My grandfather, in the 1950's purchased a hunting cabin. He didn't have much money at the time, and was always very conservative with his expenditures. After all, he was a young man during the great depression. He learned to conserve and to save. For him, the outlay for this cabin was a very large commitment.
He did it because of his love of the outdoors and of hunting. He and my grandmother spent every weekend of hunting season at the cabin. Closing weekend is always the weekend just after Thanksgiving, so they always cooked the turkey in the wood stove, and enjoyed the holiday at the cabin.
They had three children, and taught each of them to hunt. While the two son's decided to move elsewhere, my mother stayed and continued to hunt.
I started going to my grandfather's cabin when I was just a baby. My grandmother used to care for me while the hunters were out looking for their game. I spent my first 18 Thanksgivings at the cabin. Some of my favorite memories of my grandfather at the cabin. I loved listening to the popcorn as he popped it over the wood stove, or shivering in my bed in the early morning hours as I listened to him build a fire. When I was still very little, I started following in his snow tracks (I had to - the snow was up to my thigh) as we hiked up the mountain in search of an elk. His love of the mountains and of the hunt was passed down to my mother and to me.
My grandfather passed away 9 years ago. He is missed dearly, but his legacy lives on at our cabin. This year, we passed the lessons of my grandfather on to my daughter. At the age of 12, she was able to carry a gun for the first time this year.
News of her successful hunt was a bittersweet time for our family. We missed my grandfather so - but we also enjoyed the fact that his legacy has been passed down to yet another generation. Oh, how he would have loved that day.
He did it because of his love of the outdoors and of hunting. He and my grandmother spent every weekend of hunting season at the cabin. Closing weekend is always the weekend just after Thanksgiving, so they always cooked the turkey in the wood stove, and enjoyed the holiday at the cabin.
They had three children, and taught each of them to hunt. While the two son's decided to move elsewhere, my mother stayed and continued to hunt.
I started going to my grandfather's cabin when I was just a baby. My grandmother used to care for me while the hunters were out looking for their game. I spent my first 18 Thanksgivings at the cabin. Some of my favorite memories of my grandfather at the cabin. I loved listening to the popcorn as he popped it over the wood stove, or shivering in my bed in the early morning hours as I listened to him build a fire. When I was still very little, I started following in his snow tracks (I had to - the snow was up to my thigh) as we hiked up the mountain in search of an elk. His love of the mountains and of the hunt was passed down to my mother and to me.
My grandfather passed away 9 years ago. He is missed dearly, but his legacy lives on at our cabin. This year, we passed the lessons of my grandfather on to my daughter. At the age of 12, she was able to carry a gun for the first time this year.
News of her successful hunt was a bittersweet time for our family. We missed my grandfather so - but we also enjoyed the fact that his legacy has been passed down to yet another generation. Oh, how he would have loved that day.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
