false after I continue to observe for years to come but I'm just trying to be useful.
I have a request however, please tell me what you find wrong with my website: Security Cameras Center . Any criticism would be greatly appreciated. If you could imagine it from the perspective of a potential customer and why you wouldn't be inclined to purchase I'd be very grateful. I have an idea of what I need to do differently as a business but I'm beginning to realize my ideas may not perfectly sync with customer ideas unless they come into contact.
-Zulu
P.S. If anyone does get a chance to answer, thank you in advanced.
I read tMF a couple months ago, since then I've started my first e-commerce store. There are some things I wish I had known at the beginning of this project that I'd like to share with everyone before I ask for any advice. These things are only theories atm but I think they're pretty close to solid:
-Start your store with a basic template. You don't really know what your customers are going to want and you can hold off on spending on web-dev until you do.
-Validate your point of difference as quickly as possible. Meaning - put your product before potential customers as quickly as possible to see if they'll buy 1, and 2 see if they buy because of or even realize what your point of difference is.
-Don't spend business money on non-business things.
-Look for pain points on reddit, forums, customer reviews on competitor sites and anywhere you can.
This is specifically for SEO..consider the following:
1. Is this link High PR?
2. Is this domain aged?
3. Is this domain relevant?
4. Is this a site that has yet to link to me?
5. Is this site recently cached?
6. Does it have a small number of outbound links?
7. Does it have a natural linking profile?
8. Is it spam?
9. Is this link pushing me too far out of the goldie locks zone as it relates to anchor text percentage?
Now please take everything listed with a grain of salt as I don't know it all, these are simply observations I've made and things I thought might be useful to everyone else. They may turn out to be false after I continue to observe for years to come but I'm just trying to be useful.
I have a request however, please tell me what you find wrong with my website: Security Cameras Center . Any criticism would be greatly appreciated. If you could imagine it from the perspective of a potential customer and why you wouldn't be inclined to purchase I'd be very grateful. I have an idea of what I need to do differently as a business but I'm beginning to realize my ideas may not perfectly sync with customer ideas unless they come into contact.
-Zulu
P.S. If anyone does get a chance to answer, thank you in advanced.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
