The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Must resist temptation!

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008

jokerGN

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 1, 2008
Long Island, NY
I'm the wrong person to be the voice of reason... Or perhaps the right one. I'm a sinner who has walked down that road many times. The immediate satisfaction wears off very quickly (its only a quick fix and will leave you chasing the dragon :smx2:)... Leave the money in the bank or invest in a business you'll be thankful a few years from now.

Mike

Roman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 21, 2008
Pacific NW
reminds me of RDPD, the difference between the poor and the rich is the rich spend that money on assets (things that bring you money) and not liability(take money).

although I did buy a new lexus instead of using it towards investment, I would have a bigger wallet it I hadn't done so...

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
It's so low to the ground. Bumps and hills would eat up the bottom of the car.

Sorry...just trying to make it a little bit easier for you to resist the temptation. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Yeah it was just a temp thing, I'm not going to buy anything.

That kind of car is too new for me, I prefer much older European cars. I'd buy a 1994 500E or a 328GTS before something like that.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I resist buying a new car every year. I'm still driving a 2000, and hoping to atleast get to 2010 with it running good. I haven't had a car payment in 4-5 years now and it's an amazingly good feeling. A feeling that is so much better than that high you get when you buy a new car. I think if you focus on having that feeling, you'll get through the temptation! :)

- Hakrjak

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
I prefer much older European cars. I'd buy a 1994 500E or a 328GTS before something like that.

I thought about you the other day. My dad was telling a friend of ours how he had the opportunity to purchase numbers matching 1938 MB 170 V back in 1973 for a like $1200. It was supposed to be some rare, pre-war car that had some story behind it. How are the values on those things today? Anything collectors go after?

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
The 170 is a cool car, it was Mercedes bread and butter model before the war. The only pre war Mercedes that are worth anything other than the race cars are the 500, 540's, SSK's etc. But they didn't make to many of them since it was the depression.

They made the 170 until the 50's because there factory's were bombed out during the war and they couldn't afford to design a new car. I almost bought a 190 this year which is the 170's succesor for $250 but it needed a lot. I'm not ready to take on another project Mercedes just yet.

Most people don't know but the 300SL Gullwings were cars that MB did on the cheap because they had no money...they used cheap drum brakes, and they used the driveline from the sedan. They used fuel injection because during the war they learned a lot about it, because the Germans were forced to use junk gas. I think the German gas during the war had an average octane in the mid 80's, while ours was 105ish.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.