The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Muscle millionaire

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
This is a route I am taking. Starting my own supp/diet company in March(when it launches). Haven't started taking any orders in but I am becoming my own testimonial.
My end body result will be 250 at 10% bodyfat. I started at 450 at 60%. Standing right now at 347 at 26.2% bodyfat.
Here's some of my progress.
http://www.450tofit.com/

- I'm recording everything I do thoroughly as well. I will be writing a book based upon my experience. Already have started and should finish within the next 12-18 months.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Find a sugar-mommy.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
This is a route I am taking. Starting my own supp/diet company in March(when it launches). Haven't started taking any orders in but I am becoming my own testimonial.
My end body result will be 250 at 10% bodyfat. I started at 450 at 60%. Standing right now at 347 at 26.2% bodyfat.

- I'm recording everything I do thoroughly as well. I will be writing a book based upon my experience. Already have started and should finish within the next 12-18 months.

Thats impressive! I'm doing the rapid fat loss protocol from bulletproofexec.com right now, only coffee with butter and a lot of supplements for 6 days, then 1 carb-refeed day. Will probably do this until the end of february or will stop earlier, depending on the results.

theDarkness

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 11, 2012
There's a lot more to it than having the right appearance. Think of all the work you would have to do to build the brand if you simply hired a muscle-y spokesman instead. Because that's about how much people will care about your muscles.

I would stop thinking of it as monetizing your looks, and focus on establishing real relationships with people. What can you offer? How can you get in front of interested people? Your looks may entice them, draw them in, or make them envious, but that has to be a launchpad for eventually giving them something of value. If you want to directly monetize your looks maybe become a model for hire.

Maybe go where people who really want big muscles gather, and see what they are struggling with, or what they complain about. Or what isn't working for them. Zero in on complaints and think of how you can make them go away.

Most of the ideas for making my current business better come from browsing the industry forums and seeing where the customers and suppliers feel ripped off, mislead, defrauded, or when they are simply very angry at the ineffcient state of things. Most of the industry is about 50 years behind the times, and it is currently dominated mostly by big companies content to wring a dying biz model for every last drop that they can. The industry is just dripping with opportunity for anyone willing to step in and tackle the big supply chain problems without taking crappy shortcuts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I wish when you put a user on your ignore list the thread didnt show up at all...

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Btw, I buy my supplements solely based on reviews/recommendations. Like elliot, I care exactly ZERO about the brand, who's behind it, what packaging looks like etc. I don't even really care about the price, as I don't want to put bad shit in my body, so if a recommended/well-reviewed products costs more, so be it.

VictorB

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Dec 28, 2012
Bucharest, Romania
If you want to go the supplement route (which is indeed a high ROI business), I think you should

Product:

Set a high price point

Partener with NOW Foods (if possible)

Emulate NOW Foods business model (e.g. copy it)

Ride the BIO trend with your products (I would use the actual word BIO in all my products)

Actually HAVE A BIO product, don't make it all crap as most guys do (might be expensive, but really worth it!)

Marketing, Management & CC:
Partener with blogs like Be Legendary

Offer a subscription based discount package to try and create a loyal customer base

Follow up phone calls with your clients, ask them how they feel, if their workouts have changed (create a loyal customer base)

Don't hire anybody, do all the work yourself, including CC (you'll probably have few clients in the beginning)

Create youtube videos (as different as possible) and try to get the word out for your online presence (if they go viral, you're golden)

It might be a lot of work, but surely worth it. I would not personally focus on branding yourself as the key guy in the beginning. I would instead focus on the points above, most importantly on the NOW Foods thing and the customer care part.

As you see, all your money should go towards product creation and none towards marketing. If you build it they will come. I'm guessing you don't have millions of dollars to invest right? Because if you do, the strategy changes dramatically.

jacobdawson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
May 7, 2012
Berlin, Germany
"This is a route I am taking. Starting my own supp/diet company in March(when it launches). Haven't started taking any orders in but I am becoming my own testimonial.

- I'm recording everything I do thoroughly as well. I will be writing a book based upon my experience. Already have started and should finish within the next 12-18 months."

That's fantastic man, the site looks good and congratulations on your progress so far! Keep it up!

Anthony_44

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Dec 5, 2012
North Carolina, USA
I hate to say it, but guys who look like greek gods are a dime a dozen. While I was competing I tried to go the route several of you suggested and create the fitness website/personal training website/ supplement company and every guy with a 6 pack is trying to do the same thing. Several of the people I actually competed against are what you would call "famous" in the fitness community (sponsored by major companies/tons of social media followers/their own websites/ clothing brands) and I can honestly say none of them are living an extravagent lifestyle. They are comfortable for 28 year old guys who get to work out a couple hours a day and wear gym clothes all the time. As a fitness model it is actually VERY hard for men to even get paid because there are so many out there. It is different for women who are fitness models, but that is mainly due to the large number of weirdos online and the marketability of their photos.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
Hypothetically if you were extremely muscular (i.e. looked like a greek god) how would you monetize that to your best interest? I would say start a supplement brand with yourself as the primary advertisement or simply a personal trainer which is not fastlane by yourself. Let's here your guy's ideas

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012

Wow, congratulations to you! That's a VERY impressive achievement and I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure that at 250 lbs and 10% bf you'll be able to convince quite a few people to try your product.

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
The adult industry always hire for that look...

too many muscular good looking guys (people) out there, it's not that amazing really. There's always someone better than you too. Are you more attractive than Zyzz? than maybe RIP

4.jpg

unless you're a celebrity people won't buy it just because of your looks. or have some amazing talent.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I wonder what you said to make Lighthouse so mad...

Anyway, being muscular is only one part of the equation. There's a process behind making millions off your appearance. Arnold Schwarzenegger won Mr. Universe at age 20 but didn't star in the blockbuster Conan the Barbarian until he was 33.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
I wonder what you said to make Lighthouse so mad...

Anyway, being muscular is only one part of the equation. There's a process behind making millions off your appearance. Arnold Schwarzenegger won Mr. Universe at age 20 but didn't star in the blockbuster Conan the Barbarian until he was 33.

In the past I had made a thread that he didn't like for some reason. Do I care? Absolutely not.

Edit: I was considering a web design business a long time ago. This angry prick felt the need to act powerful behind his keyboard because I decided not to go forward with the idea. I'd love to meet him in the real world

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
too many muscular good looking guys (people) out there, it's not that amazing really. There's always someone better than you too. Are you more attractive than Zyzz? than maybe RIP

Yup, I am that amazing.

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
In the past I had made a thread that he didn't like for some reason. Do I care? Absolutely not.

Edit: I was considering a web design business a long time ago. This angry prick felt the need to act powerful behind his keyboard because I decided not to go forward with the idea. I'd love to meet him in the real world

you have issues

internet-serious-business.jpg

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012

are you simple boy? I'm commenting on HIS anger issues and the fact that he feels powerful pressing "ignore". My point is that in real life he would not act the same way. Also... while lighthouse added me to his extensive ignore list, im pretty sure youre widely hated on throughout the forum...

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet

It's just the internet, open to all, and not everyone is going to agree with your opinion(s) here. So if Lighthouse decides to disapprove about your decision then don't let it grow into passive anger since it's pointless. It is a waste of negative energy that could be use to fuel your plans.

I meant to say anger issues.

are you simple boy? I'm commenting on HIS anger issues and the fact that he feels powerful pressing "ignore". My point is that in real life he would not act the same way. Also... while lighthouse added me to his extensive ignore list, im pretty sure youre widely hated on throughout the forum...

What people feel about me is not a concern to me. It does not affect me in any way. I am open to their dislike though like criticism. I'm here for knowledge. I doubt people literally hate me, since I'm just an anonymous user after all.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Really inappropriate the arguing going on in this thread.

Hate is quite a strong word. I do not agree with some of the users here but why do you need to confirm any dislike towards them. Mike39, Lights, Lighthouse, SeanKelley, whoever else... get the F*ck over it lol. If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.

onlyup

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 8, 2011
The adult industry always hire for that look...

View attachment 4380

unless you're a celebrity people won't buy it just because of your looks. or have some amazing talent.

Forever Mirin He's up in heaven Smirin

elliot

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Dec 21, 2012
Kent United Kingdom
I buy all my stuff here in the uk from a company called maximuscle and I have no clue what the owner would even look like. This company uses rugby players and boxers as the face of there website and I think it works well saying if somebody famous uses the product people will follow. There was a programme here in uk on suppliments and sports drinks covering everything and seemed people are easily sucked in when they see well known people using the product.

elliot

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Dec 21, 2012
Kent United Kingdom
As above with the subscription idea offer loyalty points for shopping on your site?
After reading Tim Ferris (not my fav book) seems this business very hard work and a lot of risk/money to start

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.